PDA

View Full Version : Belichick is a sore loser

Mr. Cynical
01-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Did you see his post game interview with Solomon Wolcott?

:cry:

I used to respect him as a coach but that was really bad form. He showed a lack of respect for the league by wearing that smelly sweatshirt, and now this.

:lolpoint: Smelly Belly

kinigirly
01-21-2007, 09:49 PM
did you see him brush by peyton manning when manning tried to talk to him. peyton had to settle for patting him on the belly as belichick ran away

Mr. Cynical
01-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Seriously, that was really bad form. He's a smug SOB and I hope this is the beginning of the end for him.

BAM
Ding dong the witch is dead! :dance:

DynaPaul
I've been saying this for a long time that they are sore losers, both Belichick and Brady. People will start to catch on when they see them lose more next year. This team is so over.

Mr. Cynical
01-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Class won out today, pure and simple. Some people may not like Dungy or Peyton but they are all class.

BILLSROCK1212
01-21-2007, 09:54 PM
I've been saying this for a long time that they are sore losers, both Belichick and Brady. People will start to catch on when they see them lose more next year. This team is so over.don't be so sure about that....it all depends on their defense and if they can add some more key players to the secondary which other tha Asante Samuel pretty much lost them the game and he is a FA next year so we will just have to wait and see

BlackMetalNinja
01-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Personally I feel really, really bad for the guy... I mean, he can't even afford a whole sweatshirt, and now he's gotta go sit at home for the next 7 months. It's a real heart-breaking story I tell ya...

:haha: :lmao: :loser:

BAM
01-21-2007, 09:56 PM
I can't wait to see his press conference.

dolphan117
01-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Man this is so sweet.

Hounds
01-21-2007, 09:58 PM
no patriots are dancing on the other teams logo this week

texasphinsfan
01-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Man this is so sweet.
x2

what a great victory for the Colts. I can't stand Brady's incessant whining.... glad to see he'll be doing the whining from HOME for the next 7 months.

Elminster
01-21-2007, 10:52 PM
x2

what a great victory for the Colts. I can't stand Brady's incessant whining.... glad to see he'll be doing the whining from HOME for the next 7 months.
Yeah, Brady is a big baby. Probably crying his eyes out as we type...

ublinkwescore
01-21-2007, 10:55 PM
I've been saying this for a long time that they are sore losers, both Belichick and Brady. People will start to catch on when they see them lose more next year. This team is so over.

Do you have any idea how desperately I wanna believe that - better yet, even see it?

I won't write them off until I see it happen with my own eyes.

ublinkwescore
01-21-2007, 10:58 PM
don't be so sure about that....it all depends on their defense and if they can add some more key players to the secondary which other tha Asante Samuel pretty much lost them the game and he is a FA next year so we will just have to wait and see

Asante Samuel is gonna make Nate Clements a hell of a lot cheaper I think.

Unfortunately, the stupid Seahawks overpaid for Branch, and that's gonna help the pats out a lot having two first round draft picks.

CuseJetsFan83
01-22-2007, 12:02 AM
well bill may be a great coach (as much as people would hate to admit it) he is completely classless...... and im glad this game nipped him in the proverbial butt.

whatever did happen to that trial for adultery he was involved in?

CuseJetsFan83
01-22-2007, 12:04 AM
oh secondly............. if they were to have a coaches dress code..... or something like the players have to follow pre/post game............. think he would try the badass routine, or would he follow?

SABuffalo786
01-22-2007, 12:31 AM
and im glad this game nipped him in the proverbial butt.

[Figure of Speech police]Nip it in the BUD [/Figure of speech police]

Death to Boston!

jamze132
01-22-2007, 06:17 AM
Come on guys, the Patsies aren't used to losing so they don't know how to react.

It's no secret that Belichick probably has the highest ego af any coach in the league.

Brady is a crybaby.

mybills
01-22-2007, 06:51 AM
At least Peyton got a hug from Greasy..I mean, Bruschi. :bf1:

I recorded the game while watching another channel. Now I can watch it with complete enjoyment. :snicker:

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Seems to me the Pats showed their respect:

Belichick:

"It was a very tough football game against a good team. You've got to give the Colts credit. They made more plays than we did and they deserved to win. It was about as competitive a game as you can get. They just made a couple more plays than we did."

Peyton Manning:

"I really appreciated it, Tedy Bruschi came up, Kevin Faulk, and Tom [Brady] just wished me luck. I just apprecoated the class those guys demonstrated. They've beaten us and today we beat them."

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2007, 07:49 AM
I don't consider Brady a whiner or poor loser. He usually acts pretty classy.

eyedog
01-22-2007, 07:57 AM
It's a little tougher to win when you don't get every call, just most of them.

mybills
01-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Actions speak louder than words, NE39. Bill Write-a-check didn't even bother to pat Peyton on the shoulder or shake his hand or anything.

OpIv37
01-22-2007, 08:23 AM

WWWAAAHHHH Where's my free Cadillac?
WWWAAAAHHHH I'm gonna sue cuz they used my picture 3 days longer than they were supposed to.
WWWAAAAHHH We almost didn't win because I didn't have my butt buddy Deion Branch.

I don't know if he's a sore loser or not, but he's definitely a whiner.

don137
01-22-2007, 08:23 AM

I agree...I think he whines a little too much during a game to the officials but he is a classy guy and will give credit where it is due...
Bellichick and there fans, except for NE39, are about as classless as they come. Sure Bellichick said the right things on the podium after he got composed but his first instinct after the game was that he was a bitter sore loser and it showed with the way he brushed off Peyton Manning.Like LT said, they are classless and it probably starts with there coach.

Jeff1220
01-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Actions speak louder than words, NE39. Bill Write-a-check didn't even bother to pat Peyton on the shoulder or shake his hand or anything.

I called my wife in and put the tivo on rewind to show that to her. BB totally gave Manning the cold shoulder. He is a sore loser and an a-hole. Case closed!

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Like LT said, they are classless and it probably starts with there coach.

I disagree. It will be interesting to see what happens at the Pro Bowl when Belichick coaches LT.

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2007, 08:33 AM
well bill may be a great coach (as much as people would hate to admit it) he is completely classless...... and im glad this game nipped him in the proverbial butt.

whatever did happen to that trial for adultery he was involved in?

x2

Man this is so sweet.
This is the one occasion where Bills fans, Phish fans, and Jets fans unite. Sweet. :hi5:

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 08:34 AM
This is the one occasion where Bills fans, Phish fans, and Jets fans unite. Sweet. :hi5:

Misery loves company.

jmb1099
01-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Misery loves company.
The Pats will be competitive for years to come and they had a great season so even though I have hatred for a divisional rival, I am man enough to admit that NE was a hair away from going to the bowl again. That being said, BB's behavior towards Manning last night was repulsive. The whole world saw it and yest BB was emotional after the loss, but be professional and model that for your players.

Brady and Bruschi at least gave props so in that instance I have no complaints.

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 09:21 AM
What a load of crap. You guys all just hate him because he has spent the last several years beating the tar out of the Bills.

For crying out loud, if he were to get any closer to Dungy after the game last night he would have to slip him the tongue:

http://i.today.reuters.com/Pictures/galleries/newspictures/2007-01-22T041611Z_01_IND408_RTRIDSP_2_NFL.jpg

What do you want from the guy? He congratulated the Colts and said they deserved to win. Time to move on.

OpIv37
01-22-2007, 09:24 AM
For crying out loud, if he were to get any closer to Dungy after the game last night he would have to slip him the tongue:

so, he's not a sore loser, but he's gay and has the jungle fever? We'll take it!

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2007, 09:27 AM
NE39, at least for me is how he acts right after a game. Ignoring Mangini. Brushing by Manning. He has done that sort of stuff before.

Mind you, I would do backflips if the Bills hired him.

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 09:27 AM
so, he's not a sore loser, but he's gay and has the jungle fever? We'll take it!

Now, that is funny and clever. I don't mind that.

imbondz
01-22-2007, 09:28 AM

:rofl: !!!

we'll take it!!

Marino13Phins
01-22-2007, 09:33 AM
What a load of crap. You guys all just hate him because he has spent the last several years beating the tar out of the Bills.

http://i.today.reuters.com/Pictures/galleries/newspictures/2007-01-22T041611Z_01_IND408_RTRIDSP_2_NFL.jpg

What do you want from the guy? He congratulated the Colts and said they deserved to win. Time to move on.

He still gave Manning the cold shoulder completely. Not to mention how he acts after almost every loss. Throwing a camera man at the end of the jets game. He is a sore loser.

R. Rich
01-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Did you see his post game interview with Solomon Wolcott?

:cry:

I used to respect him as a coach but that was really bad form. He showed a lack of respect for the league by wearing that smelly sweatshirt, and now this.

:lolpoint: Smelly Belly

I didn't think the interview was that bad. Now, dissing Manning after the game was pretty messed up, but the interview wasn't too whiny.

Mr. Cynical
01-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Seems to me the Pats showed their respect:

Belichick:

"It was a very tough football game against a good team. You've got to give the Colts credit. They made more plays than we did and they deserved to win. It was about as competitive a game as you can get. They just made a couple more plays than we did."

That was AFTER he had time to have some milk and cookies in the locker room.

Sorry, but his initial interview w/ Solomon was whiny and had all the markings of a sore loser. Even the guys in the studio (Esaison, Marino, etc.) were all like "wtf was that?"

Mr. Cynical
01-22-2007, 03:57 PM
NE39, at least for me is how he acts right after a game. Ignoring Mangini. Brushing by Manning. He has done that sort of stuff before.

Bingo. He's not stupid -obviously he is going to say the politically correct things when he's gotten composed for the later interviews - but when the clock reads 00:00 and he's on the losing end, he's a sore loser.

Waa, waa.

No more 4 in 6 talk anymore. They can kiss the Steeler dynasty comparison bye-bye, and deservedly so.

Edit: I just remembered that each one of their SB wins were by 3 pts. No wonder the Colts were so adamant on getting him.

DynaPaul
01-22-2007, 04:18 PM

I actually started hating him when he flubbed up the Cleveland Browns years ago. That organization absolutely hates him. When he coached there he began showing his social ******ation and had an order in place for people not to say hi to him in the halls and whatnot like Saban did down in Miami. (I guess that's where Saban learned it from.)

Sure, at the press conference he "paid his dues" but his actions after the whistle showed how he really felt. And don't even get me started on the Mangini affair. The guy is just an a-hole.

mikemac2001
01-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Every coach walks up to other coach after the game they always film that, dont really think that shows his class.

Goobylal
01-22-2007, 05:18 PM
A rumor I've herad is that Belichick is PISSED at Bob Kraft for not allowing him to spend to the cap this year so he could keep guys like Branch, McGinest, and Vinatieri. So much so he could leave the Pats. Apparently he was asked if he'd be in NE next year and he said "I'm here now."

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 07:20 PM
A rumor I've herad is that Belichick is PISSED at Bob Kraft for not allowing him to spend to the cap this year so he could keep guys like Branch, McGinest, and Vinatieri. So much so he could leave the Pats. Apparently he was asked if he'd be in NE next year and he said "I'm here now."

Belichick will not talk about his contract, never has. He won't even say when he is under contract until. That invites a lot of speculation, but there is no proof he is unhappy in NE or that he is going anywhere. In fact, the facts point more towards his being here for the long haul.

However, your theory does not hold water, since the Pats will use every dollar of cap room this year. They used some of their space on to sign Dan Koppen and give Troy Brown a raise (paying him an additional $50K in SB and $350K in salary).

With the rest, they used LTBE incentives that will not be earned to roll their unused cap space in 2006 into 2007. It is a common trick used by teams to roll their cap space forward. The new CBA states:

"Any new or altered incentive bonuses renegotiated in a preexisting contract after the start of the regular season in which they may be earned automatically will be deemed 'likely to be earned' during that season."

The Pats used this to add $1.9M in incentives in Dan Koppen's contract and $2.9M in incentives to Antwaan Spann's contract for 2006. Because those were done in-season, they became LTBE even though they will not be earned. Because of this, the Pats will receive a credit on their 2007 cap for those amounts, thus carrying the cap space forward.

BTW, that information is from AdamJT13, who is an impeccable source. Ask Clump, he will confirm the guys legitimacy.

Goobylal
01-22-2007, 09:31 PM
I go by Miguel (and so does Clump) and he stated that the Pats were under the cap by $3.4M. Now say you keep $1M for injuries, that leaves $2.4 that they could have used to keep Branch.

Mr. Cynical
01-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Regardless of cap space, he's still a sore loser. :D

hammerbillsfan
01-22-2007, 10:57 PM
he's a smelly loser too

Ickybaluky
01-23-2007, 04:57 AM
I go by Miguel (and so does Clump) and he stated that the Pats were under the cap by $3.4M. Now say you keep $1M for injuries, that leaves $2.4 that they could have used to keep Branch.

The reason they didn't keep Branch was because they didn't think he was worth what he wanted to be paid (6 Yrs/$39M, $13M SB). In the end, they flipped him for the #24 overall pick, so it looks like they did pretty well in the deal.

You can't really make the argument Branch would have made a difference, either. Branch caught 8-96-0 in 2 playoff games. Jabar Gaffney caught 21-244-2; Reche Caldwell caught 16-176-1; Troy Brown caught 9-97-0, all in 3 games. They scored 34 points in the game they lost, the problem was giving up 38. It wasn't Deion.

Since you go by Miguel, you should check this link (http://www.patscap.com/capfootnotes.html#spann) and see he uses AdamJT13 as a source (as does Clump), and shows the LTBE numbers on his site. In the end the accounting for incentives carries over the cap room to the next year, so it will show on Miguel's 2007 page.

texasphinsfan
01-23-2007, 10:53 AM
The reason they didn't keep Branch was because they didn't think he was worth what he wanted to be paid (6 Yrs/$39M, $13M SB). In the end, they flipped him for the #24 overall pick, so it looks like they did pretty well in the deal.

You can't really make the argument Branch would have made a difference, either. Branch caught 8-96-0 in 2 playoff games. Jabar Gaffney caught 21-244-2; Reche Caldwell caught 16-176-1; Troy Brown caught 9-97-0, all in 3 games. They scored 34 points in the game they lost, the problem was giving up 38. It wasn't Deion.

Since you go by Miguel, you should check this link (http://www.patscap.com/capfootnotes.html#spann) and see he uses AdamJT13 as a source (as does Clump), and shows the LTBE numbers on his site. In the end the accounting for incentives carries over the cap room to the next year, so it will show on Miguel's 2007 page.

good post.

i always thought Branch was overrated. He was the best WR on a team that had mediocre WRs.

Caldwell and Gaffney BOTH out-performed Branch in the playoffs this year (compared to Branch's previous years with them).

Caldwell and Gaffney were cast-aways off other teams as well... Gaffney was cut from the TEXANS for cryin out loud. Branch was asking for too much, and i think Seattle overpaid. Once Branch got to Seattle, he caught the "seattle virus" and started dropping passes just like every other seahawk.

Michael82
01-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Regardless of cap space, he's still a sore loser. :D
EXACTLY! :up:

Kerr
01-24-2007, 08:07 PM
http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/01/23/belichick-shows-his-lack-of-experience-with-being-a-gracious-los/

PECKERWOOD
01-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Belichick will not talk about his contract, never has. He won't even say when he is under contract until. That invites a lot of speculation, but there is no proof he is unhappy in NE or that he is going anywhere. In fact, the facts point more towards his being here for the long haul.

However, your theory does not hold water, since the Pats will use every dollar of cap room this year. They used some of their space on to sign Dan Koppen and give Troy Brown a raise (paying him an additional $50K in SB and $350K in salary).

With the rest, they used LTBE incentives that will not be earned to roll their unused cap space in 2006 into 2007. It is a common trick used by teams to roll their cap space forward. The new CBA states:

"Any new or altered incentive bonuses renegotiated in a preexisting contract after the start of the regular season in which they may be earned automatically will be deemed 'likely to be earned' during that season."

The Pats used this to add $1.9M in incentives in Dan Koppen's contract and $2.9M in incentives to Antwaan Spann's contract for 2006. Because those were done in-season, they became LTBE even though they will not be earned. Because of this, the Pats will receive a credit on their 2007 cap for those amounts, thus carrying the cap space forward.

BTW, that information is from AdamJT13, who is an impeccable source. Ask Clump, he will confirm the guys legitimacy.

Spoken like a true lawyer. What NE39 said is correct, I've already heard this before.