• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Remember this from May?

Center & Left Tackle
    "We'll spend a week or two with Jonas at center then we're going to move Trey Teague in at center and let him do a little bit, and move Jonas to left tackle."

The team hopes to have a tentative starting five in place by the time June is up so the group can get some cohesion.

"There is nothing more important in terms of a group playing together than the offensive line," said Gilbride. "The sooner we can do that so that they can grow individually and we can grow as a group, the better off we'll be."

The hope is to have either Marcus Sullivan or Teague as the left tackle, Ruben Brown as the left guard, Jennings as the center, Jerry Ostroski as the right guard and first round draft pick Mike Williams as the right tackle.

Jennings is the leading candidate for center because of his potential.

"He can be one of the premier centers in the league if that's the position we can afford to put him at," said Gilbride. "I just don't know when it's all said and done that we can leave him at center."

In his rookie year last year, Jennings impressed the staff with his explosiveness and his quickness. He gets a tremendous burst off the ball to meet defenders head-on and shows the leg drive to get movement in-line for the running game.

Late last season he helped the Bills put up 398 total offensive yards at Atlanta and 368 total offensive yards in a 14-9 win over the New York Jets.

Jennings admits he doesn't feel as comfortable at center as he does at tackle but he is willing to start all over again and train for a different position, knowing it may be the best scenario for the team.

"Wherever they say you line up you line up," said Jennings. "Like coach said, you want to get the best five guys on the field."

Right tackle

Gilbride said the Bills haven't ruled out anything but that first round draft pick Mike Williams will be probably be at right tackle where he played at the University of Texas.

"That seems to fit him best, in terms of not only his physical skills but also where he played, his experience and as your trying to make the transition or the jump, from playing collegiate football to the things your going to be exposed to here, at this level, that will probably give him the best chance to be the kind of football player that we'd like to think he could be, this year," said Gilbride

Tight Ends

The Bills are hoping to use tight ends Jay Riemersma and Dave Moore in similar capacity so that defenses can't pinpoint the type of play the Bills offense is planning to run.

"We're going to take that approach right now and hopefully it will stay that way but both of our guys can do both things," said Gilbride.

Running Back

Second year back Travis Henry, who missed the last three games with a knee injury and still led the Bills in rushing with 729 yards, worked with the first offense, catching a pair of well thrown balls from Drew Bledsoe out of the backfield.

?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

nope, lol
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

Notice:

No mention of Conaty. Maybe he is a cut this year?

Looks like Ostrowski coming up lame started the house of cards caving in, moving Sullivan to Guard, Teague to center and Jennings to LT.

I bet if TT knew he was playing center here, he wouldn't have signed here.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

I don't see Conaty going anywhere and it's Ostroski.....Ostrowski played for the 49ers.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
        X