PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Dolphin Player?

texasphinsfan
01-20-2007, 01:06 AM
Alright, alright....

before you flame or delete or what have you, i want to get some input from the mature bills fans here. i know we're rivals, but heck, even i've had some bills players in the past who i have definitely respected and actually admired.... and i'll admit to it too.

i had always loved Don Bebe and Steve Tasker, personally. There are others, but those are my "favs", if they could be called that.

post up.

who are your favorite dolphins players? (through the years).

hammerbillsfan
01-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Ricky Williams :funny:

no seriously, Duper and Clayton were very good WR's, just that dick Marino was throwing to them :yucky:

jmb1099
01-20-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm thinking in the now...
Jason Taylor is a beast
For years gone by:
Marks brothers, and how could anyone not like Marino as a player, what an amazing arm
That being said I hate the fins of course, but you get the idea

YardRat
01-20-2007, 02:07 AM
Honestly....None.

Buckets
01-20-2007, 04:59 AM
Taylor & Czonka (SP?)

Historian
01-20-2007, 05:29 AM
Ray Finkel

texasphinsfan
01-20-2007, 06:26 AM
Ray Finkel

the irony in your comment is the character "Ray Finkle" was based on your own Scott Norwood.... the Buffalo Bill kicker that was actually pretty damn good, but always remembered for the missed "kick heard round the world"...

you know, from Super Bowl XXV.

but yeah, i get your point.

Captain gameboy
01-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Though not a player, Tom Olivadotti has always been my favorite member of that org.

Michael82
01-20-2007, 07:49 AM
None of them! Squish the fish! They can all rot in hell. :mad:

And will you Dolfelon fans please quit all this Dolfelon talk, it's making me queasy. :ill: :puke:

Forward_Lateral
01-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Sammy Morris.

Michael82
01-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Thurman Thomas.....he will always be a Buffalo Bill to me, but he did wear the uniform for one sad, depressing season. :ill:

Historian
01-20-2007, 08:19 AM
I also like that dead linebacker too....I forget his name.

alohabillsfan
01-20-2007, 08:25 AM
Ray Lucas!:bandwagon

Michael82
01-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Ray Lucas!:bandwagon
:lmao: he's Nate Clements favorite too.

BlackMetalNinja
01-20-2007, 08:35 AM
the irony in your comment is the character "Ray Finkle" was based on your own Scott Norwood.... the Buffalo Bill kicker that was actually pretty damn good, but always remembered for the missed "kick heard round the world"...

you know, from Super Bowl XXV.

but yeah, i get your point.

Really.... I don't recall that guy at all. We were in Super Bowl XXV??? You don't say!

My favorite Dolphin of all time is either Sage Rosenfels or... A.J. Feeley... it's a real toss up!

patmoran2006
01-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Id love to have Jason Taylor on my team.

Mitchy moo
01-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Alright, alright....

before you flame or delete or what have you, i want to get some input from the mature bills fans here. i know we're rivals, but heck, even i've had some bills players in the past who i have definitely respected and actually admired.... and i'll admit to it too.

i had always loved Don Bebe and Steve Tasker, personally. There are others, but those are my "favs", if they could be called that.

post up.

who are your favorite dolphins players? (through the years).

http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/8/wilmington-cemetary-gravestone.jpg

G. Host
01-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Sammy Morris.
For me too. I understand him leaky he leaving to get more playing time and being a backup to Ricky he knew he could get some even if they were sloppy seconds.

G. Host
01-20-2007, 09:10 AM
:lmao: he's Nate Clements favorite too.
Maybe he will recommend Ray Lucas be rehired when he interviews in Miami.

Historian
01-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Yatil Green

DynaPaul
01-20-2007, 09:18 AM
What's wrong with you people? How can you not instantly think of Brian Cox?

Luisito23
01-20-2007, 10:22 AM
None of them! Squish the fish! They can all rot in hell. :mad:

And will you Dolfelon fans please quit all this Dolfelon talk, it's making me queasy. :ill: :puke:

Couldn't have said it better myself......F the fish!!!......

GO BILLS!!!!!!

ParanoidAndroid
01-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Keith Byars

Dr. Lecter
01-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Jason Taylor.

Bob Kuchenberg.

MTBillsFan
01-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Underwood, didn't Saban make him cry?

Ingtar33
01-20-2007, 11:28 AM
sammy morris, jason taylor and that little kick returner/wr they've got now, little guy has heart.

Philagape
01-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Garo Yepremian

Historian
01-20-2007, 11:36 AM
George Wilson

ShadowHawk7
01-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Of the current Fins, my favs would have to be Yeremiah Bell and Sammy Morris. I always see Bell giving the extra effort to finish a play on ST or defense.

Crisis
01-20-2007, 01:03 PM
sammy morris, jason taylor and that little kick returner/wr they've got now, little guy has heart.

That's Wes Welker.

I don't like anyone who has ever worn teal and orange. Thurman does not count.

OpIv37
01-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Gotta respect Wes Welker and Dan Marino. I'm not a big Taylor fan but he definitely deserved defensive POY this year.

feelthepain
01-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Ray Finkel

AKA: Scott Norwood....oh the irony!!!

feelthepain
01-20-2007, 01:12 PM
In contrast, my Favorite Bill players would be Don Bebe, Jim Kelly.

texasphinsfan
01-20-2007, 03:10 PM
the lack of maturity in here is surprising... i expected more from you guys...

but to those who answered seriously and honestly, thank you.
hey, i gave serious discussion a try. didn't think that honest attempts at
football discussion would be met with elementary school jokes and retorts.

Ickybaluky
01-20-2007, 03:17 PM
I'd probably choose Czonka as my all-time favorite. Maybe Dwight Stephenson as a second, the guy was unbelievably dominant.

Of the current team, I really like Jason Taylor & Zach Thomas (for obvious reasons), Marty Booker, Kevin Carter, Patrick Cobbs (because I was rooting for him when he almost made the Pats this year), Kyle Eckel (another longshot who I rooted for in Pats TC) and Wes Welker. I'd take any of those guys on the Pats. Channing Crowder is another guy who is growing on me, because he is becoming a heck of a LB. I thought he was a headcase coming out of college, but he seems to have straightened out his act in Miami is an improving player who is going to be real good.

The guy I couldn't stand more than any other was Clayton. I always wanted to see him get his head taken off, because I thought he was a cocky jackass.

ublinkwescore
01-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm thinking in the now...
Jason Taylor is a beast
For years gone by:
Marks brothers, and how could anyone not like Marino as a player, what an amazing arm
That being said I hate the fins of course, but you get the idea

Screw Marino, I'll never give him any kind of credit - he's a piece of $#!t off the field, and apparently, he was on the field as well.

ublinkwescore
01-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Cecil Collins :ontome: :brace: :couch:

feelthepain
01-20-2007, 03:58 PM

Par for the course here, I'm hated here because I don't ignore the insults. Some do. They're called the "respectable fin fans". I guess if you come here and don't act like the Bill fans act, you're respected here. If you give them back what you get, you're hated. Who cares if they post like they do, they don't seem to care.

Crisis
01-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Par for the course here, I'm hated here because I don't ignore the insults. Some do. They're called the "respectable fin fans". I guess if you come here and don't act like the Bill fans act, you're respected here. If you give them back what you get, you're hated. Who cares if they post like they do, they don't seem to care.

Waaah waaah waaah, ***** ***** *****.

I'll start posting on finheaven about how those big bad evil fish fans post about their own team on their own site.

:oops:

BillyT92679
01-20-2007, 04:20 PM

I suppose Clayton and Duper, but think about this for a second. Why would fans of one team particularly have favorite players on another team? I'm not even talking about rivalry here. I don't particularly care to keep track on who my favorite Cardinal or Lion players are either.

RedEyE
01-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Csonka was a monster. That guy was mean, ugly and never apologized for it....never had to!

Marvelous
01-20-2007, 04:34 PM
I can admit that i like Marty Booker.. I liked him alot when he was a Bear.. I don'troot for him or nothing but he seems like a very underrated part of Miami's offense....

Honorable Mentions---Konrad,,Byars,,Keith Jackson,,

-I respect/hated because they owned us---Louu f-in Oliver! What a Bills killer!
-T-Buck..Terrell Buckley was to us as Nate Clements & Moulds was to them..

Oh yeah-- ~~~S--W--E--E--P~~~
~~~S--H--U--T--O--U--T~~~
~~almost D--O--U--B--L--E~~S--H--U--T--O--U--T~~~

OWNED!!!

NJFINSFAN1
01-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Though not a player, Tom Olivadotti has always been my favorite member of that org.

That name makes me want to take a crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DraftBoy
01-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Chris Chambers by far, gotta give him some love after telling his own fans to vote for a Buffalo Bill, Im sure he'll come here during the next FA period.

BAM
01-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Thurman Thomas.

Night Train
01-20-2007, 04:56 PM
LB Jackie Shipp

Bling
01-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Chris Chambers by far, gotta give him some love after telling his own fans to vote for a Buffalo Bill, Im sure he'll come here during the next FA period.

:rofl: Guys got 4 years left on his contract. Tell me you still want him 4 years from now when Lee Evans is on our payroll.

Bling
01-20-2007, 04:57 PM
I have never liked or admired a Bill. Only players I like are Leon Washington and Tom Brady.

Post Edited.

camelcowboy
01-20-2007, 04:58 PM

Maturity? Your on a Bills fan site asking who is their favorite player from the teams hated rival. It's like asking McCarthy who his favorite communist is. Sorry post on your team site if you want a mature conversation. If your asking me which player i don't cuss at when i hear his name then i would have to say Welker. He plays his ass off, at least the games ive seen. Zach Thomas for the same reason, but it just makes me hate them more, but i do respect them.

camelcowboy
01-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I have never liked or admired a Bill. Only players I like are Leon Washington and Tom Brady. The rest of your guys and fellow AFC E opponents can suck my dick.

To bad the middle school girls won't do the same for you buddy, but i do respect that answer. Do you think a bears fan is going have a mature converstation about his favorite packers? i doubt it.

Bling
01-20-2007, 05:10 PM
To bad the middle school girls won't do the same for you buddy,

Of course not, I don't want to take your jail cell away from you or should I say slippery soap cell. :D

but i do respect that answer. Do you think a bears fan is going have a mature converstation about his favorite packers? i doubt it.

I got to admit, texas, what did you expect? There's a way to interact with people, but not leave yourself vulnerable. Especially with rivals. Playing nice doesn't mean other people will play nice too.

camelcowboy
01-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Of course not, I don't want to take your jail cell away from you or should I say slippery soap cell. :D

I may go to jail for many reasons but it wont be for pulling a travis Henry

Night Train
01-20-2007, 05:21 PM
The rest of your guys and fellow AFC E opponents can suck my dick.

You stay classy, Miami. :monkeyp:

LtFinFan66
01-20-2007, 05:30 PM
I always respected Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Andre Reed. I would take Lee Evans and Schobel on my team in a second

texasphinsfan
01-20-2007, 06:08 PM
I suppose Clayton and Duper, but think about this for a second. Why would fans of one team particularly have favorite players on another team? I'm not even talking about rivalry here. I don't particularly care to keep track on who my favorite Cardinal or Lion players are either.
well i am a Miami Dolphin fan, but i am also a hardcore FOOTBALL fan.

i recognize and appreciate talent when i see it. I have favorites on every team. I guess you could say this thread was directed towards the football fans. ;)

texasphinsfan
01-20-2007, 06:11 PM

funny you should mention that as both CC and Lee Evans are Badgers....
honestly i think Evans is the better of the two, but that's my opinion. I think CC has better potential, but he's never really lived up to it.

That said, i'd take Evans right now for sure!

texasphinsfan
01-20-2007, 06:14 PM
To bad the middle school girls won't do the same for you buddy, but i do respect that answer. Do you think a bears fan is going have a mature converstation about his favorite packers? i doubt it.

i didn't expect everyone to be "cool" with it. What i did expect was for those that wouldn't be, to ignore this thread and move on.

Much like i do when i see threads that i think are ridiculous or don't care for. I don't make a point to post in every thread.

As the numerous replies have shown, we have some people here who are true football fans, and that's the feedback i was looking for. thanks again to those of you who answered honestly.

texasphinsfan
01-20-2007, 06:15 PM
I always respected Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Andre Reed. I would take Lee Evans and Schobel on my team in a second
oh man how could i forget bruce smith?

i'm agreeing with this post here.... all great players.

Reed's overdue for the HOF if you ask me.

Bling
01-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Oh snap, I forgot Lee Evans. I remember being pissed seeing the Bills draft him, because I knew he would be a beast. Just like I did Anquan Boldin. I think I'm pretty good at judging WRs. Anyway, I do like Lee Evans. That's it. I hat the Bills.

LtFinFan66
01-20-2007, 06:20 PM
did you honestly just say "oh snap" :rofl:

Night Train
01-20-2007, 06:22 PM
I hat the Bills.

In an ascot or stetson manner ?

Bling
01-20-2007, 06:25 PM
In an ascot or stetson manner ?

Reported.

Night Train
01-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Reported.

:rofl: What did you report ? The fact you can't use spell check ?

ShadowHawk7
01-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Acutually yeah, add Welker to my list.

Bling
01-20-2007, 06:33 PM
:rofl: What did you report ? The fact you can't use spell check ?

I don't know what the rules are for reporting, honestly. Obviously there's some sort of guidelines. Maybe you could fill us all in. ;)

camelcowboy
01-20-2007, 07:01 PM
i didn't expect everyone to be "cool" with it. What i did expect was for those that wouldn't be, to ignore this thread and move on.

Much like i do when i see threads that i think are ridiculous or don't care for. I don't make a point to post in every thread.

As the numerous replies have shown, we have some people here who are true football fans, and that's the feedback i was looking for. thanks again to those of you who answered honestly.

As a true football fan tell about what you think about tomorrows games. Thats what has me excited.

camelcowboy
01-20-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't know what the rules are for reporting, honestly. Obviously there's some sort of guidelines. Maybe you could fill us all in. ;)

Reported

ParanoidAndroid
01-21-2007, 12:05 AM

What? It doesn't take long to find out that most of the posters on this site are reasonable people. If you engage in the same kind of behavior that you dislike, then you should expect treatment to reflect that attitude.

!Papacrunk!
01-21-2007, 07:01 AM
For me and Bills players, I'd have to say Lee Evans, Fletcher-Baker, and Spikes. Hopefully Spikes can get back on track for you guys (well at not when he's against us,lol,) because he can be quite the intense and passionate player.

Historian
01-21-2007, 07:05 AM
AKA: Scott Norwood....oh the irony!!!

Funny...looked like the son of the nazi death camp guard, Uwe von Schamann, to me.

Michael82
01-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Maturity? Your on a Bills fan site asking who is their favorite player from the teams hated rival. It's like asking McCarthy who his favorite communist is. Sorry post on your team site if you want a mature conversation. If your asking me which player i don't cuss at when i hear his name then i would have to say Welker. He plays his ass off, at least the games ive seen. Zach Thomas for the same reason, but it just makes me hate them more, but i do respect them.
Great post! Wes Welker has my respect, but thats it. I don't like him or root for him. But I respect what he does and the kind of player he is. :bf1:

Billsrock4life
01-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Sammy Morris and Wes Welker

feelthepain
01-21-2007, 10:34 AM
What? It doesn't take long to find out that most of the posters on this site are reasonable people. If you engage in the same kind of behavior that you dislike, then you should expect treatment to reflect that attitude.

Obviously you've never tried posting a reasonable post as a rival fan here! In a perfect world your opinion may be true, but on this site, you can't escape the trash talking becaue most of the fans here are incapable of posting resaonably. This thread is a perfect example, a reasonable post by a rival fan full of Bill fans posting like children, why? Because they'd rather trash talk, then talk football. It's that simple.

ublinkwescore
01-21-2007, 12:40 PM
:rofl: Guys got 4 years left on his contract. Tell me you still want him 4 years from now when Lee Evans is on our payroll.

That is the most ******ed thing I've ever heard/read.

ublinkwescore
01-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Reported

Reported.

Crisis
01-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Obviously you've never tried posting a reasonable post as a rival fan here!

Well that makes two of us then.

In a perfect world your opinion may be true, but on this site, you can't escape the trash talking becaue most of the fans here are incapable of posting resaonably.

Seems to me like whenever you're wrong in an argument about the Dolphins, you compare everything to the Bills (offensive stats, coaches for example) without acknowleding that you were almost shut-out in the season against us.

This thread is a perfect example, a reasonable post by a rival fan full of Bill fans posting like children, why? Because they'd rather trash talk, then talk football. It's that simple.

You'd rather piss and moan over what someone said on the internet, and cry how you're a message board victim than post anything reasonable.

texasphinsfan
01-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Funny...looked like the son of the nazi death camp guard, Uwe von Schamann, to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Finkle

read the bottom of the page. the character in Ace Ventura "Ray Finkle" played on the dolphins in the movie. in REAL LIFE (what counts), he was based on a Buffalo Bills kicker.

don't poop where you eat! :D

ParanoidAndroid
01-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Obviously you've never tried posting a reasonable post as a rival fan here! In a perfect world your opinion may be true, but on this site, you can't escape the trash talking becaue most of the fans here are incapable of posting resaonably. This thread is a perfect example, a reasonable post by a rival fan full of Bill fans posting like children, why? Because they'd rather trash talk, then talk football. It's that simple.

It's simple. Disengage and move on to something you enjoy instead. I would be willing to bet that the climate would be similar for a rival fan on Finheaven or the like. There's a lot of smack talk in sports. I don't partake of it very often, but it comes with the territory. Should it come as a surprise? :idunno:

feelthepain
01-21-2007, 03:25 PM
It's simple. Disengage and move on to something you enjoy instead. :idunno:

Or option B: The immature Bill fans here could just grow up.

jmb1099
01-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Option C
Be a respectable rival instead of a clown. Plenty of good fin fans here who for the most part get treated with respect. You get none because you are not respectable.

ParanoidAndroid
01-21-2007, 03:42 PM

Wouldn't option "A" be easier or should we try to control everyone's behavior? Sure, it would be nice to be crowned emperor and declare everything that makes us uncomfortable to be violation of law, but is that realistic?
I know it can be difficult, but you have to just keep scrolling and forget you read it. Keep in mind that nothing said on here really matters. It's all about self-entertainment. If you're not enjoying yourself, find something better.
Okay. I'm done being a self-righteous blowhard. :D

kgun12
01-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Thurman Thomas.....he will always be a Buffalo Bill to me, but he did wear the uniform for one sad, depressing season. :ill:

This is the reason I will not go to his Hall of Fame induction! Any other teams yes, not the Fins! :ill:

kgun12
01-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Wouldn't option "A" be easier or should we try to control everyone's behavior? Sure, it would be nice to be crowned emperor and declare everything that makes us uncomfortable to be violation of law, but is that realistic?
I know it can be difficult, but you have to just keep scrolling and forget you read it. Keep in mind that nothing said on here really matters. It's all about self-entertainment. If you're not enjoying yourself, find something better.

Or C If you don't like Bills fans say bad things about your team, and you if you didn't exspect it, and didn't think it would happen, there is a place where you can talk about your favorite players all you like...Fin Heaven!

feelthepain
01-21-2007, 05:12 PM

Isn't that why you have Moderators? They only seem to add fuel to the fire rather then trying to distinguish it and maintain control. Just because you're a Bill fan and this is a Bills site shouldn't give you the right to trash rival fans and remain exempt from insulting posts. Bill fans don't have a problem with Bill fans slinging insults to rival fans, but get their panties in a knot when anyone else does it to them, does that make it right? No, but this is a Bills site, stop whining about rival fans being disrespectful if you choose to ignore your own fans doing the same. That's the way adults deal with it. You want it to stop? Ask your own Bill fan members to stop posting like children. Go back through my history here, I'm 100% positive you'll find very few if any posts where I start the trash talking in any post.

The best way to go is to treat everyone the same, that way everyone must respect one another. It makes for a much more pleasant experience and more respected site. If you really care, you'll agree with my opinion, if you don't then you're no different then the Bill fans that ruin this site.

feelthepain
01-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Or C If you don't like Bills fans say bad things about your team, and you if you didn't exspect it, and didn't think it would happen, there is a place where you can talk about your favorite players all you like...Fin Heaven!

kgun12
01-21-2007, 05:18 PM

I don't know how you come to a rivals site ask a question like this an not exspect fans to say bad things about your team or play. If you noticed I haven't said anything about any of your players. You the one with all the neg points so I don't think it's me that needs to grow up!

feelthepain
01-21-2007, 05:30 PM
I don't know how you come to a rivals site ask a question like this an not exspect fans to say bad things about your team or play. If you noticed I haven't said anything about any of your players. You the one with all the neg points so I don't think it's me that needs to grow up!

Go to finheaven sometime and try trash talking and see how far you get, it's not just unacceptable for Dolphin fans it's unacceptable for everyone. That's the way it should be, you go to a football site to talk football not take abuse form a two year old. I don't know why you can't see that. Wouldn't you rather just talk football?? I would, but at the same time I'm not going to allow a child to disrepect me, it aint hapenin, and it shouldn't. Like I said many times before find posts where I start slinging insults, you won't find them because I want to talk football, it's always the Bill fans here starting trouble, Idare you to find a post in any thread where I was the one starting trouble....good luck, you won't find it.

feelthepain
01-21-2007, 05:35 PM

Who said YOU need to grow up? Do you include youself in the group of Bill posters here that feel the need to insult rival fans just because you're too immature to post like an adult or with respect to everyone? If you are, then yes I'm talking about you, if not, then obviously I'm not talking about you.

texasphinsfan
01-21-2007, 05:40 PM
FTP - don't get too up-in-arms over it.... they do have a point, it is their site and if they wish to conduct themselves like that, let them. just avoid the confrontations i guess... i decided i would do that here.

anyway.... at Finheaven, you still have some of the immaturity (you have it everywhere, really), but you have a lot more maturity overall. Anytime a rival fan starts a thread, or posts at finheaven, if it is not a smack post, they are usually treated with respect and a good football discussion follows. One thing i can say, is that our moderators and admins are chosen (or selected) based on how diplomatic they are. While they voice their opinion just like everyone else, they also don't cross the line, insult people, or bash other teams without justifiable circumstances.

Then again, finheaven is a much larger site with a lot more activity.... i won't hold that against billszone. after all, if i hated it that much here, i wouldn't post here.

funny to see how big this thread got. ;)