X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluehaze
    • Sep 2006

Mularkey to return to Dolphins in 2007

MOBILE -- Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey will be returning to the team's coaching staff in 2007.

It wasn't immediately known whether Mularkey will remain in his coordinator's role under new head coach Cam Cameron, who has already said he will handle play-calling duties. One possible reassignment could be as tight ends coach, which is a position Mularkey previously held in Tampa Bay (1995) and Pittsburgh (1996 to 2000). The Dolphins have an opening at that spot after Derek Dooley left to become head coach at Louisiana Tech.

Y'all are slacking can't believe noone has posted this yet
  • ArcticWildMan

Re: Mularkey to return to Dolphins in 2007

LMAO!!! Tight ends coach??

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

LOL.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Next stop, urinal mint guy...

Way to work yourself down the corporate ladder Mike!

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
          • Mar 2004

that is something though--going from being a head coach, to a coordinator again, to possibly being a TE coach.

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

Atleast Gregg Williams is/was a good coordinator...
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• texasphinsfan
              • Mar 2004

yeah this is crappy news.... i was hoping for a revamp or turnaround...

this isn't promising.

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

Great news! I hope he stays on as OC!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bluehaze

MOBILE -- Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey will be returning to the team's coaching staff in 2007.

It wasn't immediately known whether Mularkey will remain in his coordinator's role under new head coach Cam Cameron, who has already said he will handle play-calling duties. One possible reassignment could be as tight ends coach, which is a position Mularkey previously held in Tampa Bay (1995) and Pittsburgh (1996 to 2000). The Dolphins have an opening at that spot after Derek Dooley left to become head coach at Louisiana Tech.

Y'all are slacking can't believe noone has posted this yet
                  This is totally an objective opinion but it doesn't matter who the coaches and coordinators are because this is one very bad team. Average RB, weak OL, a hand cuff at QB and an aging D. I think 3 wins will be alot next year.

This isn't Miami hate talking but just the way I see it.

Comment

• texasphinsfan
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    This is totally an objective opinion but it doesn't matter who the coaches and coordinators are because this is one very bad team. Average RB, weak OL, a hand cuff at QB and an aging D. I think 3 wins will be alot next year.

This isn't Miami hate talking but just the way I see it.
                    eh.... i don't know about that.

I'd say we are an above .500 team all other things being equal. We went 9-7 with freakin Gus Frerotte as our QB, don't forget.

our RB is above average, we're about to get Ricky back (and while neither him nor Ronnie instill fear in the defense, as a tandem they work very well - see 2005). our OL is average i'd say (and the only reason i don't mark them below average is because the last two years our RBs have averaged over 4 yards per carry... no "average" RB can do that behind a "weak" OL if you ask me. The QB is the biggest question mark, i'll give you that.

the D isn't really aging though - just the DL... which half of whom are FA this year anyway, and i'm guessing we're going to let them walk. Keep in mind a lot of our "aging" D from over the years we already axed - Madison, Knight, Howard, etc... now we have youth in Bell, Daniels, Crowder, Roth, etc.... Zach and JT are really the only other "old" people i see staying, but they're pro-bowlers at the top of their game, so i don't see that as being a big problem.

If Cam gets the team back on track this year, i don't think its too hard to expect another 9-7 season out of the fins this year.... we did it in 2005 with worse personnel.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by texasphinsfan
                      eh.... i don't know about that.

I'd say we are an above .500 team all other things being equal. We went 9-7 with freakin Gus Frerotte as our QB, don't forget.
                      I am a betting guy and I'm telling you that it will not be pretty. I think fans here knew that 7-9 was the best the Bills could expect and alot thought much worse based on our talent.

There is no way you will finish above .500 based on what you are working with, new coaches, new shemes, etc. If everyone thinks that Culpeppers knee was the problem last year so be it. I watched the guy make mistake, after mistake, after mistake. If somehow Matt Schaub shows up on your doorstep I'll revise my prediction. But right now it's 3 wins.

Comment

• texasphinsfan
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        I am a betting guy and I'm telling you that it will not be pretty. I think fans here knew that 7-9 was the best the Bills could expect and alot thought much worse based on our talent.

There is no way you will finish above .500 based on what you are working with, new coaches, new shemes, etc. If everyone thinks that Culpeppers knee was the problem last year so be it. I watched the guy make mistake, after mistake, after mistake. If somehow Matt Schaub shows up on your doorstep I'll revise my prediction. But right now it's 3 wins.
                        never, in the history of the franchise (even when we were an expansion team) have we ever had so few wins.

such a prediction by you is a bold one, for sure. are you willing to up the stakes here and put some sort of wager on that?

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by texasphinsfan
                          never, in the history of the franchise (even when we were an expansion team) have we ever had so few wins.

such a prediction by you is a bold one, for sure. are you willing to up the stakes here and put some sort of wager on that?
                          3 wins in 1966 and again in 1969. Get ready to add 2007.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                            • Mar 2005

Uhh...NO

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Anything can happen in the NFL these days. Look at the Saints who went from the #2 overall pick and ended up in the championship game. I'm not saying the Dolphins can do that because I truly do not think they can go that far with Culpepper at QB but anything is possible. They need to make some major moves because they have been going no where the last few years. I am not saying the Bills haven't been doing the same but at least we saw improvement in the Bills.
                              Now, MM on the other hand. I can't help but laugh. Going from a Head Coach to OC to potentially TE coach. What's next, ball boy?

Comment

Working...
                              X