Are all Fan based trades made on the assumptions that the 29 other teams are ******s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Are all Fan based trades made on the assumptions that the 29 other teams are ******s?

Forked from: Mikka Noronen

Originally posted by Nighthawk
    Playing safe gets you beat and the same is true here. The problem that everybody seems to forget is that Biron, IMO, is not a championship goalie. Therefore, I feel that if we lose Miller, our Cup dreams are probably lost too. Thus, you make your team stronger in front of Miller and play to win.
    Originally posted by Nighthawk
    Very easy answer...Phoenix. I like both Shane Doan & Jovanowski...either would be an excellent fit for the Sabres and Phoenix is not happy with their goaltending. Another possible player that I would like would be Guerin, but the way St. Louis is playing right now it doesn't look like they will be trading away their players at the deadline.

Can I ask a serious question?

If you rate a player as being not all that good- why would teams want to fork over their best players for your garbage? What's in it for them?
  • clumping platelets

Re: Are all Fan based trades made on the assumptions that the 29 other teams are ******s?

I think people also forget that there is a salary cap now in hockey

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Re: Are all Fan based trades made on the assumptions that the 29 other teams are ******s?

Originally posted by Dozerdog
      Forked from: Mikka Noronen

Can I ask a serious question?

If you rate a player as being not all that good- why would teams want to fork over their best players for your garbage? What's in it for them?
      When I think of some of the trades Darcy has pulled off I wonder what some NHL GMs have been thinking...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

Re: Are all Fan based trades made on the assumptions that the 29 other teams are reta

I can't stop laughing at the title.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          When I think of some of the trades Darcy has pulled off I wonder what some NHL GMs have been thinking...
          Wilson for Warrener AND a draft pick
          We robbed Florida blind on that one
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
            I can completely understand trading one struggling young player for prospects- from both sides. It's not like Warrener was an all-star in Florida.

It was a risk/reward deal for both sides.

But lemme take your semi-expensive goalie off your hands- yeah- the one that won't be playing for either of us in 4 months- and give you my best players for him.

DDDUUUHHHHHHHH...............

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Re: Are all Fan based trades made on the assumptions that the 29 other teams are reta

Gratton for Briere
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

Dozer, you can say that again.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

The all time ripoff was Barrie Moore to the Oilers for Miro Satan

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

Didn't that draft pick turn into Ryan Miller too?
                    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                    Vanek is Austrian not European
                    Originally posted by Prov401
                    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                    Originally posted by better days
                    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Barnaby for Stu Barnes

Comment

• SkateZilla
                        • Dec 2002

Dacry Dont trade and when he does its like he uses the jedi mind trick.. come on, Gratton for Briere!?.. lol..

Next year we trade Andrew Peters for Pavel Datsuk... lol...
                        Skate Zilla
                        -----------------------
                        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

In the Gratton deal, we gave up enormous size for a firefly who seemed to have a "little" scoring touch. Briere was put on waivers that year I believe so it wasn't like we were ripping them off at the time.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Briere was put on waivers in 2001. The following season he scored 32 goals for Phoenix.

The difference between him and Gratton, then and now, is Briere has way more heart. That's more important than size.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

It wasn't a little guy's league then either. The rules changes made Briere a star

Comment

Working...
                              X