Ill tell ya a few guys who are likely Bills from FA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Ill tell ya a few guys who are likely Bills from FA!

Everyone remember Levy was covering the Bears before he came back to us.

I think Fletcher leaves and we are very likely to go after Briggs, also drafted by Jauron. I fully expect him to be a Bill next year. Levy has commented that Briggs is a star in this league while covering the Bears. We may go after June instead of if we dont land Briggs as our first attempt due to June playing in the Tampa 2 scheme. I seriously think Briggs will be a Bill.

The other name to watch is Ruben Brown. I could easily see Levy talking with him, Ruben wont command big money and may want to finish his career where he started. Hes still a great lead blocker and has actually done well to kill the number of penalties. We all know Rubens legacy here. Hes a FA, he can still play, he has ties to us, and he wont be big money. Is there anyone who is MORE likely to be a Bill?

• HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Ill tell ya a few guys who are likely Bills from FA!

Briggs would be a great addition. Period.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I hadn't thought of the Brown scenario in that way before...pretty interesting.

I think Rueben would have to be convinced the team has a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl before considering it, though.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

along with Boss Bailey, Kevin Curtis, Shaun O'Hara among others who have ties to the orginization

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
          I hadn't thought of the Brown scenario in that way before...pretty interesting.

I think Rueben would have to be convinced the team has a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl before considering it, though.
          You dont think a second tier contract which will be competitive, ending his career where it all began, and rejoining Marv on an up and coming team would do it?

Ruben wanted to win here, I think he comes back.

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

**** Ruben.

I'd love to have Briggs but the Bears will most likely re-sign him. It's been noted that Urlacher would take a paycut to keep Briggs.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Rueben's been too good for Chicago in the playoffs- I don't see them letting him get away.

And there's no way we shell out for Briggs.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

I have mentioned Brown to people before.

It makes sense. It would be a fairly cheap alternative at guard. Brown loves Marv too and he is a character guy and a leader like the team and line need.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

A character guy who walked out on his team?

D & S Sports

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Brown is still a force in the run game. He pancaked several NO LB on trap plays yesterday. For a team running a power run game, like the Bears, he is a great fit.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Forget about Briggs.

His contract is going to cost significantly more than we paid for Spikes in 2003. With Wilson, you can forget about that.

And although we may have some "Chicago" ties-- there's about 30 other teams in the league that would like to make a play for this guy.

I'd love to be wrong on this one, Briggs would be a sick addition to this team, but I really dont think its going to happen.

We speculated like this last year.. IN reality, we should all start studying up on a bunch of the more unknown FA's

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        With Wilson, you can forget about that.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                          • Sep 2003

The only reason I feel Ralph will pay is MARV! He will trust Marv and his judgement! And before everyone kills me on "Marv was here last year" Remember;

(1) That was his first year as GM (hired 5 January)
                          (2) He had 2 months to assemble a coaching staff (Jauron Hired 23 January)
                          (3) Offensive Coor Hired 25 January
                          (4) Defensive Coor Hired 31 January

So in Marv's first month he assembled a staff. Now you have to evaluate what you currently have, to think you would go out and buy every FA out there is suspect and not what a wis eGM would do.

With all that said the team played 16 games you know what you have what improved and what you need to get to the next level. I believe that most FA money will be spent on Defense and I do expect a FA LB, CB, DE and I expect to draft a DT, MLB, RB, OG, CB, OLB

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            Sab and TD are insignificant
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                            A character guy who walked out on his team?
                            I think that that was more the coach than the team...

since we didn't really have a team at that time anyways.

Gregg Williams was a joke - almost as much as Mularkey was...
                            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                              The only reason I feel Ralph will pay is MARV! He will trust Marv and his judgement! And before everyone kills me on "Marv was here last year" Remember;

(1) That was his first year as GM (hired 5 January)
                              (2) He had 2 months to assemble a coaching staff (Jauron Hired 23 January)
                              (3) Offensive Coor Hired 25 January
                              (4) Defensive Coor Hired 31 January

So in Marv's first month he assembled a staff. Now you have to evaluate what you currently have, to think you would go out and buy every FA out there is suspect and not what a wis eGM would do.

With all that said the team played 16 games you know what you have what improved and what you need to get to the next level. I believe that most FA money will be spent on Defense and I do expect a FA LB, CB, DE and I expect to draft a DT, MLB, RB, OG, CB, OLB
                              I agree with what your saying but I feel that Marv and Co. Were more focused on a 2 year FA plan than a 1 year FA plan last offseason. They new that they should save the cap space and sign only guys they felt would be role players last March in anticipation of spending it this year. Everyone has cap space now, but the Bills have way more. We need 2 DL (DE, DT) , one LB (inside or outside), a CB and an OL. I say you get your linemen and a CB in FA. Ex. Ian Scott or Tank Johnson(restricted) but we can outbid, I also wouldnt mind Ricky Manning Jr as a replacement for Nate. He's a playmaker and has been in the system with the Bears for a year now. Also for the DL we could target any one of these DEs
                              1. Dwight Freeney Indianapolis
                              2. Justin Smith Cincinnati
                              3. Charles Grant New Orleans
                              4. Patrick Kerney Atlanta
                              5. Leonard Little St. Louis (Bill Kolar worked with little in St-Louis, its possible)

so to sum up: DE, DT, CB and G in FA. RB/LB, G, WR, TE in Draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X