PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Dillon to Retire...

MikeInRoch
01-21-2007, 11:31 PM
WEEI in Boston just reported that Dillon just announced his retirement.

CuseJetsFan83
01-21-2007, 11:34 PM
muahahaha, the evil empire is finally dissolving!

LtFinFan66
01-21-2007, 11:35 PM
If this is true.....let the end of the Pats reign begin!!!! Then again, they have his replacement there already :mad:

MTBillsFan
01-21-2007, 11:47 PM
Once he forced a trade out of Cincy I could have cared less for him!

CuseJetsFan83
01-21-2007, 11:59 PM
yeah they may have maroney, but its the beginning of the end.... or so i can only hope!

feelthepain
01-22-2007, 12:18 AM
They got two first round picks, they'll be stronger then ever next year.

CuseJetsFan83
01-22-2007, 12:19 AM
first round picks don't mean anything........ they could end up being busts.

although chances are they will get good players, if they dont use that as trade bait.

anywho, i really do see the patriots going thru a few years of rebuilding

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 04:30 AM
The Pats are in great shape next year. This year was a tough year for them, considering all they had to overcome, and in the end they over-achieved.

The AFC East will be better next year, but so will the Patriots.

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 04:31 AM
first round picks don't mean anything........ they could end up being busts.

although chances are they will get good players, if they dont use that as trade bait.

anywho, i really do see the patriots going thru a few years of rebuilding

How do you see them rebuilding? They are in way better shape this year.

CuseJetsFan83
01-22-2007, 04:55 AM
How do you see them rebuilding? They are in way better shape this year.

age in the defense finally will catch up to them..... and if assante samuel ends up leaving there is another hole to plug up..... plus this is now what the 2nd year in a row harrison was injured, making him pretty non-existent?

it may not be a rebuild as in starting from scratch.... but their armor is horribly chinked, and in that sense they will be rebuilding/reloading....

as far as the comment about the AFC east becoming stronger, i definitely see that.... the cam cameron hiring is what intrigues me the most.....

SquishDaFish
01-22-2007, 05:21 AM
Rumors out here are that GOD Teddy Bruschi might be retiring too.

YardRat
01-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Every year for the past few has been the year the Pats dynasty 'falls apart', or they're rebuilding, or won't win the division....And every year it doesn't happen.

I'll believe it when I see it.

jamze132
01-22-2007, 06:03 AM
I don't think the Pats will have a hard time replacing any of thier FAs or retirees. They always seem to find a way to get right.

Kerr
01-22-2007, 06:35 AM
The only reason he wanted to get traded to NE was so he could get a ring. He got his already so he can retire happy.

Tatonka
01-22-2007, 06:52 AM
They got two first round picks, they'll be stronger then ever next year.

cuz this years two first round picks really came up huge when it counted.

The King
01-22-2007, 07:00 AM
We need to stop rooting for the Pats to fall apart and start worrying about building a team to beat them!

kernowboy
01-22-2007, 07:03 AM
If they decided to move up, should Buffalo accept their two No1s for ours in a trade?

BuffaloBillsStampede
01-22-2007, 07:06 AM
yep

kernowboy
01-22-2007, 07:30 AM
I thought that too .. we could get a top LB as a definite, maybe a OL like Levi Brown who could slot in a RG or a CB and in the 2nd and 3rd we could have a look for a DT and also a OL/CB, whichever position we didn't snap up earlier.

Won't happen of course :)

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 07:31 AM
age in the defense finally will catch up to them..... and if assante samuel ends up leaving there is another hole to plug up..... plus this is now what the 2nd year in a row harrison was injured, making him pretty non-existent?

it may not be a rebuild as in starting from scratch.... but their armor is horribly chinked, and in that sense they will be rebuilding/reloading....

as far as the comment about the AFC east becoming stronger, i definitely see that.... the cam cameron hiring is what intrigues me the most.....

Look at the strength of the team. They still have Belichick and Brady. They return their entire offensive and defensive lines intact, from top to bottom, both of which are young and good.

As long as that is in place, they will be right there competing. They need an outside threat and more speed in the back of their defense, but you can get that a lot easier than what they have. They have the assets to get what they need. They should be better next season.

X-Era
01-22-2007, 07:34 AM
muahahaha, the evil empire is finally dissolving!

Not that much of a loss, Maroney is a beast!

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2007, 07:44 AM
They still have Brady and Behlicheck. They will be good for years I am sure.

Talk0fNewYork
01-22-2007, 08:30 AM
It's the patriots, none of thier players will be a bust!