PDA

View Full Version : can you decline a penalty?

camelcowboy
01-19-2007, 08:42 PM
they are just a bad team with the power play, there better off playing 5-5

Nighthawk
01-19-2007, 08:52 PM
This team is plain bad right now. They aren't good enough at this point to play with a team who is on top of their game.

Philagape
01-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Three words:

Shoot

the

puck

They wait for the perfect shot, which just wastes time.

Nighthawk
01-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Three words:

Shoot

the

puck

They wait for the perfect shot, which just wastes time.

So true! Whoever is coaching the powerplay needs to have that duty taken away. I know that Ruff has a say, but it is very apparent that Arniel is missed. When a team like the Sabres doesn't move there feet on the PP, then it is very easy to defend. A big part of the problem is that the Sabres don't move around on the powerplay...it annoyes the crap out of me!

SABuffalo786
01-19-2007, 11:00 PM
They like to stay on the boards, too. They've got space to skate into and they just like to stay on the edges like a bunch of scared kids.

I don't get it.

Nighthawk
01-19-2007, 11:04 PM
They like to stay on the boards, too. They've got space to skate into and they just like to stay on the edges like a bunch of scared kids.

I don't get it.

Exactly! I hate to say this, but it is bad coaching. Patrick just isn't getting it done with the Powerplay along with McCutchen. They need to review some of the team with the best powerplays in the league and then revamp their system. The system they play now sucks.

SABuffalo786
01-19-2007, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't put Arniel on such a pedestal.

Let's not forgot he was also bossing the powerplay back in the pre-lockout days when it was just as dismal as it is now.

I'm sure coaching does have a part to play, but right now it looks like it's mostly on the player's shoulders.

If you're not going to shoot the puck or pressure the defense, I don't care what kind of coach you have, you're not going to have succesful special teams.