PDA

View Full Version : Someone told me.............

BuffaloBillsStampede
01-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Someone told me that they read that Willis could very well be traded to the Jets soon because all talks about a new deal have broken down between him and the Bills. They also said that they read that Willis is definitely on the trading market. I can't find anything about this anywhere, can anyone confirm this???? He said it was in USA Today, but he may have mis-spoke. The deal was for draft picks if anyone was wondering, and he said it was said to be almost a sure thing.

BILLSROCK1212
01-19-2007, 10:06 PM
i honestly find this hard to believe....but if it is true i will be pissed cas i just cnt see Willis doing bad behind the Jets young O-line.....then again if it is for their first or 2nd and 3rd ill do it

BuffaloBillsStampede
01-19-2007, 10:08 PM
my thoughts exactly............I just can't believe that they would trade him inside the division. That has to tell you that they think hes not going to do much more than what hes done so far.

Philagape
01-19-2007, 10:12 PM
We don't have any Miami grads on defense, so I wouldn't be afraid of him.

OpIv37
01-19-2007, 10:26 PM
why would willis want to play FOR the only team in the NFL that he can smoke?

I suppose it's possible and the Jets do need an RB, but willis is still under contract for a year and I don't know why we'd want to help out a division rival with a trade. I'll believe it when there's some evidence to back it up.

Got a link?

camelcowboy
01-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Let him play if he has a good year Tag him and trade him.

clumping platelets
01-19-2007, 11:17 PM
NY Giants need a RB :D

Stewie
01-19-2007, 11:20 PM
is your friend's name Cat? How much money does he make?

DraftBoy
01-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Your friend very well may have heard a rumor about the Giants and not the Jets. I wouldnt mind a deal to the Giants. Especially for a 2nd and 3rd.

Ebenezer
01-20-2007, 12:39 AM
NY Giants need a RB :D
sounds good to me...start negotiations...

BillsFever21
01-20-2007, 12:52 AM
Was it your rich friend?

clumping platelets
01-20-2007, 03:37 AM
I say McGahee and our 3rd to the NY Giants for their 1st

OR

McGahee to Oakland for WR Jerry Porter and swap of 3rd's

OR

McGahee to Houston for their 2nd

All seem plausible to me

kernowboy
01-20-2007, 04:35 AM
Personally I'm not too bothered if the draft picks come this year or next.

The way I see it is that with a superb RB class in 2008, extra picks allow us to move up for an ELITE runner like McFadden or Slaton. If we were able to able to get a top RB with our own pick where we stood we could package our remaining Day1 picks together for a top WR like Bowman

We're unlikely to get to the Championship game next season. If we did it would be more a fluke, than based on a performance that would be sustainable but I reckon with a great draft this year, principally focusing on the defence, followed by a draft in 2008 dedicated towards the offence, we could easily find ourselves still playing in January 2009 !!

Forward_Lateral
01-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Someone told me that they read that Willis could very well be traded to the Jets soon because all talks about a new deal have broken down between him and the Bills. They also said that they read that Willis is definitely on the trading market. I can't find anything about this anywhere, can anyone confirm this???? He said it was in USA Today, but he may have mis-spoke. The deal was for draft picks if anyone was wondering, and he said it was said to be almost a sure thing.

Your friend is a liar.

jpdex12
01-20-2007, 07:58 AM
i honestly find this hard to believe....but if it is true i will be pissed cas i just cnt see Willis doing bad behind the Jets young O-line.....then again if it is for their first or 2nd and 3rd ill do it

Get rid of his ass! Willis has only put up average stats and he is far from a team player. Nothing what Marv and company is looking for in a RB. He is not a leader, he has done nothing to show leadership and that is an important quality that a team should have in a star RB. Look at most of the successful RB's in the NFL's history. They helped lead their teams by example and by locker room presence. Often when you look at Willis when he is on the field he walks around lathargically, takes quite a few plays off for someone that doesn't seem to be ripping off lnog tuns that would warrent a rest. Travis Henry played through worse injuries than Willis and he still produced. I have noticed him on several occassions during TV timeouts at the game dancing and jiving around the huddle acting like he's the second coming of Christ.
Yes I have rooted for him and wished that he would be the next Thurmal, but it ain't gonna happen. Especially with his dick agent. If they don't get an extension he will hold out. Look at just about every deal that Drew has been in on with a noticable player....HOLDOUT. Let him holdout, Marv and Ralph will not give in as that is not their style nor does he deserve it. Trade his ass and make the most out of whatever picks we get. No one will give us a 1st rounder I can tell you that. Deon Branch was worthy of a 1st rounder as he could change games with Brady, Willis cannot. Branch showed what he could do in a super bowl, I don't see Willis performing like that in a regular game. I'd be satisfied with a late 2nd or even an early 3rd. We want winners on this team, not some idiot that is too lazy to wear a friggin rubber, and is too good to practice with his team in the offseason. Sorry to rip one of our players but it's true!
Anyone want to buy a McGahee jersey? I'll sell it real cheap?

MTBillsFan
01-20-2007, 10:43 AM
We don't have any Miami grads on defense, so I wouldn't be afraid of him.
Isn't Miami grads an oximoron? who graduates from Da U anymore?

DraftBoy
01-20-2007, 11:30 AM
I say McGahee and our 3rd to the NY Giants for their 1st

OR

McGahee to Oakland for WR Jerry Porter and swap of 3rd's

OR

McGahee to Houston for their 2nd

All seem plausible to me

Dont like the 1st one so much, if all we are getting is their 1st back. Draft is deeper in the middle. On the bottom 2, I like the trades, just would like to add a Day 2 pick for us in each pick.

jpdex12
01-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Dont like the 1st one so much, if all we are getting is their 1st back. Draft is deeper in the middle. On the bottom 2, I like the trades, just would like to add a Day 2 pick for us in each pick.

I don't think that Buffalo would get much for Willis. He's unproven, arrogant, can't back up his BS, I'm sure that knee injury will always linger around him when describing his abilities. We will be doing well to get a late second or early third...maybe a trade for a player that we need along with a second day pick. Willis is so inconsistant, would you want to give up much for him?

Either way, I'd like to see him traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Trade him to the Jets, Giants, whoever. Buffalo went out on a limb drafting him in the first round and giving him the opportunity. You'd think that he would have made the most out of it and proved his worth. Well, he had one decent season and that is it. I guess you could say that he worked so hard to rehab just for the money not for the glory. It is easy to see him working hard in the year before his contract expires just to get a wealthy extension and then kick back and ride the waves of mediocrity. F him! Ship him out and get someone in here that is going to be a team player and contribute. Maybe I'm being too hard on the guy but the NFL is a "what have you done for me now" league so you have to be the player that the team expects you to be year after year or you will be replaced. With the old school mentality our front office has Rosenhaus had better start shopping his client!

DraftBoy
01-20-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't think that Buffalo would get much for Willis. He's unproven, arrogant, can't back up his BS, I'm sure that knee injury will always linger around him when describing his abilities. We will be doing well to get a late second or early third...maybe a trade for a player that we need along with a second day pick. Willis is so inconsistant, would you want to give up much for him?

Either way, I'd like to see him traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Trade him to the Jets, Giants, whoever. Buffalo went out on a limb drafting him in the first round and giving him the opportunity. You'd think that he would have made the most out of it and proved his worth. Well, he had one decent season and that is it. I guess you could say that he worked so hard to rehab just for the money not for the glory. It is easy to see him working hard in the year before his contract expires just to get a wealthy extension and then kick back and ride the waves of mediocrity. F him! Ship him out and get someone in here that is going to be a team player and contribute. Maybe I'm being too hard on the guy but the NFL is a "what have you done for me now" league so you have to be the player that the team expects you to be year after year or you will be replaced. With the old school mentality our front office has Rosenhaus had better start shopping his client!

Good points, I just think since he has gone over 1000 he could be worth say a late 2nd to mid 3rd and a 5th

Tatonka
01-20-2007, 08:10 PM
if henry got a 3rd, willis will get at least that, based on name and public perception.. i think the public blames his awful season on our line.. not his bad running.