PDA

View Full Version : Cam Cameron freaking SUCKS

Stewie
01-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Dolphins fans and "media" acted like Miami's head coaching job was desirable. The only team to offer full control, top to bottom. Yet somehow, after 15 interviews and a Costa Rican orgy with Pete Carroll, the best they came up with went 18-37 in his last head coaching position at Indiana.

Thats eighteen wins, thirty seven losses.

That 18 wins was good enough to land work with Marty. Cammy coached the offense, the same year they traded Vick to land possibly the best running back in history. And he gets one of the best tight ends. And two solid quarterbacks.

And where did it get them?

A .327 clip is good in baseball. It ain't gonna cut it in the AFC east. This guy makes Jauron look like Bill Parcells, and I couldn't be happier for the dolphins. :dance:

Devin
01-20-2007, 02:06 AM
I dont know if he will do well or not, however this is a great post !!

Historian
01-20-2007, 05:31 AM
Bravo fish!

:bf1:

texasphinsfan
01-20-2007, 06:34 AM
meh.... i think you are making a lot of assumptions.

for starters, they didn't trade vick... they traded their pick. not the same as the rivers-manning deal you are probably thinking of. second, you can't judge him by his college record for two reasons: 1) NO one has been able to have success there (before and after him), and 2) i think it has been established that record in college coaching should have no bearing on how you'll do as an NFL head coach.

What's more, you'd have to go by the most recent information. Given that he has "run" one of the highest-scoring offenses the past several years, i'd say that is something to be noteworthy of.

Lastly, you can discount his efforts all you want based on the talent he had there... but you also need to acknowledge that he built a gameplan utilizing those talents (with the obvious exception of the last playoff game). A lot of OCs can't even do that (build a plan around your strengths), so you need to give credit where its due, when its due.

That said, i am not saying we can crown us AFC East champions just yet... but i fail to see where anyone can take a definitive stance either direction on this matter.

Mr. Miyagi
01-20-2007, 08:13 AM
:lolpoint:Cam-Cam.

Who the hell can't win with Tomlinson and Gates on the roster? This guy's got Gregg Williams written all over him. :laughter:

ParanoidAndroid
01-20-2007, 11:12 AM
The majority voice of praise for the Saban signing has died to mumblings of anger and frustration.
I'm with tex on this one. (Insert anti-Dolphins disclaimer here) Chances are, he will fail as a head coach his first time around. Most do. However, I don't think
...anyone can take a definitive stance either direction on this matter.

LtFinFan66
01-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Dolphins fans and "media" acted like Miami's head coaching job was desirable. The only team to offer full control, top to bottom. Yet somehow, after 15 interviews and a Costa Rican orgy with Pete Carroll, the best they came up with went 18-37 in his last head coaching position at Indiana.

That 18 wins was good enough to land work with Marty. Cammy coached the offense, the same year they traded Vick to land possibly the best running back in history. And he gets one of the best tight ends. And two solid quarterbacks.

A .327 clip is good in baseball. It ain't gonna cut it in the AFC east. This guy makes Jauron look like Bill Parcells, and I couldn't be happier for the dolphins. :dance:Yeah a bad record coaching football at a basketball school in the Big 10 dooms his coaching ability forever. Your post is ******ed

LtFinFan66
01-20-2007, 11:18 AM

A .327 clip is good in baseball. It ain't gonna cut it in the AFC east. This guy makes Jauron look like Bill Parcells, and I couldn't be happier for the dolphins. :dance:oh, and if you are gonna post, at least know a little about what you are talking about. The Fins DID NOT give him total control. Do a little research

Historian
01-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Well that settles it!

The fish suck!

dolphan117
01-20-2007, 12:06 PM
oh, and if you are gonna post, at least know a little about what you are talking about. The Fins DID NOT give him total control. Do a little researchI was about to post that. Capers finally signed his contract offer so he is staying to run the D and Mueller has been granted personnel authority. Cam will be able to focus primarily on the offense and just confirmed in a radio interview that he is going to be the one calling the plays. Good-by Mr. Mularkey. :cheers:

Stewie
01-20-2007, 01:39 PM
meh.... i think you are making a lot of assumptions.

for starters, they didn't trade vick... they traded their pick. not the same as the rivers-manning deal you are probably thinking of.

Yes, I know that they traded the pick, and there was no guarantee of LT falling to 5 (4?) or Drew Brees falling through round 1. But that's what happened. And including it really would have detracted from the point of my post, which is that Cameron freaking sucks.

Stewie
01-20-2007, 01:40 PM
oh, and if you are gonna post, at least know a little about what you are talking about. The Fins DID NOT give him total control. Do a little research

That right there is PROOF that they view him as a tier 2 candidate. It is well known that their first choice would have been given top to bottom control.

And can you please point out where I said they gave Cameron full control?

Right, cause I didn't say that. Your post is a moron. "Do a little research," like reading my post.

Stewie
01-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Ltfinfan, you take football smack way too personally. It's probably cause your team blows and has gay colors, but that's not really my fault.

bluehaze
01-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Going to bookmark this thread to revisit next season! :dance:

LtFinFan66
01-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Ltfinfan, you take football smack way too personally. It's probably cause your team blows and has gay colors, but that's not really my fault.Sorry, since this is posted in the BillsZone and not the smack zone, I thought maybe there was a chance of intelligent conversation taking place. Guess I was wrong on that. If it was smack, then it needs to be in the smack zone. JMHO

Bling
01-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Ltfinfan, you take football smack way too personally. It's probably cause your team blows and has gay colors, but that's not really my fault.

This is smack? Surely it can't be smack, because it's not in the smack zone. This looks more like humor to me.

feelthepain
01-20-2007, 02:45 PM
That said, i am not saying we can crown us AFC East champions just yet... but i fail to see where anyone can take a definitive stance either direction on this matter.

Because they're Bill fans and as perpetual losers, they want the same for everyone else. This thread is exactly you would expect form their fans. Looking to knock everyone else, while ignoring their own shortcomings.

bluehaze
01-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Lee Corso doesn't think Cam Cameron's record in five seasons at Indiana, his only head coaching position before the Dolphins, is any reflection on what he can accomplish in the NFL.

"Since I was fired there [in 1982], Sam Wyche is the only coach who left there without being fired," said Corso, who coached at Indiana from 1973-82. "Does that say enough about how tough it is to win there?"

Cameron, who lettered as a quarterback under Corso in 1982 and Sam Wyche in 1983, was 18-37 at Indiana (1997-2001) and 12-28 in the Big Ten. His best season was 2001 when the Hoosiers were 5-6.

Chicago Bears defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, a former Dolphin, played for Cameron at Indiana.

"There were just basic rules," Ogunleye said, "but you had to respond to them. He was the kind of coach that dots his I's and crosses his T's.''

Ogunleye also said that Cameron has a good sense of humor, but "when it comes to offense, he's very serious. One thing you appreciate is he's very approachable. He doesn't dwell on hypotheticals. He believes in cold, hard facts."

Cameron became known for his creativity and ability maximize a player's potential. He moved quarterback Antwaan Randle El to wide receiver and running back. Randle El is the only college player to score 40 touchdowns passing and rushing.

"What he did with Randle El is what I saw him do at Michigan," said Desmond Howard, who won the Heisman Trophy in 1991 as a Michigan wide receiver coached by Cameron. "He knew how to cultivate talent and put players in position to make plays."

Crisis
01-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Because they're Bill fans and as perpetual losers, they want the same for everyone else. This thread is exactly you would expect form their fans. Looking to knock everyone else, while ignoring their own shortcomings.

You're the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen.

Whenever anyone says anything about the Dolphins, you bring the Bills into the discussion, point out stats, but fail to see that you LOST TO US TWICE LAST YEAR.

Ickybaluky
01-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Nobody wins at Indiana, at least in football. Lee Corso didn't win there. Sam Wyche didn't win there. Gerry DiNardo didn't win there. Those are all guys that had success elsewhere. There are too many established college football powers in the Big 10 for them to compete.

I don't think you can judge Cameron as a HC, he is a complete unknown. He does have a decent track record working with QBs. He worked with Antwaan Randle El at IU. He worked with Gus Frerotte and Trent Green as QB coach in Washington. He worked with Brees and Rivers in San Diego.

That might be a big reason why he got the job. His biggest challenge in Miami will be straightening out the QB position, which has been unsettled since Marino retired.

LtFinFan66
01-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Finally an intelligent post in this thread from a rival fan :up:

texasphinsfan
01-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Nobody wins at Indiana, at least in football. Lee Corso didn't win there. Sam Wyche didn't win there. Gerry DiNardo didn't win there. Those are all guys that had success elsewhere. There are too many established college football powers in the Big 10 for them to compete.

I don't think you can judge Cameron as a HC, he is a complete unknown. He does have a decent track record working with QBs. He worked with Antwaan Randle El at IU. He worked with Gus Frerotte and Trent Green as QB coach in Washington. He worked with Brees and Rivers in San Diego.

That might be a big reason why he got the job. His biggest challenge in Miami will be straightening out the QB position, which has been unsettled since Marino retired.
very well said.

Meathead
01-20-2007, 10:51 PM
:lolpoint: dolphish

TigerJ
01-20-2007, 11:02 PM
On the surface, Cam Cameron seems like an underwhelming NFL coach. He may do OK however. When Mike McCarthy was tabbed to be coach of the Packers, everyone said, "Mike who?" He has not done what one might call an amazing turnaround in Green Bay. They were 8-8 this past season, but that is up from 4-12 in his first season. He appears to at least be competent, and Green Bay looks to be improving. As they say, past performance does not guarantee future results.

Stewie
01-21-2007, 01:38 AM
Cameron is being paid less annually than his defensive coordinator.

He is a joke.

texasphinsfan
01-21-2007, 03:50 AM

He is a joke.

the amount he is being paid as compared to a coordinator on the team has no bearing as to his ability.

if anything, it is just a move by the Dolphins FO to protect themselves in case Cameron doesn't "pan out." Cam is making more now than he was as an OC, and if he succeeds, his two-year contract (yes, two year contract) will be extended with more money.

Capers is a proven coordinator, and what's more fielded a top-5 defensive unit last year, thus earning him his payday.

awkward? yes. If you were the FO, and you could have pulled it off, you would have done the same i'm sure.

jamze132
01-21-2007, 05:05 AM
If you hate Bills fans so much why do you continue to visit this sight and converse will all of us losers?

Your posts remind me a something a radical muslim extremest would say. Everything you post in here is negative and hostile.

!Papacrunk!
01-21-2007, 06:47 AM

He is a joke.
I guess you're wrong on this one:

Make no mistake, Cameron is also the boss -- not just a glorified offensive coordinator. He has the final say in all coaching matters for the Dolphins, even if his contract of $10 million over four years is close in range to the contract Capers signed.
Though owner Wayne Huizenga said Friday that Capers' salary isn't as high as several media outlets previously reported ($8.1 million over three years), it is still clear Capers won't make much less than the head coach.
But that's just a matter of experience, Huizenga said. Besides, the owner already made it clear he will win at all cost. So money isn't the issue here. Coaching is. And the Dolphins believe they now have it in place on both sides of the ball.
Cameron, Capers may make dynamic duo (http://www.sunherald.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16509686.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_football)

Call me nitpicky, but he's still making more than Capers, but really, why does that even matter?

Static
01-21-2007, 07:04 AM
:lolpoint: paulB

LtFinFan66
01-21-2007, 09:41 AM
:lolpoint:PaulB.......wrong YET AGAIN!!

feelthepain
01-21-2007, 11:19 AM
If you hate Bills fans so much why do you continue to visit this sight and converse will all of us losers?

Your posts remind me a something a radical muslim extremest would say. Everything you post in here is negative and hostile.

Wrong, it just so happens whenever you're posting in a thread it's full of trash talking. Ive posted plenty of respctful posts here, do a little research before you speak. You act as if the wonderfully passive Bill fans are just being abused by us mean Dolphin fans, that's laughable. As with your blind opinion of your teams talent, you have the same blind view of the Bill fans here. Innocent little victims....booo frikin hooo!!!

feelthepain
01-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Call me nitpicky, but he's still making more than Capers, but really, why does that even matter?

It doesn't, but you know Bill fans, since they live with a crap team year in and year out they want the same for everyone else. So they must try to bring everyone down to their level to justify their missery!

Stewie
01-21-2007, 12:06 PM
the amount he is being paid as compared to a coordinator on the team has no bearing as to his ability.

if anything, it is just a move by the Dolphins FO to protect themselves in case Cameron doesn't "pan out." Cam is making more now than he was as an OC, and if he succeeds, his two-year contract (yes, two year contract) will be extended with more money.

Capers is a proven coordinator, and what's more fielded a top-5 defensive unit last year, thus earning him his payday.

awkward? yes. If you were the FO, and you could have pulled it off, you would have done the same i'm sure.

Uhh... the head coach is being paid less than his subordinate. It wouldn't fly at your employer and it ain't gonna fly down there.

Good luck with that divided locker room.

Stewie
01-21-2007, 12:12 PM
It's not my fault Capers didn't sign the contract when it was in front of him while Wayne was sexing up Pete Carroll.

The fact of the matter is, they offered Capers 200k annually more than they offered Cameron.

That is a joke. It is also proof that Cameron was Wayne's alternative to the alternative.

!Papacrunk!
01-21-2007, 01:04 PM
It's not my fault Capers didn't sign the contract when it was in front of him while Wayne was sexing up Pete Carroll.

The fact of the matter is, they offered Capers 200k annually more than they offered Cameron.

That is a joke. It is also proof that Cameron was Wayne's alternative to the alternative.

First off, see above post of mine. Second, as mentioned in the post, Huizenga has stated that the figure (Capers contract) going around was incorrect. Third, even if it wasn't by a multi-million dollar amount, the fact is that Cameron is getting paid more than Capers. Fourth, your last sentence would make sense if Capers had went elsewhere and we "settled" on Cameron, when we have signed both. Fifth, one really shouldn't talk trash when their coach would be considered by some, not me, a big loser if you look at Jauron's total record--it's not that glowing, but he seems like Jauron has the team on the upswing.

feelthepain
01-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Uhh... the head coach is being paid less than his subordinate. It wouldn't fly at your employer and it ain't gonna fly down there.

Good luck with that divided locker room.

Says who? You!?.....K. I'm sure you're in big demand with your vast knowledge of the inner workings of a football franschise, NOT! You're just trying as hard as you can to find something wrong with everything the fins do. Us fin fans are just hanging on the edge of our seats waiting for your next brilliant un-bias opinion. Noboady cares what you think is going on in Miami, so just save it.

jmb1099
01-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Says who? You!?.....K. I'm sure you're in big demand with your vast knowledge of the inner workings of a football franschise, NOT! You're just trying as hard as you can to find something wrong with everything the fins do. Us fin fans are just hanging on the edge of our seats waiting for your next brilliant un-bias opinion. Noboady cares what you think is going on in Miami, so just save it.
Didn't realize your football knowledge was in such high demand.
Just to recap you predicted Feely would be great for the fins
You predicted Saban would bring the fins back to greatness
You predicted the fins would have a better record than the bills
You predicted the fins going to the playoffs this year
You repeatedly declared Saban wasn't going to leave the fins because you had read his book and became an authority on all things Saban
So out of all of these predictions and all of these declarations, how many of them were you right on? None...zip
Yup you're in demand alright
You know football alright
Go make a new wallpaper

texasphinsfan
01-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Didn't realize your football knowledge was in such high demand.
Just to recap you predicted Feely would be great for the fins
You predicted Saban would bring the fins back to greatness
You predicted the fins would have a better record than the bills
You predicted the fins going to the playoffs this year
You repeatedly declared Saban wasn't going to leave the fins because you had read his book and became an authority on all things Saban
So out of all of these predictions and all of these declarations, how many of them were you right on? None...zip
Yup you're in demand alright
You know football alright
Go make a new wallpaper

OWNED!

jamze132
01-22-2007, 05:45 AM
Wrong, it just so happens whenever you're posting in a thread it's full of trash talking. Ive posted plenty of respctful posts here, do a little research before you speak. You act as if the wonderfully passive Bill fans are just being abused by us mean Dolphin fans, that's laughable. As with your blind opinion of your teams talent, you have the same blind view of the Bill fans here. Innocent little victims....booo frikin hooo!!!
ROFL

it is impossible to communicate with you. Your posts have Turrets.