PDA

View Full Version : Tedy Bruschi may leave NFL.

mybills
01-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Just saw it on ESPN. "I have to reflect on this past year, and then decide."

JJamezz
01-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Yes, He will reflect on it for 3 days and then be resurrected on Super Bowl Sunday.

RockStar36
01-22-2007, 01:14 PM
What's with all these players jumping into retirement talk right after the season is over, only to take it back after a few days/weeks.

kgun12
01-22-2007, 01:18 PM
He will miss taking all the cheap late shoots on players!

OpIv37
01-22-2007, 01:28 PM
too good to be true.

madness
01-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Is he gone yet?

madness
01-22-2007, 01:34 PM
No? How about now?

madness
01-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Now?

mybills
01-22-2007, 01:37 PM
:rofl: madness!!!

camelcowboy
01-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Boy can we get anymore great news?

M
01-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Good. Bye.

madness
01-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Boy can we get anymore great news?

This just in off the wire...

Op stops *****ing and realizes the Bills are heading in the right direction no matter what he may think. We are still trying to determine if the immediate Hell freezing over had anything to do with this or if it was just an after effect.

:jk:

patmoran2006
01-22-2007, 02:45 PM
I actually thought it was kinda classy the way he went up to Peyton Manning after the game.

SABuffalo786
01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Who will ESPN suck off now?

Good riddance you filthy greaseball.

Stewie
01-22-2007, 02:49 PM
What's with all these players jumping into retirement talk right after the season is over, only to take it back after a few days/weeks.

Probably because it's a tough decision involving lots of money, and when a reporter brings it up they're just telling the truth.

Luisito23
01-22-2007, 02:59 PM
I actually thought it was kinda classy the way he went up to Peyton Manning after the game.

Yeah me too, especially compared to that bitter POS BB.....

GO BILLS!!!!!

YardRat
01-22-2007, 03:00 PM
I'd like him to stick around at least one more year, so we get a chance to thump on him in '07.

ublinkwescore
01-22-2007, 03:20 PM
I heard he wants to go perform miracles in Africa.

clumping platelets
01-22-2007, 03:22 PM
He's gonna save the world :rolleyes:

OpIv37
01-22-2007, 03:23 PM
This just in off the wire...

Op stops *****ing and realizes the Bills are heading in the right direction no matter what he may think. We are still trying to determine if the immediate Hell freezing over had anything to do with this or if it was just an after effect.

:jk:

how is 28th in run D the right direction?

ublinkwescore
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
how is going from 5-11 to 7-9 with an Offense that seemingly woke up after the bye not going in the right direction???

How is being a top 5 (I believe) team in sacks not going the right direction?

How is playing most of our games against soon-to-be (at the time) playoff contenders competitively not on the right track?

OpIv37
01-22-2007, 03:37 PM
how is going from 5-11 to 7-9 with an Offense that seemingly woke up after the bye not going in the right direction???

How is being a top 5 (I believe) team in sacks not going the right direction?

How is playing most of our games against soon-to-be (at the time) playoff contenders competitively not on the right track?

the team improved in some ways, most notably pass blocking. Losman improved after the bye but took a step back against the Ravens. Jauron's in-game decision making continues to be sub-par and Fairchild's offensive playcalling was very vanilla.

But, first and foremost, something needs to be done about the run D. We need at least one DT, and I would like to see two DT's and a DE. We need to replace Fletcher and Clements. We need another receiving threat- either a true receiving TE or a true #2 receiver- take your pick. Yeah, we have a lot of cap room, but that's still a lot to do in one off-season.

There were some encouraging signs, but this team still has a long way to go. People are acting like we're one or two FA's away from going to the SB and that's not the case.

Mr. Cynical
01-22-2007, 03:41 PM
:bigwave:

DynaPaul
01-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Not a big loss, the guy has been largely invisible this year.

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 07:06 PM
You guys are jumping the gun a little, he hasn't actually retired yet.

I would think Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison and Corey Dillon are all guys who will be considering retirement soon. Of those, I think Dillon is the most likely. I'm pretty sure the other two will be back.

If they do retire, I'll wish them well. They were all great Patriots.

HHURRICANE
01-22-2007, 07:31 PM
If they do retire, I'll wish them well. They were all great Patriots.

Whatever. The fun part all of this is that the Pats downward spiral is coming. All great teams go through it. I watched the Bills destroy the Steelers and Raiders after thier heydays. Watching us run the table on Brady and BB will be great.

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Whatever. The fun part all of this is that the Pats downward spiral is coming. All great teams go through it. I watched the Bills destroy the Steelers and Raiders after thier heydays. Watching us run the table on Brady and BB will be great.

The question is, where is the evidence of a downward spiral?

They still have the coach.

They still have the QB.

They are still young and deep on the OL and DL.

They will have 10+ draft picks when comp picks are awarded, including 2 firsts.

They will be $30M+ under the cap.

The Bills may be a much improved team next season, but the Pats aren't going anywhere.

RedEyE
01-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Bob Poppa and Chris Carter were discussing Bruschi today and not much of it was good. They feel that he is a bit slow and that he's certainly lost a step, and is a huge reason the Pats lost that game against the Colts. That great Patriot defense gave up over 400 yards!!

ublinkwescore
01-22-2007, 07:46 PM
the team improved in some ways, most notably pass blocking. Losman improved after the bye but took a step back against the Ravens. Jauron's in-game decision making continues to be sub-par and Fairchild's offensive playcalling was very vanilla.

But, first and foremost, something needs to be done about the run D. We need at least one DT, and I would like to see two DT's and a DE. We need to replace Fletcher and Clements. We need another receiving threat- either a true receiving TE or a true #2 receiver- take your pick. Yeah, we have a lot of cap room, but that's still a lot to do in one off-season.

There were some encouraging signs, but this team still has a long way to go. People are acting like we're one or two FA's away from going to the SB and that's not the case.

how many quarterbacks had good games against the Ravens' D?

I'll admit, I was very pissed at times with Jauron's decisions.

I think Marv will be putting a premium on the run D over the Oline after the way last season ended.

Given the way Asante Samuel has looked in the playoffs, I think he will probably drive Nate Clements' price down. Losing Fletcher will present us with an opportunity to get better at the linebacker position, and I fully expect that to happen given the number of good FA linebackers this offseason, and through the draft as well - personally, I think Linebacker is a position that could stand being filled through the draft (to replace Fletcher) that will not cause us to skip a beat with the other guys we've got on the roster.

HHURRICANE
01-22-2007, 08:16 PM

They still have the QB.

The Bills may be a much improved team next season, but the Pats aren't going anywhere.

I'll give you some of that. However, I think your D isn't that scary and it got exploited pretty good on Sunday. The Bills D kept the Colts to 17 points and we weren't very good this year. I think you will have a rough time next year against some improved competition.

TigerJ
01-22-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm sure Tedy Bruschi is a nice guy and a class act. It was the media that first pronounced him a saint and then deified him. I'm happy to let him go quietly into retirement whenever it happens.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-23-2007, 03:22 AM
how is 28th in run D the right direction?

When you give up 56 fewer points, playing the toughest schedule in the NFL.

And, improve your point differential from -6.0 per game to -0.6875 per game.

However, I don't disagree about the need for further improvement. I don't think you will see the sweeping changes that you want, but I do think that there will be some substantive changes that will result in further improvement next season, even though the Bills will, once again, be facing the toughest schedule in the NFL based on this year's records.

LtFinFan66
01-23-2007, 03:42 AM
He heard they were looking for a new actor on "Heroes" and is going to offer to play himself.....and if that falls through: "Oh God-Book III" has a shot

Ickybaluky
01-23-2007, 04:34 AM
Bob Poppa and Chris Carter were discussing Bruschi today and not much of it was good. They feel that he is a bit slow and that he's certainly lost a step, and is a huge reason the Pats lost that game against the Colts. That great Patriot defense gave up over 400 yards!!

Keep in mind, Tedy is playing somewhat out of position. Since Junior Seau got hurt he has had to play the left ILB position. That position requires more gap responsibilities, taking on blockers to stuff the run, something Tedy isn't as good at. He took one for the team there.

Tedy isn't what he used to be, but he can still be an effective player. There is little doubt the Pats need to add some speed and athleticism at ILB, but they have the resources to do that.

Their defense was hurt a lot from missing both their starting S, Eugeen Wilson and Rodney Harrison. James Sanders and Artrell Hawkins did a decent job filling in for them, but when Hawkins was hurt during the game the Pats were down to used Rashaad Baker, who they picked up off the street earlier in the season. That was a big part of their getting toasted by Dallas Clark.

The Pats defense played well this year, but they need to add some speed and athleticism to the LB corps and probably add another young S. However, given the fact their DL is young, deep and among the best in the NFL -- that is something that is easy enough to remedy given what they have to accomplish. They will be improved on defense next year.

LtFinFan66
01-23-2007, 04:40 AM

They still have the QB.

The Bills may be a much improved team next season, but the Pats aren't going anywhere.Man, you get defensive after a loss :console:

Ickybaluky
01-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Man, you get defensive after a loss :console:

Actually, I dont' mind people talking crap, it is the mindlessness of the talk that is annoying. If people are going to criticize, they should get their facts straight.

That said, I understand why people are so overjoyed about the Pats losing and why they hate them so much. It comes with the winning, so I'll take it over when the Pats were completely extraneous to any discussion of the NFL.

It is kind of funny, really, that people can equate seeing another team lose with the seeing their own team win. Kind of sad as well, but I guess that shows how long it has been since the Bills have been relevant in the NFL themselves.

mybills
01-23-2007, 06:35 AM

Actually, he's on the list of bye-byes as well. It seems he's pissed at Bob Kraft.

Night Train
01-23-2007, 06:38 AM
Is he leaving to be at the right hand of the Father ?

If so, notify ESPN so they can produce a 2 hour show about it.

madness
01-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Actually, he's on the list of bye-byes as well. It seems he's pissed at Bob Kraft.

Now we know who has his sweatshirt sleeves.

Bulldog
01-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Actually, I dont' mind people talking crap, it is the mindlessness of the talk that is annoying. If people are going to criticize, they should get their facts straight.

That said, I understand why people are so overjoyed about the Pats losing and why they hate them so much. It comes with the winning, so I'll take it over when the Pats were completely extraneous to any discussion of the NFL.

It is kind of funny, really, that people can equate seeing another team lose with the seeing their own team win. Kind of sad as well, but I guess that shows how long it has been since the Bills have been relevant in the NFL themselves.

NE39 is just like the Pats and all of their fans. Its all good when they win, but when they lose they act like babies and get all defensive. Just like BB when Manning tried to shake his hand after the game. BB is a POS and doesn't show anyone the respect they deserve. I know a lot of you are tight with NE39, but thats how I see it. He slams Buffalo in a way that a lot of you don't even realize that he's slamming them. I wish nothig but the worst for the Pats!

jamze132
01-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Very true. Since my team can't win, I take a little bit of satisfaction in knowing that the rest of the AFC East is watching the same game from their own couch.

jamze132
01-23-2007, 09:31 AM
He heard they were looking for a new actor on "Heroes" and is going to offer to play himself.....and if that falls through: "Oh God-Book III" has a shot
ROFL

I heard that he is the newsest member of the Fantastic 4... or 5 I guess.

OpIv37
01-23-2007, 09:32 AM
When you give up 56 fewer points, playing the toughest schedule in the NFL.

And, improve your point differential from -6.0 per game to -0.6875 per game.

However, I don't disagree about the need for further improvement. I don't think you will see the sweeping changes that you want, but I do think that there will be some substantive changes that will result in further improvement next season, even though the Bills will, once again, be facing the toughest schedule in the NFL based on this year's records.

I'm not sure I buy that tough schedule stuff. Yeah, it doesn't make things any easier, but the schedules are pre-determined by the NFL. It's just bad luck that we happen to be in a fairly strong division and the teams that popped up on our schedule this year happen to be on an up cycle. We've been around to know that luck is the enemy of Buffalo sports. If you're gonna go anywhere in the playoffs, you have to be able to beat good teams anyway.

As far as sweeping changes, something HAS to be done with the DL. If not, everything else is just a waste of time and money.

OpIv37
01-23-2007, 09:42 AM

Well, it's been a while since you've had to sit through this, so maybe you don't remember what it's like. But every NFL team is an opponent at some time or another, so when the Bills are out of it, it's hard to root for another team. It's much easier to root against a team I hate.

And I hate the Patriots. With the exception of the opener in 03, they've been kicking our asses consistently for 5+ years. I think Brady, while talented, is a whiny *****. I think Bill Belicheck, while an excellent coach, is an ass and gets way more respect from the media than he deserves. And I hate Bruschi- not really because of anything he's done personally but because of that nauseating Bruschi love-fest. I hate Harrison because he's dirty. And I hate Caldwell for no good reason other than the fact that he's on the Pats now.

And while every team has douchebag fans, in my admittedly anecdotal experience, the percentage of douchebag Pats fans to tolerable Pats fans is much higher than it is for most other teams.

If the Bills can't win, the consolation prize is knowing that at least the ****ing Patriots didn't win either.

Billsrock4life
01-23-2007, 09:47 AM
good im tired of the media cracking him up to be such an amazing linebacker, he blows.

mybills
01-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Well, it's been a while since you've had to sit through this, so maybe you don't remember what it's like. But every NFL team is an opponent at some time or another, so when the Bills are out of it, it's hard to root for another team. It's much easier to root against a team I hate.

And I hate the Patriots. With the exception of the opener in 03, they've been kicking our asses consistently for 5+ years. I think Brady, while talented, is a whiny *****. I think Bill Belicheck, while an excellent coach, is an ass and gets way more respect from the media than he deserves. And I hate Bruschi- not really because of anything he's done personally but because of that nauseating Bruschi love-fest. I hate Harrison because he's dirty. And I hate Caldwell for no good reason other than the fact that he's on the Pats now.

And while every team has douchebag fans, in my admittedly anecdotal experience, the percentage of douchebag Pats fans to tolerable Pats fans is much higher than it is for most other teams.

If the Bills can't win, the consolation prize is knowing that at least the ****ing Patriots didn't win either.

:bf1: :10:

Ickybaluky
01-23-2007, 10:07 AM
I know a lot of you are tight with NE39, but thats how I see it. He slams Buffalo in a way that a lot of you don't even realize that he's slamming them.

Man, how did you manage to get into my head so well? You nailed me. This is an submersive, undercover operation with the goal of making you all feel like crap about your team. Please don't let the others know, it'll be our little secret.

Ickybaluky
01-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Sorry, Op, it's just sad. For me, there are two major sports: Football and offseason football. I enjoy watching the game being played well, not matter what. Maybe when I was younger I got caught up with the while team affiliation, good-guys/bad guys, etc.

You can't control the other stuff, and I really don't understand why people spend so much time turning everything into a soap opera. Really, it is great when your team wins and all, but I have to wonder why some people even follow the game when they can't seem to enjoy it at all. Do you attach that much of your identity to how well or poorly a football team plays? One which you really don't have any direct relationship with, or know any of those participating directly? It doesn't seem that enjoyable for most.

Perhaps I'm an optimist, but it should be fun following the game. Just because guys like Peyton Manning, Bob Sanders and Dallas Clark just lit up the Pats and knocked them from the playoffs doesn't mean I can't enjoy watching them play the game. I wish the Pats had won, but once the game is over you tip your cap and move on.

mybills
01-23-2007, 10:24 AM
"I enjoy watching the game being played well"
They played slightly better than they did against SD.
I enjoyed watching your team lose. :up:

OpIv37
01-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Sorry, Op, it's just sad. For me, there are two major sports: Football and offseason football. I enjoy watching the game being played well, not matter what. Maybe when I was younger I got caught up with the while team affiliation, good-guys/bad guys, etc.

You can't control the other stuff, and I really don't understand why people spend so much time turning everything into a soap opera. Really, it is great when your team wins and all, but I have to wonder why some people even follow the game when they can't seem to enjoy it at all. Do you attach that much of your identity to how well or poorly a football team plays? One which you really don't have any direct relationship with, or know any of those participating directly? It doesn't seem that enjoyable for most.

Perhaps I'm an optimist, but it should be fun following the game. Just because guys like Peyton Manning, Bob Sanders and Dallas Clark just lit up the Pats and knocked them from the playoffs doesn't mean I can't enjoy watching them play the game. I wish the Pats had won, but once the game is over you tip your cap and move on.

There's a breaking point. I could never really root for the Patriots because they were a division rival. But at first, it was interesting. Bellicheck was a retread coach who sucked in Cleveland. Brady was a sixth round draft pick coming off the bench. They had no "marque" big name players. Yet, somehow, they won a SB. They seemed to be the first team that figured out how to get it right in the salary cap era. Their different offensive looks and the way they were always more prepared than the other team was compelling to watch (not from a Bills fan standpoint, but from a football fan standpoint).

That being said, 6 years of watching the Pats win, watching them get call after call from the refs, watching them beat the Bills year in and year out, watching them appear on the verge of collapse only to somehow pull it out again, listening to the media kiss their asses and talk about how great they are... for me, that's not fun at all. It's more fun rooting for them to lose so I don't have to hear about or watch this **** anymore. I would imagine that a lot of AFC fans, particularly AFCE fans, felt similarly about the Bills in the early 90's.

If the Colts pull out the win in the SB, you'll see Peyton Manning (the QB that beat your team) on every magazine, TV show, commercial, etc, for 8 months until the season starts. It's been like 4 years of that with Brady- every time I turn around, I have to see the face of some **** who consistently embarrasses my team. That's not fun at all either.

Ickybaluky
01-23-2007, 10:49 AM
There's a breaking point. I could never really root for the Patriots because they were a division rival.

Agreed. However, comparing them losing in the playoffs to the Bills winning in the playoffs is a little sad. There is no comparison, or shouldn't be.

I would imagine that a lot of AFC fans, particularly AFCE fans, felt similarly about the Bills in the early 90's.

I actually liked that Bills team. I was at UMass just when that Buffalo team were getting good, and had a roommate (Darien Chapman) from Buffalo. We used to go back and forth about it, and he took it easy on me because the Patriot teams of those years were among the most dreadful in history.

He invited me to the AFC Championship game when they beat the Raiders 51-3 to advance to the Super Bowl for the first time. I remember him sitting there in disbelief, saying over and over again how the Bills were going to the Super Bowl. That is what it should be about.

If the Colts pull out the win in the SB, you'll see Peyton Manning (the QB that beat your team) on every magazine, TV show, commercial, etc, for 8 months until the season starts. It's been like 4 years of that with Brady- every time I turn around, I have to see the face of some **** who consistently embarrasses my team. That's not fun at all either.

I understand your point, but at some point you have to let it go. You can't control what happens.

As for Manning, it isn't like the guy isn't already on every magazine, TV show and commercial already.

However, why should I begrudge the guy? He is a great QB, and from all appearances puts the kind of work into being successful that it took to get there. It isn't like he hasn't earned his success.

In the end, I don't know if Manning is a great guy or a jerk, but I do know he is a great QB and plays the game at a real high level. That is just a fact, and for me to state anything else is lying, no matter who he beats. I don't have to make up stupid cracks about the guy to put him down, because my eyes tell me he is a great player.

Bulldog
01-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Man, how did you manage to get into my head so well? You nailed me. This is an submersive, undercover operation with the goal of making you all feel like crap about your team. Please don't let the others know, it'll be our little secret.

Yeah, that was the whole point of the post. Good job! Do you feel it is your duty to come on here and defend the all mighty Patriots? As far as I can tell, they do no wrong in your book and the second that someone questions them, you show up to tell us how stupid we are. I'm just so tired of hearing how smart the Patriots are. Go spew it somewhere else if you're so inclined!

OpIv37
01-23-2007, 11:31 AM
In the end, I don't know if Manning is a great guy or a jerk, but I do know he is a great QB and plays the game at a real high level. That is just a fact, and for me to state anything else is lying, no matter who he beats. I don't have to make up stupid cracks about the guy to put him down, because my eyes tell me he is a great player.

understood, but when I look at guys like Brady, I see a great player who beat MY team. When I watch football, I want to see the Bills win first and great players second. The first thought in my head isn't "that's a great football player"- it's "that ******* beat my team".

Ickybaluky
01-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah, that was the whole point of the post. Good job! Do you feel it is your duty to come on here and defend the all mighty Patriots? As far as I can tell, they do no wrong in your book and the second that someone questions them, you show up to tell us how stupid we are. I'm just so tired of hearing how smart the Patriots are. Go spew it somewhere else if you're so inclined!

Shh! I'm trying to remain undercover.

Bulldog
01-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Shh! I'm trying to remain undercover.

You're so clever & witty.

Ickybaluky
01-23-2007, 11:49 AM
You're so clever & witty.

Thanks, it is hard to be funny and submersive at the same time.

BTW, that is my duty.

Bulldog
01-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks, it is hard to be funny and submersive at the same time.

BTW, that is my duty.

I know, and much like the Patriots, you're the best!

Ickybaluky
01-23-2007, 11:52 AM
I know, and much like the Patriots, you're the best!

Aww!!! You big... you!