Cam Cameron freaking SUCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Cam Cameron freaking SUCKS

Dolphins fans and "media" acted like Miami's head coaching job was desirable. The only team to offer full control, top to bottom. Yet somehow, after 15 interviews and a Costa Rican orgy with Pete Carroll, the best they came up with went 18-37 in his last head coaching position at Indiana.

Thats eighteen wins, thirty seven losses.

That 18 wins was good enough to land work with Marty. Cammy coached the offense, the same year they traded Vick to land possibly the best running back in history. And he gets one of the best tight ends. And two solid quarterbacks.

And where did it get them?

A .327 clip is good in baseball. It ain't gonna cut it in the AFC east. This guy makes Jauron look like Bill Parcells, and I couldn't be happier for the dolphins.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Cam Cameron freaking SUCKS

I dont know if he will do well or not, however this is a great post !!
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Bravo fish!

Comment

• texasphinsfan
        • Mar 2004

meh.... i think you are making a lot of assumptions.

for starters, they didn't trade vick... they traded their pick. not the same as the rivers-manning deal you are probably thinking of. second, you can't judge him by his college record for two reasons: 1) NO one has been able to have success there (before and after him), and 2) i think it has been established that record in college coaching should have no bearing on how you'll do as an NFL head coach.

What's more, you'd have to go by the most recent information. Given that he has "run" one of the highest-scoring offenses the past several years, i'd say that is something to be noteworthy of.

Lastly, you can discount his efforts all you want based on the talent he had there... but you also need to acknowledge that he built a gameplan utilizing those talents (with the obvious exception of the last playoff game). A lot of OCs can't even do that (build a plan around your strengths), so you need to give credit where its due, when its due.

That said, i am not saying we can crown us AFC East champions just yet... but i fail to see where anyone can take a definitive stance either direction on this matter.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Cam-Cam.

Who the hell can't win with Tomlinson and Gates on the roster? This guy's got Gregg Williams written all over him.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

The majority voice of praise for the Saban signing has died to mumblings of anger and frustration.
            I'm with tex on this one. (Insert anti-Dolphins disclaimer here) Chances are, he will fail as a head coach his first time around. Most do. However, I don't think
            ...anyone can take a definitive stance either direction on this matter.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by paulB
              Dolphins fans and "media" acted like Miami's head coaching job was desirable. The only team to offer full control, top to bottom. Yet somehow, after 15 interviews and a Costa Rican orgy with Pete Carroll, the best they came up with went 18-37 in his last head coaching position at Indiana.

That 18 wins was good enough to land work with Marty. Cammy coached the offense, the same year they traded Vick to land possibly the best running back in history. And he gets one of the best tight ends. And two solid quarterbacks.

A .327 clip is good in baseball. It ain't gonna cut it in the AFC east. This guy makes Jauron look like Bill Parcells, and I couldn't be happier for the dolphins.
              Yeah a bad record coaching football at a basketball school in the Big 10 dooms his coaching ability forever. Your post is ******ed

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                • Mar 2005

oh, and if you are gonna post, at least know a little about what you are talking about. The Fins DID NOT give him total control. Do a little research

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Well that settles it!

The fish suck!

Comment

• dolphan117
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                    oh, and if you are gonna post, at least know a little about what you are talking about. The Fins DID NOT give him total control. Do a little research
                    I was about to post that. Capers finally signed his contract offer so he is staying to run the D and Mueller has been granted personnel authority. Cam will be able to focus primarily on the offense and just confirmed in a radio interview that he is going to be the one calling the plays. Good-by Mr. Mularkey.

Comment

• Stewie
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by texasphinsfan
                      meh.... i think you are making a lot of assumptions.

for starters, they didn't trade vick... they traded their pick. not the same as the rivers-manning deal you are probably thinking of.
                      Yes, I know that they traded the pick, and there was no guarantee of LT falling to 5 (4?) or Drew Brees falling through round 1. But that's what happened. And including it really would have detracted from the point of my post, which is that Cameron freaking sucks.
                      I love Weiner.
                      also cheese

Comment

• Stewie
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                        That right there is PROOF that they view him as a tier 2 candidate. It is well known that their first choice would have been given top to bottom control.

And can you please point out where I said they gave Cameron full control?

Right, cause I didn't say that. Your post is a moron. "Do a little research," like reading my post.
                        I love Weiner.
                        also cheese

Comment

• Stewie
                          • Aug 2002

Ltfinfan, you take football smack way too personally. It's probably cause your team blows and has gay colors, but that's not really my fault.
                          I love Weiner.
                          also cheese

Comment

• bluehaze
                            • Sep 2006

Going to bookmark this thread to revisit next season!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                              • Mar 2005

Ltfinfan, you take football smack way too personally. It's probably cause your team blows and has gay colors, but that's not really my fault.
                              Sorry, since this is posted in the BillsZone and not the smack zone, I thought maybe there was a chance of intelligent conversation taking place. Guess I was wrong on that. If it was smack, then it needs to be in the smack zone. JMHO

Comment

Working...
                              X