PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey to return to Dolphins in 2007

bluehaze
01-22-2007, 12:51 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text vAlign=top>
MOBILE -- Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey will be returning to the team's coaching staff in 2007.

It wasn't immediately known whether Mularkey will remain in his coordinator's role under new head coach Cam Cameron, who has already said he will handle play-calling duties. One possible reassignment could be as tight ends coach, which is a position Mularkey previously held in Tampa Bay (1995) and Pittsburgh (1996 to 2000). The Dolphins have an opening at that spot after Derek Dooley left to become head coach at Louisiana Tech.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-mularkey012207,0,5093733.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Y'all are slacking can't believe noone has posted this yet :lol:

ArcticWildMan
01-22-2007, 12:53 PM
LMAO!!! Tight ends coach??

Carlton Bailey
01-22-2007, 12:56 PM
LOL.

JJamezz
01-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Next stop, urinal mint guy...

Way to work yourself down the corporate ladder Mike!

!Papacrunk!
01-22-2007, 06:05 PM
that is something though--going from being a head coach, to a coordinator again, to possibly being a TE coach.

Crisis
01-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Atleast Gregg Williams is/was a good coordinator...

texasphinsfan
01-22-2007, 08:15 PM
yeah this is crappy news.... i was hoping for a revamp or turnaround...

this isn't promising.

BAM
01-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Great news! I hope he stays on as OC!

HHURRICANE
01-22-2007, 08:27 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text vAlign=top>
MOBILE -- Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey will be returning to the team's coaching staff in 2007.

It wasn't immediately known whether Mularkey will remain in his coordinator's role under new head coach Cam Cameron, who has already said he will handle play-calling duties. One possible reassignment could be as tight ends coach, which is a position Mularkey previously held in Tampa Bay (1995) and Pittsburgh (1996 to 2000). The Dolphins have an opening at that spot after Derek Dooley left to become head coach at Louisiana Tech.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-mularkey012207,0,5093733.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Y'all are slacking can't believe noone has posted this yet :lol:
This is totally an objective opinion but it doesn't matter who the coaches and coordinators are because this is one very bad team. Average RB, weak OL, a hand cuff at QB and an aging D. I think 3 wins will be alot next year.

This isn't Miami hate talking but just the way I see it.

texasphinsfan
01-22-2007, 08:32 PM
This is totally an objective opinion but it doesn't matter who the coaches and coordinators are because this is one very bad team. Average RB, weak OL, a hand cuff at QB and an aging D. I think 3 wins will be alot next year.

This isn't Miami hate talking but just the way I see it.

eh.... i don't know about that.

I'd say we are an above .500 team all other things being equal. We went 9-7 with freakin Gus Frerotte as our QB, don't forget.

our RB is above average, we're about to get Ricky back (and while neither him nor Ronnie instill fear in the defense, as a tandem they work very well - see 2005). our OL is average i'd say (and the only reason i don't mark them below average is because the last two years our RBs have averaged over 4 yards per carry... no "average" RB can do that behind a "weak" OL if you ask me. The QB is the biggest question mark, i'll give you that.

the D isn't really aging though - just the DL... which half of whom are FA this year anyway, and i'm guessing we're going to let them walk. Keep in mind a lot of our "aging" D from over the years we already axed - Madison, Knight, Howard, etc... now we have youth in Bell, Daniels, Crowder, Roth, etc.... Zach and JT are really the only other "old" people i see staying, but they're pro-bowlers at the top of their game, so i don't see that as being a big problem.

If Cam gets the team back on track this year, i don't think its too hard to expect another 9-7 season out of the fins this year.... we did it in 2005 with worse personnel.

HHURRICANE
01-22-2007, 08:38 PM
eh.... i don't know about that.

I'd say we are an above .500 team all other things being equal. We went 9-7 with freakin Gus Frerotte as our QB, don't forget.

I am a betting guy and I'm telling you that it will not be pretty. I think fans here knew that 7-9 was the best the Bills could expect and alot thought much worse based on our talent.

There is no way you will finish above .500 based on what you are working with, new coaches, new shemes, etc. If everyone thinks that Culpeppers knee was the problem last year so be it. I watched the guy make mistake, after mistake, after mistake. If somehow Matt Schaub shows up on your doorstep I'll revise my prediction. But right now it's 3 wins.

texasphinsfan
01-23-2007, 12:28 AM
I am a betting guy and I'm telling you that it will not be pretty. I think fans here knew that 7-9 was the best the Bills could expect and alot thought much worse based on our talent.

There is no way you will finish above .500 based on what you are working with, new coaches, new shemes, etc. If everyone thinks that Culpeppers knee was the problem last year so be it. I watched the guy make mistake, after mistake, after mistake. If somehow Matt Schaub shows up on your doorstep I'll revise my prediction. But right now it's 3 wins.
never, in the history of the franchise (even when we were an expansion team) have we ever had so few wins.

such a prediction by you is a bold one, for sure. are you willing to up the stakes here and put some sort of wager on that? ;)

Yasgur's Farm
01-23-2007, 06:05 AM
never, in the history of the franchise (even when we were an expansion team) have we ever had so few wins.

such a prediction by you is a bold one, for sure. are you willing to up the stakes here and put some sort of wager on that? ;)3 wins in 1966 and again in 1969. Get ready to add 2007.:rain:

LtFinFan66
01-23-2007, 06:09 AM
Uhh...NO

don137
01-23-2007, 06:57 AM
Anything can happen in the NFL these days. Look at the Saints who went from the #2 overall pick and ended up in the championship game. I'm not saying the Dolphins can do that because I truly do not think they can go that far with Culpepper at QB but anything is possible. They need to make some major moves because they have been going no where the last few years. I am not saying the Bills haven't been doing the same but at least we saw improvement in the Bills.
Now, MM on the other hand. I can't help but laugh. Going from a Head Coach to OC to potentially TE coach. What's next, ball boy?

HHURRICANE
01-23-2007, 09:18 AM
3 wins in 1966 and again in 1969. Get ready to add 2007.:rain:

You beat me to it. Nice job.

Back to topic. He fired our conditioning coach which was a HUGE mistake and not warranted. I believe Rusty is on his way to a Superbowl. Mike Mularkey didn't have the balls or faith in himself to play JP through the 2005 campaign which hurt the team and JP. Than he resigns at the end of the season which really proved to me that he shouldn't be a coach at all.

He was awful as Miami's OC and I'm not really sure why they would want the "loser" coaching any aspect of their football team unless he grills a mean cheeseburger.

If the new head coach can't figure out that MM is useless I'm not sure I would want him as my head coach either.

jamze132
01-23-2007, 09:36 AM
I don't think he will be the Offensive Coordinator if he ain't calling the plays. That is kind of embarassing I think. But as long as he is on the Dolphins in some capacity, I will be happy. At least then we will know that he will screw up someones head.

feelthepain
01-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Anything can happen in the NFL these days. Look at the Saints who went from the #2 overall pick and ended up in the championship game. I'm not saying the Dolphins can do that because I truly do not think they can go that far with Culpepper at QB but anything is possible. They need to make some major moves because they have been going no where the last few years. I am not saying the Bills haven't been doing the same but at least we saw improvement in the Bills.
Now, MM on the other hand. I can't help but laugh. Going from a Head Coach to OC to potentially TE coach. What's next, ball boy?

I just love this imaginary improvement only Bill fans see! 27th ranked passing game 28th ranked running game, yep that's improvement! I sure hope they do more of the same next year.

texasphinsfan
01-23-2007, 12:06 PM

ok, well i respect your opinion but would like to know what makes you think the fins are going to go 3-13 next year?

if you can put up some un-biased reasoning (other than saying "fins suck"), i'm listening and want to hear your logic.

3-13 is Raiders and Lions territory, and we have far too much talent to be in that arena i feel... plus a stout defense ranked near the top of the league. I just don't see it.

texasphinsfan
01-23-2007, 12:20 PM
3 wins in 1966 and again in 1969. Get ready to add 2007.:rain:

only 8 losing seasons in 40 years? only 2 seasons with 3 wins (both in expansion team era) in 40 years?

i like my odds.

feelthepain
01-23-2007, 02:25 PM

God I can't wait to here what you think the Bills will be next year! So why don't you give us fin fans something to snicker at and tells us what you think the Bills will do next year. By doing so you'll just re-assure my faith in the the fact that you are bias and have no place judging your own teams ability, much less anyone elses.