Falcon Fans seem to think we have no leverage with respect to Peerless..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alluro
    You Don't Stand a Chance !
    • Jul 2002

Falcon Fans seem to think we have no leverage with respect to Peerless..

check out some of these threads...

• clumping platelets

They do not truly understand our cap situation. No way TD removes the tag

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

they are as informed as 'Fin fans.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

It is quite amusing reading. They think they hold the cards and we think we hold the cards. I personally feel we hold the cards because there is a big need for WR by many teams.
        It is absurd that many of them think that if Price plays in Buffalo this year that he will tank the season. What player would tank a season knowing he will be be a FA next year? His price tag would be 6 million for Buffalo next year so you know they would not franchise him again. It would only hurt his value.
        There is a lot of value later on in FA so Buffalo can wait on Price (unless he signs the offer sheet). Atlanta fans are really fooling themselves regarding moving on if they don't get Price. I guess they can move on but who are they going to get to catch the ball. I guess they forgot about that.

Comment

• clumping platelets

If the Bills tagged him next year, it will be at 120% of this years tag......

Falcons, if they truly want to add the weapons that Vick needs, will eventually trade for Peerless. Jets will match any offer sheet for Coles, so their WR options are limited

Comment

• clumping platelets

that's $6.012 million

Comment

• Voltron
              • Jul 2002

Some guy thinks Boss Baily will be around for their first round pick (23)
              Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
              - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
              -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
              - Mark Twain

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

Receiver options are very limited and yes the Jets will keep Coles. Buffalo's in fine shape. If we get a 1st round pick that's obviously the huge bonus and Atlanta pays Price 5.1 mil. If it doesn't work out we release his cap money and Atlanta pays more for Price and he possibly ends up elswhere for even more money. He is the hot commodity in the WR market so if he's released look for the bidding war to begin. In that case, we don't get a 1st rounder but we still sign Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes and we draft for depth. There's nothing wrong with a young DT learning for a couple years under Sam Adams and Pat Williams.

Comment

• BillsNYC
                  Man of the People
                  • Jul 2002

is anybody posting and setting these clowns straight?
                  Thank you.

Comment

• Voltron
                    • Jul 2002

I was too lazy to register at another site
                    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

• Schobel94
                      The Sack Master
                      • Jan 2003

We have all the leverage, especially now that Boston is signed and that the Jets will not give up Coles. We have all the cards, we can afford to keep him an extra year, but the question is can Atlanta live without an impact reciever?
                      Beware the sack master!

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

If no one wants to give a #1 then we can get a #2 from Arizona for Price. They are hurting now that they lost Boston. Of course they are hurting all over with Plummer & Boston gone and Marcel Shipp is their best RB.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                          They do not truly understand our cap situation. No way TD removes the tag
                          100% correct. He will not remove the tag. Also anything less than a 1st rounder and some other goodies and he won't be going to Atlanta via trade. I would rather he remain a Bill than give him away.
                          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

TD maintains that while the Bills would prefer to sign PP for a more cap friendly long term deal, they can afford him as a franchised player and sign the FAs we need. He is going to stand firm and if Atlanta doesn't budge, they will find themselves screwed.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Bulldog
                              Top Dog
                              • Jan 2003

I don't really give a damn what those yahoo's from the south are saying. If Atlanta doesen't give Buffalo what they want for Peerless, then who are they going to sign? Boston-gone. Coles-offer will be matched by the Jets. Draft-won't develop this coming season. This deal makes sense for both teams as long as they give Buffalo what they desire for Peerless. The ball is clearly in their court, and TD woulden't have it any other way.
                              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
                              X