View Full Version : Teams that need a feature RB

GarnOFreak
01-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Anybody else should be on this list?

Cleveland
Green Bay
Houston
Jets

I'm only counting teams that don't have a RB who carries the bulk of the carries who is halfway decent and should be starting. CAR and DEN seem to be able to run with just about anybody, so they don't need to pursue an upgrade as badly as the above teams. These teams are important because they are also going to be looking early for a RB probably.

gr8slayer
01-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Yeah, you forgot Buffalo. We need an RB.

SABURZFAN
01-21-2007, 11:38 AM

and a QB too.

YardRat
01-21-2007, 11:41 AM

What he said.

kernowboy
01-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Not so sure about the Jets - didn't Leon Washington do ok?

There's isn't a great deal in Free Agency. I would say that having missed on Reggie Bush, Houston will be a dead certain .. I think Cleveland depending what they think of Charlie Frye may do so, as Droughns seems to have worn out his welcome. So it depends if either of them rate Lynch. I doubt he'd drop below Green Bay though they are also in for a WR as an alternative.

And I think that maybe Atlanta and the Vikings could look here. Dunn is not getting any younger and is Norwood really considered the answer - Taylor may have signed a decent FA contract but would the Vikings pass up on someone like Lynch.

And Oakland might consider this position if someone fell to the start of R2

I think there might be 3 RBs we could go for in Peterson, Lynch and Bush and in each case we might end up overpaying for them while a better solution could be found in 2008

HHURRICANE
01-21-2007, 12:14 PM

Cleveland
Green Bay
Houston
Jets

I'm only counting teams that don't have a RB who carries the bulk of the carries who is halfway decent and should be starting. CAR and DEN seem to be able to run with just about anybody, so they don't need to pursue an upgrade as badly as the above teams. These teams are important because they are also going to be looking early for a RB probably.

The rumor mill is that the Jets are interested in Willis. I actually believe that this would be a good trade for them. None of the RB's will be there when they pick. If the Bills some how land a RB in the first and get aa extra draft pick that would be a pretty good deal for us as well.

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2007, 12:18 PM
and a QB too.

Don't claim to not bash JP in non-JP threads and then start this crap.

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2007, 12:26 PM
kernowboy, turn on your PM's

kernowboy
01-21-2007, 12:26 PM

Its been reported to the moderators.

I think the key thing about trading him to the Jets is that I would want better trade value that I would to a non divisional rival. I would want at least a R3 here and if they resign him beyond the end of the 2007, something in the 2008 draft as well

kernowboy
01-21-2007, 12:27 PM
kernowboy, turn on your PM's

PM's?

clumping platelets
01-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Denver
NY Giants
Detroit
Oakland

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2007, 12:51 PM
PM's?

Private messages. Look in your settings.

Tatonka
01-21-2007, 12:52 PM
PMs = Private Messages.. under User CP at the top of the screen.

BILLSROCK1212
01-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Denver-dont have a feature back but have RBs that together equal the production of a feature RB
NY Giants-Brandon Jacobs will become one
Detroit-the drafted Brian Calhoun (IR for season) last draft and have Kevin Jones
Oakland-LaMont Jordan is a feature back but how could you expect him to produce when he is playing behind that crappy o-line

HHURRICANE
01-21-2007, 01:06 PM
I think the key thing about trading him to the Jets is that I would want better trade value that I would to a non divisional rival. I would want at least a R3 here and if they resign him beyond the end of the 2007, something in the 2008 draft as well

I actually believe that Willis going to a divisional foe is not that big a deal. If we aren't better with him than why should we be concerned on where he goes. It's like strength of schedule. I'd rather beat the best teams going into the playoffs than be 13-3 not playing anybody and lose in the first round. Jauron experienced that first hand.

I don't think the Jets are going to give more because they are in the division. If we get a second rounder I would take it. I think the Jets have a higher impression of him because of his perfromance against him.

texasphinsfan
01-21-2007, 01:27 PM

Cleveland
Green Bay
Houston
Jets

i would agree with some here and add Oakland to that list. Also i would remove Green Bay.... they just signed Green to an extension, even if he can't stay healthy. The Giants will also be on the lookout.

I doubt Houston will be looking as they have Dominick Davis (eh... excuse me, Dominick Williams) who is a premier back (didn't he go to the pro bowl?), but was just not healthy this year.

Plus, i hate to say it, but Ron Dayne was looking pretty good for them at the end there. Then they have that talented Rookie in Wali Lundy (not a rookie anymore i guess).

anyway, i see the Texans a lot like the Jets with their running back situation.. they have a couple of talented backs on their roster, but they just don't give any ONE back the full load b/c they are RBBC teams.

OpIv37
01-21-2007, 01:27 PM
I actually believe that Willis going to a divisional foe is not that big a deal. If we aren't better with him than why should we be concerned on where he goes. It's like strength of schedule. I'd rather beat the best teams going into the playoffs than be 13-3 not playing anybody and lose in the first round. Jauron experienced that first hand.

I don't think the Jets are going to give more because they are in the division. If we get a second rounder I would take it. I think the Jets have a higher impression of him because of his perfromance against him.

I think Willis going to a division rival is a big deal for one reason only: His performance against the Jets. He's motivated to show up Vilma, so he gives 100% and it shows. It will be the same thing twice a year when he plays us- he'll have motivation so he'll shred us instead of dancing in the backfield.

texasphinsfan
01-21-2007, 01:33 PM
ok question - why would the Bills get rid of Willis? he's a great back!

contract squabbles?

kernowboy
01-21-2007, 02:26 PM
ok question - why would the Bills get rid of Willis? he's a great back!

contract squabbles?

he has a big mouth which he doesn't back with actions
he wants the team to move to Toronto
he is of dubious character especially of the field
he only seems to bring his game to the Jets
he has inflated opinion of himself demanding more money than his performances to date have justified.
he rips his coaches yet fails to accept that his poor performance may have been a reason why he wasn't used more
he has shown not commitment to the city of Buffalo and cannot even be bothered to show commitment to the team by attending voluntary workouts
he wants to play in a big market to massage his over inflated ego so will walk at the end of next season anyway

texasphinsfan
01-21-2007, 02:57 PM
wow.

ok so is he being cut, not re-signed, or what?

SABURZFAN
01-21-2007, 03:32 PM

i never mentioned his name.

kernowboy
01-21-2007, 04:46 PM
i never mentioned his name.

doesn't matter .. the subterfuge is lame and has been reported

TacklingDummy
01-21-2007, 04:59 PM
I think Willis is better than his numbers have shown. It's hard to run when teams are keying to stop the run and to make the passing game beat them. With the safties cheating up it left Evans 1 on 1 with a CB which led to alot of big plays from the passing game.

Willis will be fine.

Even if the Bills wanted to trade him they wouldn't get much more then a 3rd rounder for him.

Yasgur's Farm
01-21-2007, 05:24 PM
I'd live a trade with the Browns... They'd get Willis and our #1... The Bills get Calvin Johnson. :clap:

kernowboy
01-21-2007, 05:26 PM
I think we'll keep him for 2007 in the expectation that Rosenhaus will convince him to perform to get a big FA deal. Marv will agree to a non-tag deal to avoid a hold out

Bling
01-21-2007, 05:27 PM
I'd live a trade with the Browns... They'd get Willis and our #1... The Bills get Calvin Johnson. :clap:

Look who it is. It's the ballless negger!

Yasgur's Farm
01-21-2007, 05:28 PM
I think we'll keep him for 2007 in the expectation that Rosenhaus will convince him to perform to get a big FA deal. Marv will agree to a non-tag deal to avoid a hold outMarv doesn't have to agree to anything... Willis is under contract!

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I think Willis is better than his numbers have shown. It's hard to run when teams are keying to stop the run and to make the passing game beat them. With the safties cheating up it left Evans 1 on 1 with a CB which led to alot of big plays from the passing game.

Willis will be fine.

Even if the Bills wanted to trade him they wouldn't get much more then a 3rd rounder for him.

It is more than his numbers that people have a probelm with. It is his dancing behind the line. It is his ability to be a world beater when playing his old buddy from the 'U' but no other time. It is big mouth. It is Rosenhaus. It is him asking for more money. And on and on.

I am not as down on Willis as others. But he is not a great back. He is not what he was hyped up to be.

Yasgur's Farm
01-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Look who it is. It's the ballless negger!Nice... I teeney bopper phins phan who has nothing better to do than hang with Bills fans and negg.

What's the matter... Your mom's boyfriend won't let you join in tonight?

Bling
01-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Nice... I teeney bopper phins phan who has nothing better to do than hang with Bills fans and negg.

What's the matter... Your mom's boyfriend won't let you join in tonight?

:rofl: It took you 10 minutes to post this gem? I can see it now. I wonder how many times you had to backspace and edit it so you could make it funnier than that lame ****.

Grow up. This board is filled with too many space killing idiots. Grow up or get lost.

texasphinsfan
01-21-2007, 05:42 PM

Willis will be fine.

i bet you could get a 2nd for him.... but it depends on the market really. if the supply-demand curve is out of whack, it may be hard to get that.

all other things being equal, i think he's worth a 2nd.

texasphinsfan
01-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Marv doesn't have to agree to anything... Willis is under contract!
yeah but his agent is Rosenhaus right?

when your agent is Rosenhaus, never assume any contract is iron-clad...

Yasgur's Farm
01-21-2007, 05:51 PM
:rofl: It took you 10 minutes to post this gem? I can see it now. I wonder how many times you had to backspace and edit it so you could make it funnier than that lame ****.

Grow up. This board is filled with too many space killing idiots. Grow up or get lost.Poor kid. Kind of a double whammy. A flipper fan with abandonment issues.

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2007, 06:34 PM
C'mon draz and Bling.

We have had enough problems here today. Use PM's to fight.

Hounds
01-21-2007, 07:46 PM
The Texans would probable guve a 2nd round pick for him.

PECKERWOOD
01-21-2007, 11:24 PM
and a QB too.

Why do you have to act so lugubrious Sabz?

PECKERWOOD
01-21-2007, 11:26 PM

Grow up. This board is filled with too many space killing idiots. Grow up or get lost.

:stfu:

You fall under the space killing idiots category.

jamze132
01-22-2007, 07:48 AM

Willis will be fine.

I have to agree with most of this post. I do think we can do better than McGahee though.

jamze132
01-22-2007, 07:51 AM
What happened to talking about teams that need a RB?

ROFL