PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey to stay in Miami

dolphan117
01-22-2007, 02:27 PM
MOBILE, Ala. -- Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey will be returning to the team's coaching staff in 2007.

It wasn't immediately known whether Mularkey will remain in his coordinator's role under new coach Cam Cameron, who has already said he will handle play-calling duties.
One possible reassignment could be as tight ends coach, which is a position Mularkey previously held in Tampa Bay (1995) and Pittsburgh (1996 to 2000). The Dolphins have an opening at that spot after Derek Dooley left to become head coach at Louisiana Tech.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-mularkey012207,0,7694123.story?coll=sfla-sports-front
The only mitigating thing here is that Cam has already said he will be calling the plays so even if Mularkey is the OC at least his play-calling wont be a problem. I guess I wouldn't mind him as the TE coach but I would really be more happy if he was nowhere near this organization.

dolphan117
01-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Doh! my apologies mods. I looked to make sure there wasn't already a thread on this..................... And for some reason didn't see the other one until this was in the process of being posted. Sorry about that.

patmoran2006
01-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Well if he's only the TE's coach, it will only be McMichael's career that goes into the ****ter.

dolphan117
01-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Well if he's only the TE's coach, it will only be McMichael's career that goes into the ****ter.I just wonder if he would be willing to take that kind of a demotion and still stay with the team. I mean I could see him staying as the OC without play-calling duties but if we kick him all the way down to TE coach? Seems like he would rather go somewhere else if the organization thinks that little of him. I guess its possible that because of his contract we don't want to fire him and instead are offering him a small job with high pay in the hope that he just quits and goes somewhere else. IDK.

YardRat
01-22-2007, 02:50 PM
I just wonder if he would be willing to take that kind of a demotion and still stay with the team. I mean I could see him staying as the OC without play-calling duties but if we kick him all the way down to TE coach? Seems like he would rather go somewhere else if the organization thinks that little of him. I guess its possible that because of his contract we don't want to fire him and instead are offering him a small job with high pay in the hope that he just quits and goes somewhere else. IDK.

That was my initial impression also.

Mitchy moo
01-22-2007, 02:56 PM
As long as he is there, it's a good thing for the Bills.

LtFinFan66
01-22-2007, 03:58 PM
If he is just TE's coach, it will mean squat for the Bills Skooby. McMichael has been sucking already he can't be much worse

Mr. Cynical
01-22-2007, 04:02 PM
If he is just TE's coach, it will mean squat for the Bills Skooby. McMichael has been sucking already he can't be much worse

Oh, that's what YOU think. Given the chance, Moo-Moo can take anyone's career lower.

:;

Bling
01-22-2007, 04:14 PM
It's not like McMike was worth anything before...

DynaPaul
01-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Damn, I still wish he was the OC but you know eventually he was going to get demoted again just like losers like Henning and Gilbride.

dolphan117
01-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Well if you read the article he might still might be the OC. We don't know anything for sure at this point other than
A-He will be back
And
B-He wont be calling plays in whatever position he stays in.

Edit-I edited the first post to make that more clear. When I had posted it before I wasn't sure how much of an article we are allowed to post here so I just grabbed those 2 quick lines and than gave the link.

HHURRICANE
01-22-2007, 05:18 PM
This is definately a set back for the Bills. As OC there was no doubt that the Bills could rest half their team and sweep the phins. That was our secret weapon. A TE coach probably has the same responsibities as water boy.