PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Fans seem to think we have no leverage with respect to Peerless..

Alluro
03-06-2003, 08:27 AM
check out some of these threads...

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/categories.cfm?catid=65

clumping platelets
03-06-2003, 08:36 AM
They do not truly understand our cap situation. No way TD removes the tag :snicker:

Ebenezer
03-06-2003, 08:37 AM
they are as informed as 'Fin fans.

don137
03-06-2003, 08:40 AM
It is quite amusing reading. They think they hold the cards and we think we hold the cards. I personally feel we hold the cards because there is a big need for WR by many teams.
It is absurd that many of them think that if Price plays in Buffalo this year that he will tank the season. What player would tank a season knowing he will be be a FA next year? His price tag would be 6 million for Buffalo next year so you know they would not franchise him again. It would only hurt his value.
There is a lot of value later on in FA so Buffalo can wait on Price (unless he signs the offer sheet). Atlanta fans are really fooling themselves regarding moving on if they don't get Price. I guess they can move on but who are they going to get to catch the ball. I guess they forgot about that.

clumping platelets
03-06-2003, 08:42 AM
If the Bills tagged him next year, it will be at 120% of this years tag......

Falcons, if they truly want to add the weapons that Vick needs, will eventually trade for Peerless. Jets will match any offer sheet for Coles, so their WR options are limited

clumping platelets
03-06-2003, 08:43 AM
that's $6.012 million :dizzy:

Voltron
03-06-2003, 08:48 AM
Some guy thinks Boss Baily will be around for their first round pick (23) :rofl:

TedMock
03-06-2003, 08:56 AM
Receiver options are very limited and yes the Jets will keep Coles. Buffalo's in fine shape. If we get a 1st round pick that's obviously the huge bonus and Atlanta pays Price 5.1 mil. If it doesn't work out we release his cap money and Atlanta pays more for Price and he possibly ends up elswhere for even more money. He is the hot commodity in the WR market so if he's released look for the bidding war to begin. In that case, we don't get a 1st rounder but we still sign Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes and we draft for depth. There's nothing wrong with a young DT learning for a couple years under Sam Adams and Pat Williams.

BillsNYC
03-06-2003, 08:57 AM
is anybody posting and setting these clowns straight?

Voltron
03-06-2003, 09:05 AM
I was too lazy to register at another site :z:

Schobel94
03-06-2003, 09:10 AM
We have all the leverage, especially now that Boston is signed and that the Jets will not give up Coles. We have all the cards, we can afford to keep him an extra year, but the question is can Atlanta live without an impact reciever?

don137
03-06-2003, 09:27 AM
If no one wants to give a #1 then we can get a #2 from Arizona for Price. They are hurting now that they lost Boston. Of course they are hurting all over with Plummer & Boston gone and Marcel Shipp is their best RB.

Billz_fan
03-06-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
They do not truly understand our cap situation. No way TD removes the tag :snicker:

100% correct. He will not remove the tag. Also anything less than a 1st rounder and some other goodies and he won't be going to Atlanta via trade. I would rather he remain a Bill than give him away.

TigerJ
03-06-2003, 01:26 PM
TD maintains that while the Bills would prefer to sign PP for a more cap friendly long term deal, they can afford him as a franchised player and sign the FAs we need. He is going to stand firm and if Atlanta doesn't budge, they will find themselves screwed.

Bulldog
03-06-2003, 01:47 PM
I don't really give a damn what those yahoo's from the south are saying. If Atlanta doesen't give Buffalo what they want for Peerless, then who are they going to sign? Boston-gone. Coles-offer will be matched by the Jets. Draft-won't develop this coming season. This deal makes sense for both teams as long as they give Buffalo what they desire for Peerless. The ball is clearly in their court, and TD woulden't have it any other way.

The Natrix
03-06-2003, 02:01 PM
Those guys are a joke.

Yeah, we are in a "nightmare senario." LOL.

Voltron
03-06-2003, 02:17 PM
They think they can wait till next year and get TO ....

Bwaaahahahahahahah :rofl:

49ers will tag him so quick his head will spin. no way that happenes.

The Natrix
03-07-2003, 01:21 PM
here ya go THURM

TedMock
03-07-2003, 04:11 PM
I like Price but .......WE GOT YOUR FIRST ROUND PICK!!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!!