PDA

View Full Version : The is one thing guaranteed!

LtBillsFan66
01-21-2007, 09:44 PM
An African-American will coach the next super bowl champ!

I heard it about 20 times already...

Bufftp
01-21-2007, 09:48 PM
I think it is great!

Mr. Cynical
01-21-2007, 09:50 PM
I'd rather the focus be on them as good coaches without bringing race into it.

BAM
01-21-2007, 10:05 PM
First two ever?

YardRat
01-21-2007, 10:07 PM
That's a good thing...It would be nice to someday get to the point where color isn't an issue, or a story.

BAM
01-21-2007, 10:09 PM
I said the same thing when they said about it in the first game. Who the F cares?? I thought we were past the 40's-60's.

imbondz
01-21-2007, 10:09 PM

well, it's not an absolute guarantee. it's possible that one suddenly dies in the next two weeks, and the assistant coach wins the SB. But I doubt it.

I think it's great!

Bmax
01-21-2007, 11:01 PM
I said the same thing when they said about it in the first game. Who the F cares?? I thought we were past the 40's-60's.

Barrack for president ....Lovie for VP .....I think this ticket would win in Illnois...

Unfortunately it's still a Major factor....Just look at Major College Football.. Over 130 schools and less than 10 coaches... College basketball and The NBA no issue ... Until the numbers increase you will hear this .

Just like you will hear about Hillary,Obama and Bill Richardson the dem canidates for president. Until they win or one of them wins ...you will hear she is the first women or the first african american -(although he is biracial) or the first hispanic..

We still have miles to go before we sleep in this country.. The story should be Two quality coaches and men will be leading their teams in the Super Bowl.....

I long for the following Headline Two IVY LEAGUERS CELEBRATE SUPER BOWL WIN

Or Grumpy old men celebrate super bowl win......

Bmax

LtFinFan66
01-21-2007, 11:49 PM

I heard it about 20 times already...and we will hear it 20,000 times over the next 2 weeks

Night Train
01-22-2007, 02:31 AM

Jimmy The Greek Jr. just shot himself.

RedEyE
01-22-2007, 02:38 AM
The media whores itself out on stories like this. Honestly, is this a step forward for black people everywhere? Hardly. It's just a football game. You'd of thought Obama just won the Presidential election. Now that would be a step forward in history for the balck community. Maybe a step backward for the United States though (as I don't believe in his political agenda).

jamze132
01-22-2007, 06:09 AM
I am already sick and tired of the issue. It's a freaking game! No one's life is in either one of the coach's hands.

Kerr
01-22-2007, 06:48 AM
It's cool that they've made history being the first two "brothers" to make the big one, but how many more times do they have to repeat the same thing? It's gone from a historical issue to a racial issue. Talk about pushing the envelope.

mybills
01-22-2007, 06:59 AM
I wish they would make a big deal about this AFTER the S.B.

Give all of the recognition and honors for making history, after we watch all of the black, white, hawaiin, whatever players on both teams play.

Then donate $ to the black college fund, or are they still calling it the negro college fund? Anyway, it would help out future football players. :up:

jamze132
01-22-2007, 07:02 AM
While one of them will be the first black guy to win the Super Bowl, the other will be known as the fist black guy to ever blow it and lose the Super Bowl. Ouch.

jmb1099
01-22-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm glad both lovie Smith and Tony Dungy managed to pull this off. Judging by their responses they both seem to be pretty level headed about it. The media will turn it into the focal point of the and actually end up causing racial tension. Do a story on it because it is a first and then let it go, but they won't. They'll do the same thing to dungy and smith that they did with Bruschi's recovery. "That was the best draw play I've ever seen Bob"
"That's the best defensive scheme I've ever seen"
"Did you know this is the first time in history..."
Yeah...they will ruin it