PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams seeking a ......

TypicalBill
03-06-2003, 07:28 AM
Adams, who played last season for the Raiders before his salary-cap related release, is talking to the Bengals and Buffalo Bills. His agent, Angelo Wright, is seeking a three-year contract that he calls "cap friendly" and that Adams will be able to fulfill.

The Link (http://bengals.enquirer.com/2003/03/06/bengals06inside.html)

Sounds good, if its cap friendly, then im all for it.

He would solve our DT need and would instantly make our DL a solid unit.

What do u guys think? :louie:

Novacane
03-06-2003, 07:31 AM
All depends on what they consider "cap friendly"

TypicalBill
03-06-2003, 07:35 AM
maybe they dont want what happened to them last year happen to them this year. The first year of the contract paid him 1 or 1.5mil if im not mistaken and the second year 5 or 6mil.

They want a contract that has a steady figure maybe 3.5mil per season.

Anyway, CP could answer that. Well CP, what do you think?

ArcticWildMan
03-06-2003, 07:35 AM
"Cap friendly" to an agent, may be a totally different animal to TD ;)

ublinkwescore
03-06-2003, 07:36 AM
Sounds good to me, Maybe Sam Adams has grown up a bit, and realized that he's already set for life, now he should just try to get another superbowl ring so that his resume will be more appealing to the HOF.

If I were a professional football player, the only team I'd play for would be either Buffalo, and Buffalo. And if I got traded to Miami, or some other team, I'd save my worst performances for when I played against Buffalo.

ublinkwescore
03-06-2003, 07:36 AM
Perhaps I should call that "Pulling a Ray Lucas"?

Aero II
03-06-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
If I were a professional football player, the only team I'd play for would be either Buffalo, and Buffalo. And if I got traded to Miami, or some other team, I'd save my worst performances for when I played against Buffalo.

That would be awsome.

"Fiedler under center.....The snap..... hands off to Williams....Ooooo....what a vicious hit by the Fins Tackle Ublinkwescore.....fumble......Spikes recovers.......the 10....the 5......touchdoun Bills!!!"

TacklingDummy
03-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Adams would be nice. But we still need someone to rush the passer. How much better would Clements/Winfield/Wire/Prioleau be if they didn't have to hold their covergae for so long?

Bulldog
03-06-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
Adams would be nice. But we still need someone to rush the passer. How much better would Clements/Winfield/Wire/Prioleau be if they didn't have to hold their covergae for so long?

That's why Buffalo signed Posely and Jones. Hopefully these guys will be able to provide a consistant pass rush with help from Schobel.:)