PDA

View Full Version : Alan Branch would be perfect DT for Cover 2 scheme

bigbub2352
01-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Even though he has pefect size to play DT in any scheme, he is the type of player at 330lbs that has the speed and quickness to be an every down Dt who can stuff the run and rush the passer, and would shore up the interior of that line to stop the run, If he falls to 12 we would be insane not to pick him, i seen Michgan play live and he is one of the more dominant DT i have seen out of college football in awhile, all over the feild

If we lose Nate clements via FA we can look to Youboty and maybe another 3-4th rounder to add depth or sign a capable FA to fill there but shoring up the middle is key to a playoff run, also with the emergence of Whitner and Simpson it takes the heat of the CB, position and they will get the help they need from our young safties

Here is to some luck on draft day i would luv to see branch in a Bills uniform in April....

Carlton Bailey
01-23-2007, 08:57 AM
I anticipate him going top five -- seven at worst.

jamze132
01-23-2007, 09:18 AM
I doubt Branch falls to 12.

Tatonka
01-23-2007, 09:27 AM
they said ngata was going at 5 last year for SURE... yeah.. he went at 12 i believe.

anything can happen on draft day.

mysticsoto
01-23-2007, 09:36 AM
they said ngata was going at 5 last year for SURE... yeah.. he went at 12 i believe.

anything can happen on draft day.

If he somehow gets by Arizona and the Redskins...I sincerely doubt the Dolphins would let him slide right by them - considering they have 3 DTs that will be FAs and that they are unlikely to get all 3 of them back. They will likely be in bad need of DTs among other things.

There's always a chance...but this chance is VERY slim!!!

Don't Panic
01-23-2007, 09:37 AM
I anticipate him going top five -- seven at worst.
Probably 6 or 7. Is he worth trading up for? I don't know... the kid is a clear cut beast and would IMMEDIATELY solve many of our defensive problems.

Night Train
01-23-2007, 09:49 AM
While many tends to get caught up in the numbers/measurables of some of these guys, tread lightly. I follow college ball closely and Branch was benched a couple times for lack of effort. Looked better as the season wore on.

I think he's off the board a few picks before our selection but he'll be interesting to follow early in his NFL career. Could be a good one but could be a bust, if effort was once an issue in College.

We've had those O and D Lineman types here in Buffalo many times, like Mike Williams. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

R. Rich
01-23-2007, 09:59 AM
While I'd love to see someone bigger in the middle clogging the lanes, what indication has there been that the Bills will, after signing a free agent DT and then trading back up into the first round to draft another one, use their first round pick on a defensive tackle? I know we'd all like to see it, but what are the chances the team will do that, considering last year's offseason?