Sabres raising ticket prices, does this mean were keeping Briere & Drury? I say YES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Sabres raising ticket prices, does this mean were keeping Briere & Drury? I say YES!

Could this mean were keeping Briere & Drury & maybe Biron

Buffalo Sabres fans are going to pay more for the hottest tickets in town - a moderate increase in season-ticket prices next year and a lot more for playoff tickets this spring.
    The team that is selling out HSBC Arena for all 41 home games this season will raise season-ticket prices an average of 8 percent next year, a lower figure than some observers had speculated. But for the first two rounds of this year's playoffs, season-ticket holders will pay an average of about one-third more than their season-ticket rate.

Sabres officials also have added an incentive for season-ticket holders renewing early - charging them this year's season-ticket rate for the first round of the playoffs.

In unveiling the plan, Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn and other top Sabres officials also revealed that:

• They don't expect individual playoff tickets to be available to the general public.

• The team likely will come close to breaking even for the regular season. An extended playoff run could lead to a decent operating profit.

The moderate season-ticket increase for next season doesn't mean the Sabres plan to dismantle the nucleus of the team. Instead, the player payroll is expected to rise for next season.

The biggest surprise in the new plan may be that season-ticket prices will increase an average of 7.8 percent next season, with almost all the price-level increases under 10 percent.

Each 100 Level Preferred seat, for example, will cost $53 per game, compared with $49 this season. A 300 Level II seat will increase to $23 from $21.

With a totally sold-out building for the season, some outsiders expected a bigger increase.

"If we increased season-ticket prices by 20 percent, I think we still would sell out for next season," Sabres owner B. Thomas Golisano said. "But I think we would be breaking a covenant we made with our fans, and we're not going to do that."

Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 01-21-2007, 01:18 PM.
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: Sabres raising ticket prices, does this mean were keeping Briere & Drury? I say YES!

What if they don't make the playoffs this year? According to Nighthawk it is going to be impossible.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Re: Sabres raising ticket prices, does this mean were keeping Briere & Drury? I say YES!

What does raising ticket prices have to do with signing Briere or Drury?

They could charge a million dollars per seat, the cap is still the cap.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

WOOHOOO! t's mopre expensive to see the Sabres!!!

yesss!!!!!

Comment

• Crisis
          • Aug 2004

Re: Sabres raising ticket prices, does this mean were keeping Briere & Drury? I say Y

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          What does raising ticket prices have to do with signing Briere or Drury?

They could charge a million dollars per seat, the cap is still the cap.
          Isn't the cap going up next year by a significant amount?

More income from raising prices = more money for a higher payroll.
          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          Vanek is Austrian not European
          Originally posted by Prov401
          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
          Originally posted by better days
          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

I don't know all the numbers behind the cap and the changes for next year and what not... but I think it'd have to be up a ton and we'd need a lot more cash to keep both those two. Both will be able to command pretty hefty salaries after this season and it'll make it extremely difficult for us to keep both.

The price increase isn't unexpected after selling out the season this year, but that major hike in playoff tickets and the lack of availability for the general public will certainly piss some people off.

I'm hoping they play Carolina in the postseason again so I can see them a few more times. Lord knows the building down here doesn't ever sell out now that they aren't on top of the league.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Re: Sabres raising ticket prices, does this mean were keeping Briere & Drury? I say Y

Originally posted by Crisis
              Isn't the cap going up next year by a significant amount?

More income from raising prices = more money for a higher payroll.

The Sabres income has not been the limiting factor in re-signing players last season , this season, next season.

The room under the cap has. If the cap goes up and we keep Drury and Briere, great. Raising ticket prices for us to sign those two are not related

Comment

• SkateZilla
                • Dec 2002

umm, these were where the prices were at before Golisano...

The First Thing he did when he bought the sabres was drop the prices significantly.... and his reason was "to bring back fans", well their back.. and he needs the $$$ to pay his players so.. smart business move...
                Skate Zilla
                -----------------------
                Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

All being said- these tickets are still cheaper than some of the other arenas I've been in- they are a bargain to what the Bruins charge

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

All being said- these tickets are still cheaper than some of the other arenas I've been in- they are a bargain to what the Bruins charge
                    while that's perfectly true, it's rather a bad comparison. The cost of living (and subsequently wages) is lower in Buffalo than in Boston. So yeah, it costs less in Buffalo...because people can afford less
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                      while that's perfectly true, it's rather a bad comparison. The cost of living (and subsequently wages) is lower in Buffalo than in Boston. So yeah, it costs less in Buffalo...because people can afford less
                      I don't think it cost twice as much to live in Boston as it does Buffalo using your whacky math charts, Phil

Double the Sabres ticket price and that's what it cost to go to a Bruins game.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Jan 2004

The Sabres' payroll jumped from about $29 million to $41 million this season, leading many observers to question whether the team can afford co-captains Chris Drury and Daniel Briere next season.

"Our intent is to keep both," Quinn said. "Obviously, the players have a lot to say about that, but we're not approaching it that we're going to throw one of them to the curb . . . I think they want to remain a part of this, and we want to keep them."

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

What sucks in this story is likely no playoff tickets for the public
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

WOOHOOO! t's mopre expensive to see the Sabres!!!

yesss!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                              What sucks in this story is likely no playoff tickets for the public
                              EXACTLY!

Comment

Working...
                              X