• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Senior Bowl Week - Practices On NFL Network Starting Monday 1-22

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

You want to scout most of the top seniors, here's your chance. Practice coverage all week, with recap shows in the evening.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Night Train
    • Jul 2005

Re: Senior Bowl Week - Practices On NFL Network Starting Monday 1-22

Watched todays 1st practice. Fairly bland.

They did show some game film on DT Okoye of Louisville. Pretty impressive. Seems to have good technique and quickness for such a young guy. Very strong and pushed the pocket consistently. Also showed him quickly recognizing a screen pass, closing in to make a remarkable tackle. I'm not saying the Bills SHOULD pick him but he's a 1st round talent.

WR Jason Hill of Washington St. looked the part of a solid #2 WR. I'm guessing he's a mid round prospect. Looked real good running precise patterns and showed sure hands and technique. 6-1 210, so he has ideal size.

OG Josh Beekman of Boston College supposedly will last longer in the draft than he should, due to his height only being 6-1. He sure showed he could stop the DT's cold in 1 on 1 drills. Uber strong. Just planted a couple guys. I'll leave the height concerns to the scouts but when they went to game film, he really moved guys out on the sweep and showed excellent pass blocking. 6-1 321
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

I'd take Beekman in a heartbeat if he's still around in the 3rd. I think we go LB, DL in the first 2 rounds unless CB is not adressed in FA.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

Daymeion Hughes is starting to lead me to believe he is the top CB prospect in the draft and with a good 40 time he could be the first CB choosen

Comment

• Night Train
          • Jul 2005

Day 1 Recap - http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/...ice-recap.html

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Good reads!
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
              • Jul 2005

Day 2 morning practice - North Squad

Victor Abiamiri - DE - Notre Dame - looked very quick off the snap. Showed a good spin move and used his hands well to get leverage. 6-4 270. Probably needs to hit the weight room and put on 10 lbs.

Levi Brown - LT - Penn St. - Couldn't be beat in the 1 on 1 drills. Great footwork and technique. Once he gets his hands on his man, he's done. Looks like a sure Top 15 pick. 6-5 328. If the Bills are iffy on Pennington, then select this guy. Has the look of a star.

Jason Hill - WR - Washington St. - he looked good again. I'm completely sold on this guy as a solid mid round pick as a #2 WR. Hands, moves, tight patterns. He's making $$ this week.

Josh Beekman - OG - Boston College - 2nd good day in a row. Showed his power and good footwork in the 1 on 1 drills. Really packs a punch. Looks like he understands how to get angles and drive guys. Solid pick in Round 2 or 3.

Okoye of Lousville is such a good athlete for a DT. He has a great spin move and uses his hands to gain leverage in his rush and positioning. Looked impressive in the 1 on 1 drills, showing both speed and power to beat his man. Hard to knock him, due to his young age. I'm betting the scouts love this guy.

Later today, the day 2 South practice.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                !?!?!?!?!?
                • Mar 2006

Brandon Myles WR from West Virginia and O-lineman James Marten from Boston College have both been doing pretty well so far i would like to grab Myles in the mid-rounds

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

I will be at the game itself. Also going up for the Friday Fan Fare

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Thanks guys. Those of us with Time Warner have the NY Sports channel instead of the NFL Network. While you guys get to watch coverage of Senior Bowl practices we can watch the history of Madison Square Garden and up close and personal coverage of the NY Knicks.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                      !?!?!?!?!?
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      Thanks guys. Those of us with Time Warner have the NY Sports channel instead of the NFL Network. While you guys get to watch coverage of Senior Bowl practices we can watch the history of Madison Square Garden and up close and personal coverage of the NY Knicks.
                      yea...i got cablevision same situation pretty much

Comment

• Night Train
                        • Jul 2005

Day 2 Afternoon Practice - South

Kareem Brown DT - Miami U. - 6-5 315 - Rotation guy who finally became a full time starter his Senior year and responded with a big season. Really quick off the snap and showed good use of his arms for leverage. Looks great in the drills. 3rd-4th round projection ( could be rising ) with his best football still ahead of him. Looks perfect for the 1 gap position, where we have a big need. Interesting.

Justin Blalock - OG - Texas - 6-4 329 - Moved out to OT for his Senior year, due to an injury but his old position, Guard, is his future. Just dominating in the blocking drills. Great punch, feet, technique. The DL don't get anywhere near the QB target. Quinton Moses of Georgia tried an outside speed move and he just rode him wide. Others tried a bull rush or spin move inside and he stoned them. They barely moved Blalock back a foot. He definitely looks like the premier Guard in this draft. Wow. Was he impressive.

Lorenzo Booker - RB - Florida St. 5-11 193 - Not a 20-30 carry guy. The definition of the " Change of Pace " back or a poor mans Reggie Bush. Can line up in the slot and run patterns. Can cut on a dime and make people miss in the open field. Great speed and hands out of the backfield. You find a way to get this guy at least 15 touches and watch him make big plays. Can change the game in a second. Probably a 3rd round guy who many teams would love to draft. Might be taken higher. Scares the hell out of the opposing D. Would draw a ton of attention, opening it up for others.

Rufus Alexander - OLB - Oklahoma 6-1 230 - Perfect for the Cover 2 - Just rocked a couple guys on short passes into the flat. Closed fast and showed great speed and effort. Saw him drop into coverage and looked very natural doing it. Jumped up fast on sweeps before anyone could block him. Some Cover 2 D will select him high and get a good one.

Lots of drops from these South WR's. I didn't like any of these guys.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

I keep stopping and looking at Kareem Brown's profile...been wondering since November if he could be our guy.

Comment

Working...
                          X