PDA

View Full Version : my #1 FA target

djjimkelly
01-20-2007, 01:22 PM
ok its been years since we have had a TE of any real quality and seeing how everett shouldnt be on team anymore. and royal is avg at best more of a blokcing back to me.

SIGN DANIEL GRAHAM

this guy would be great for run blocking receiving and u know hes a pros pro!!

yes we do need olineman and dline help

JP needs this weapon so does evans

kernowboy
01-20-2007, 01:29 PM
I think we ought to consider a 2 x TE offence. I think Graham stands out at TE from the rest

At RG, there are several players who can come in and contribute

Marvelous
01-20-2007, 01:39 PM
I dunno....I think a TE with skill has been wanted since Riemersma's stellar year,,,and Metzelaars before that....I think Royals is usable until we fix the major weaknesses like NT,guard etc etc...

But Graham would be nice....

ParanoidAndroid
01-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Fairchild is going to be looking for another dynamic duo at receiver like he had in St. Louis. He has half of it with Evans. He will also be looking for an all-purpose RB and a receiving FB. Graham would be an excellent addition and would bring something to his offense that he never really had in STL.

Kerr
01-20-2007, 01:50 PM
'Xactly.

Philagape
01-20-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't see anything special about him. His best season was 38 catches and 409 yards .... three years ago.

This year his numbers were about the same as Royal. If we sign him, fine, but it's nothing to get excited about. And G, DL, LB and CB are much higher priorities.

Marvelous
01-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Fairchild is going to be looking for another dynamic duo at receiver like he had in St. Louis. He has half of it with Evans. He will also be looking for an all-purpose RB and a receiving FB. Graham would be an excellent addition and would bring something to his offense that he never really had in STL.

I'm interested in seeing how Cieslak works out @ FB...Remember what a TC beast he was? He had a couple of passes outta the backfield againstthe Ravens lined up as FB...Sheltons days are past...

ublinkwescore
01-20-2007, 03:18 PM
ok its been years since we have had a TE of any real quality and seeing how everett shouldnt be on team anymore. and royal is avg at best more of a blokcing back to me.

SIGN DANIEL GRAHAM

Robert Royal has really turned it on in the last half of the season - I think I'd make a big name TE a non-need and address the more urgent ones like DT and LB (if Fletcher-Baker leaves) - I'd also rather just draft a CB, WR, and a TE, and go after DT, LB, and G in the FA.

Goobylal
01-20-2007, 04:05 PM
I'd like to see DT and RG addressed in FA. If that happens, I'd like to see MLB Patrick Willis in the 1st round, TE Zach Miller in the 2nd round, and a CB in the 3rd round.

If the Bills have FA's in mind, I'd come out with both guns blazing and sign guys early/quickly. That way you leave less needs for the draft and can draft for depth/future need.

clumping platelets
01-20-2007, 10:06 PM
I think Royal started coming by season end...........I would rather spend that money on a legitimate #2 WR.................Drew Bennett

jamze132
01-21-2007, 05:36 AM
i think finding a really good TE should also be a priority for the Bills. JP needs an outlet.

alohabillsfan
01-21-2007, 07:12 AM

SIGN DANIEL GRAHAM

With the impending loss of Fletcher, clements and the fact that Willis is the only RB signed for 2007 I think targeting the TE position as #1 is slightly beyond ridiculous.

Yasgur's Farm
01-21-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm interested in seeing how Cieslak works out @ FB...Remember what a TC beast he was? He had a couple of passes outta the backfield againstthe Ravens lined up as FB...Sheltons days are past...I've been advocating Ceislak or Neufeld at FB for weeks. I'd also like to slash Josh Reed at WR/RB... Especially if we get a #2 WR.

IMO we would be equally adept at running or passing.

However, I gotta go with LB Adalius Thomas as my #1 free agent priority.

Michael82
01-21-2007, 09:00 AM
I think Royal started coming by season end...........I would rather spend that money on a legitimate #2 WR.................Drew Bennett
EXACTLY! That's been my target all along. I hope that Patrick was talking with him and convincing him to come here at the Bills/Titans game, like he did with Takeo and others. :pray:

djjimkelly
01-21-2007, 05:37 PM
With the impending loss of Fletcher, clements and the fact that Willis is the only RB signed for 2007 I think targeting the TE position as #1 is slightly beyond ridiculous.

i dont think its ridiculous what is most important thing for this bills team to do?

create a legit and viable offense for right now we do not have that on a consistent basis. we had flashes of it last year.

a legit threat at TE creates more space for everyone on offense.

TE MAY NOT BE THE #1 priority of the BILLS

but it should be very close to the top.

BillyT92679
01-21-2007, 07:26 PM
You know who I'd like to break the bank on?

Asante Samuel

Stewie
01-21-2007, 09:34 PM
I don't see anything special about him. His best season was 38 catches and 409 yards .... three years ago.

This year his numbers were about the same as Royal. If we sign him, fine, but it's nothing to get excited about. And G, DL, LB and CB are much higher priorities.

Daniel Graham would have kept both feet in the endzone. :D

patmoran2006
01-21-2007, 10:20 PM
After watching Briggs play today, if there is any possible way we can lure this guy I would SOOO want him on this team.

Kerr
01-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Some people might be thinking what the big deal is with Graham. Two things: 1) He's a solid TE and would upgrade the position. 2) Anything that will weaken the Pats would be a plus for us. The run a lot of double TE sets so the departure of graham will probably hurt them. He's done well for them when called upon in pass blocking situations. It may not seem like a big deal letting go, but after Watson, there's dave thomas who may not be as good blocking for them.

Saratoga Slim
01-22-2007, 09:21 AM
I've been advocating Ceislak or Neufeld at FB for weeks. I'd also like to slash Josh Reed at WR/RB... Especially if we get a #2 WR.

IMO we would be equally adept at running or passing.

However, I gotta go with LB Adalius Thomas as my #1 free agent priority.

I'd be absolutely stoked if we signed Thomas, he's insanely talented.

But I've heard a couple SIRIUS radio reports that Baltimore is very likely to franchise tag him if they can't work out a new contract. Boo.

Saratoga Slim
01-22-2007, 09:24 AM

I think you're mostly right. Daniel Graham is an excellant tight end.....but he errs on the blocking side of the tight end spectrum. My impression is that he's not much more of a dangerous, pass-catching TE than Royal is, and that they actually offer fairly similar skill sets. Graham might be a slight upgrade over Royal, but I'm not sure if he'd be worth spending a lot to get.

The King
01-22-2007, 09:33 AM
I see Denver throwing big cash his way.

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 09:36 AM
I see Denver throwing big cash his way.

Yeah, I'd say the same thing, he is a great fit there.

Denver needs a TE and he is a much better version of Stephen Alexander. He went to college at Colorado, his family still lives there and he grew up a Bronco fan because his Dad played for them.

Philagape
01-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Denver's rookie TE Sheffler came alive when Cutler took over. He looks like their future at TE.

Saratoga Slim
01-22-2007, 09:47 AM

I tend to think you're right. Graham is a good pass-catcher and a great blocker. That's pretty much what Royal appears to offer. Graham might be a slight upgrade in the pass-catching department, but I'm not sure he's enough of one to spend a lot of money on.

That said, I think djjimkelly is right on in stating that a true weapon at the TE spot would add an extra dimension to our offense. Look what Dallas Clark did last night for Peyton. Unfortunately I'm not sure there's anyone available in FA that would really help in this regard. Jerramy Stevens or Eric Johnson maybe. But Stevens seems like a bit of a head case and Johnson's had some injury problems.

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Denver's rookie TE Sheffler came alive when Cutler took over. He looks like their future at TE.

He is their receiving TE. They use him as more of an H-Back type player. Stephen Alexander starts and is mainly featured as a blocker. That is what Graham does as well, and blocking from the TE position is a big part of why Denver is so successful as a run team.

jdbillsfan
01-22-2007, 02:10 PM
I would like to see Justin Griffith, the FB from Atlanta.

I think he could add a lot to this offense. I also wouldn't mind Eric Johnson, the TE from SF. He seems like a good pass receiving TE.