For those who think it's losman and not McGahee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

For those who think it's losman and not McGahee!

For those who think Losman is the issue and not McGahee:

Out of the top 11 QB's only 3 didn't make the playoffs: Palmer, Bulgar and Losman.

Out of the top 11 QB's only 2 didn't have a running back to rush for over 1,000 yards: Pennington and Losman. Sidenote : Brady had 2 RB's that ran for about 800 yards each so I didn't count him.

Pennington was 11th and had the worst rushing attack. Losman was 10th and had the 2nd worst rushing attack.

Blame the OL all you want but McGahee is a true under performer. After looking at these stats I really believe RB is more important to this team than CB.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: For those who think it's losman and not McGahee!

If you can't run and stop the run you will not win.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
      If you can't run and stop the run you will not win.
      Yep. Can't say it enough.

Comment

• Mudflap1
        Next Question!
        • Nov 2004

I think we're officially beating a dead horse with McGahee...

He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Marv and company are fairly intelligent human beings. If they think the guy isn't good enough, they're going to get rid of him! To carry on and rant and rage every day about what this guy says, well, he's just not that smart of a guy! Short of putting a burning cross on his lawn, urinating on his car, and spitting on him in public, what else should we do to the guy? He's not going to be reading this post, heck, the guy probably can't read at all. Let's just let the guys in charge make the decisions and let it go! He probably won't be here, but if he is, I guess OBD think he's worth something.

Same goes with J.P. Obviously the coaches and Marv seem to be pleased with his progress and think he's worth keeping around. So let it go about him not living up to expectations or sucking or whatever. The so-called experts on the Billszone have a right to share their opinion, but the constant ridicule is not supportable. He's obviously doing something right.

Jon

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
          I think we're officially beating a dead horse with McGahee...

He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Marv and company are fairly intelligent human beings. If they think the guy isn't good enough, they're going to get rid of him! To carry on and rant and rage every day about what this guy says, well, he's just not that smart of a guy! Short of putting a burning cross on his lawn, urinating on his car, and spitting on him in public, what else should we do to the guy? He's not going to be reading this post, heck, the guy probably can't read at all. Let's just let the guys in charge make the decisions and let it go! He probably won't be here, but if he is, I guess OBD think he's worth something.

Same goes with J.P. Obviously the coaches and Marv seem to be pleased with his progress and think he's worth keeping around. So let it go about him not living up to expectations or sucking or whatever. The so-called experts on the Billszone have a right to share their opinion, but the constant ridicule is not supportable. He's obviously doing something right.

Jon
          Although I agree with most of your post it is important to understand that it wasn't our inept passing game that led to our weak running game which some would like to believe. It was our weak running game that probably cost us a couple of games and should be addressed in the offseason.

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Although I agree with most of your post it is important to understand that it wasn't our inept passing game that led to our weak running game which some would like to believe. It was our weak running game that probably cost us a couple of games and should be addressed in the offseason.
            So be it! I agree! So does Western New York! Everyone thinks is a Willis a bum, we get it! If Marv and Dick agree, he'll be gone. If he stays, then I guess they see some sort of value in him/think the running game is more of a scheme/line issue. I just thinking we're killing this guy 20 different ways since the season ended, that's all.

Jon

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Defense's keying on the run opens up the passing game for big plays. Notice all the big passing plays out of Lee Evans this year?

That won't happen next year.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  Defense's keying on the run opens up the passing game for big plays. Notice all the big passing plays out of Lee Evans this year?

That won't happen next year.
                  I appreciate your opinion. However, I don't see any evidence that this was the case, especially late in the season when McGahee was downright terrible.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

I appreciate your opinion. However, I don't see any evidence that this was the case, especially late in the season when McGahee was downright terrible.
                    He was terrible because teams were playing their safties up trying to stop the run and to force the Bills to beat them by the pass.

I can't recall how many times Evans juked a CB out of his underwear with the CB getting no help from the safties.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

You'd have to analyze all the game films to make an accurate assessment by determining how opposing defenses actually played against the Bills, but it's my perception that the book on the Bills pretty much all year was stop the run and make JP beat you with his arm.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                        You'd have to analyze all the game films to make an accurate assessment by determining how opposing defenses actually played against the Bills, but it's my perception that the book on the Bills pretty much all year was stop the run and make JP beat you with his arm.
                        Well my guess is that the Dick Jauron and his staff have seen enough game film to figure out that Willis is not that good. I haven't heard anything to positive coming out of OBD. And when the owner is calling you a "disappointment" it's safe to say that he's heard a little from the front office.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          He was terrible because teams were playing their safties up trying to stop the run and to force the Bills to beat them by the pass.

I can't recall how many times Evans juked a CB out of his underwear with the CB getting no help from the safties.
                          Hey, we both agree that he was "terrible".

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Well my guess is that the Dick Jauron and his staff have seen enough game film to figure out that Willis is not that good. I haven't heard anything to positive coming out of OBD. And when the owner is calling you a "disappointment" it's safe to say that he's heard a little from the front office.
                            I'm thinking both will do better next year.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                              I'm thinking both will do better next year.
                              I actually agree with you here. JP will have free reign of the offense next year. Our OL will be better and if Willis is still here he will the benefactor of both situations.

I still think McGahee underperformed and I like addressing it now while we can still get something for him. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X