PDA

View Full Version : Why does anyone care that BB is unclassy?

Bling
01-22-2007, 04:17 PM
That's just weak smack. When you're one of the best coaches in history, he can be a ***** to anyone. If he wants to burn bridges, fine. Why are people making this a big deal?

DynaPaul
01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Maybe because sportsmanship is part of the game. Bill Walsh kicked ass for years and didn't act like that. In fact, I can't think of any other coaches who won a string of championships that acted like Belichick in defeat.

Mr. Cynical
01-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Maybe because sportsmanship is part of the game. Bill Walsh kicked ass for years and didn't act like that. In fact, I can't think of any other coaches who won a string of championships that acted like Belichick in defeat.

:bf1:

Bling
01-22-2007, 04:25 PM

He's a douchebag, but so is Michael Jordan, TO, Kobe, etc. I just don't understand why you guys let such little things bother you.

LtFinFan66
01-22-2007, 04:30 PM
because he coaches the Pats

DynaPaul
01-22-2007, 04:32 PM
He's a douchebag, but so is Michael Jordan, TO, Kobe, etc. I just don't understand why you guys let such little things bother you.

Who says we like them either?

Mr. Cynical
01-22-2007, 04:36 PM

Partly because he is in our division. However, I NEVER hated Shula, who also beat our ass many a time. Granted I hated the team as a division rival, but when the games were over, Marv and Don were all class. That's part of being a great coach.

The_Philster
01-22-2007, 04:54 PM
personally, I've never thought of Jordan as a douchebag..and TO...well, douchebag would be an improvement

gr8slayer
01-22-2007, 04:57 PM
His unclassy ass can coach my team any day.

Bling
01-22-2007, 06:16 PM
His unclassy ass can coach my team any day.

Not only that, but Bills fans would be praising him for telling the Colts **** off. Hypocrites. Again, I think it's weak smack.

The_Philster
01-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Not only that, but Bills fans would be praising him for telling the Colts **** off. Hypocrites. Again, I think it's weak smack.
pretty broad brush you're painting with, there.
Some Bills fans would actually like TO...doesn't mean it's the consensus opinion...or even the majority

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Not everything is smack Bling.

Win with class and lose with class. Pretty simple concept.

Bling
01-22-2007, 06:48 PM
pretty broad brush you're painting with, there.

You're right. You still can't deny there's homers everywhere that would justify BB's actions. I think majority would, and you think the minority would from what it sounds like.

Ickybaluky
01-22-2007, 07:11 PM
There is no denying that Belichick is not a people person, he is very private and perhaps even socially awkward. However, you can't read into some action and think you know the guy.

You people don't even know the guy, anymore than you know any other coach or player. They could be axe murders for all you know.

BAM
01-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Yep.

Damn media.

To be honest, I'd take Billydick over 99.9% of any of the recent coaches.

Possibly the only one I'd take over him would be Cowher.

3 out of 5 superbowls? I think so.

texasphinsfan
01-22-2007, 08:27 PM
my jury is still out on Belichick.

he was never great without brady. he sucked in cleveland and was "aight" in NE with Bledsoe. However, once Brady came onto the scene, he's been the greatest coach since sliced bread.

is it the coach? is it the QB?

i guess we won't know until one leaves the other.

BAM
01-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Well... for some reason, with the exception of TWO out of 13 playoff games (and countless regular season games), their team has stepped up when the time has come. Now either Brady's presence on the team has elevated 52 other players' performances or coaching has played a big part. Possibly both. I tend to lean toward coaching.

DynaPaul
01-22-2007, 08:31 PM
There is no denying that Belichick is not a people person, he is very private and perhaps even socially awkward. However, you can't read into some action and think you know the guy.

You people don't even know the guy, anymore than you know any other coach or player. They could be axe murders for all you know.

OJ was an axe murderer but DAMN he had personality!

HHURRICANE
01-22-2007, 08:32 PM

he was never great without brady. he sucked in cleveland and was "aight" in NE with Bledsoe. However, once Brady came onto the scene, he's been the greatest coach since sliced bread.

I'll make this easy. Bellichek is a great coach and always has his teams prepared to play. It's not like they got destroyed last night. He's one of the best coaches ever and I can't stand the guy. Cleveland was a mess while he was there and I can name plenty of great coaches that didn't have good first runs.

jmb1099
01-22-2007, 09:34 PM

I thought I heard some one say that Brady's post season streak was also impressive in High School? I don't remember when or who I've just learned to tune most of it out.

That being said I think BB is a great coach and its taken what 5 years for anyone to really figure out how to beat him (barely) in post season? I don't question the man's coaching ability. And NE39 is right in the sense that we really don't know any of these guys so thank you for reminding me that being judgmental is wrong.
Still the way he dismissed Manning, whatever his reasons, just doesn't sit well. But that takes nothing away from his ability to coach.

Mr. Cynical
01-22-2007, 10:14 PM

We don't have to know him to judge his actions and words. He could be a saint for all we know but that's completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. He acts like a sore loser when he loses, and that lacks class.

TigerJ
01-22-2007, 11:17 PM
That's just weak smack. When you're one of the best coaches in history, he can be a ***** to anyone. If he wants to burn bridges, fine. Why are people making this a big deal?

I don't know that it's necessarily smack. Belichick is a great coach and his track record proves it. But he's also had a great deal of success against the Bills. Given the latter, it's no surprise he's become a coach we love to hate. If you love to hate a guy, you're going to jump on anything that makes him look bad. His character is the easiest thing to pick on at this point.

PECKERWOOD
01-22-2007, 11:32 PM

It sets a bad example for everybody who watches his unclassy actions. Does it bother me at all? Yeah a little bit. I don't expect him to be an ass kisser at the end of the game but atleast show some respect to the team that whooped your ass. I mean c'mon it's common courtesy! The better question to your first response is: Why are you letting bothered people bother you?

texasphinsfan
01-23-2007, 12:42 AM
for those of you who replied to my post about BB -

i am not saying he doesn't have any coaching abilities... i'm just saying that i don't think anyone can definitively say that he is as good as everyone says he is. i ask that anyone show me something that tells me i'm wrong.

If you look at the 2000 NE Patriots, Belichick's first year, they are 5-11. granted, new coach, new system, i won't murder them over this. but the year before under Carroll they were 8-8, with largely the same personnel. Fast forward to 2001... they go 11-5. point of interest: they lost 3 out of the first 4 games in 2001... .and the win streak coincidentally happened when Tom Brady took over for the injured Bledsoe. Had Brady not taken over, they surely would have continued with another lackluster year (see: losing 3 out of first 4). Brady turned the team around that year and hasn't looked back since.

in 2000 - New England was 25th in the league in scoring under Belichick.
all of a sudden, in 2001, when Brady came in, they were 6th in the league in scoring... with the same offensive coordinator, same WRs, new QB. I'll give Brady all the credit in the world - he has shown he can do it. Belichick, on the other hand, we can only assume.

again, not saying he is a bad coach, just saying we don't know for sure, and should (as bill parcells would say) "put away the annointing oil."

yeah, call me harsh... i do realize the guy has won 3 rings. But do i think he could have done it without Brady?

nah.

Billsrock4life
01-23-2007, 09:55 AM
I dont care if he is one of the best coaches in NFL history that dosn't give him the right to be unclassy and feel that he dosn't have to be sportsmanlike, regardless of who the person is i cant stand it when people dont show sportsmanship if it were a bills player bing unsportsmanlike i would say the same thing.

njsue
01-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Bill Bellyache's poorus attitude reflects on the team in a classless way.

MikeInRoch
01-23-2007, 12:00 PM
I dont care if he is one of the best coaches in NFL history that dosn't give him the right to be unclassy and feel that he dosn't have to be sportsmanlike, regardless of who the person is i cant stand it when people dont show sportsmanship if it were a bills player bing unsportsmanlike i would say the same thing.

Sure it does. Everyone has the right to be unclassy if they want.

I wish he coached the Bills.

Pinkerton Security
01-23-2007, 01:54 PM
PATRIOTS SUCK!!! BRADY IS A DOUCHE!!!!

Sure. I'd take Belicheck cuz he can obviously coach, you cant win as much as he had without some smarts. That being said, i hate the man. Hes in our freakin' division. Seems like some people are jealous of the patsies having a good coach or else have a man-crush on old billy. as long as they are in our division, there is no way i can like any coach...especially one who treats their adversaries with no class (ask any Jets fan how he treated Mangini). Go to hell Belicheck, I havent been happier than when you lost Sunday since we beat you 31-0 at home in 03(?).

Earthquake Enyart
01-23-2007, 02:06 PM

I just finished reading "The Education of a Coach"

I know him.

HAMMER
01-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Oh my word, it never ends with people not wanting to give Bellichick or Brady any credit. Who cares whether it is the chicken or the egg. When you have three SB wins you are and always should be a legend. It is absolute madness to think the jury is still out on Bellichick or Brady, they are both winners on the football field. This being said I lost vast amounts of respect for Bellichick after he slighted Manning Sunday.

Mitchy moo
01-23-2007, 03:01 PM
coaches help make a team who they are and the good players execute, either way BB is still an J.O. and I hate him regardless.