PDA

View Full Version : Levy on Jauron's First Year

JoeMama
01-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Marv's interview (http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4578)

I'm always impressed w/ Marv's ability to communicate.

He's so candid & well-spoken.

He's like the anti-Tom Donahoe when dealing w/ the media.

No smoke & mirrors. Few platitudes. Very straight-forward.

That aside, I like his thoughts on Dick Jauron.

OpIv37
01-23-2007, 01:26 PM
the only thing I hate about these interviews is that you have to take them with a grain of salt. I'm sure Marv is pleased with Jauron for the most part, but even if he thought Jauron was the worst coach in NFL history, there is no way he would say that to the media.

PECKERWOOD
01-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Marv's interview (http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4578)

I'm always impressed w/ Marv's ability to communicate.

He's so candid & well-spoken.

He's like the anti-Tom Donahoe when dealing w/ the media.

No smoke & mirrors. Few platitudes. Very straight-forward.

That aside, I like his thoughts on Dick Jauron.

It's funny you point out that Marv is a great communicator, he has always reminded me of Ronald Reagen for some reason.

Forward_Lateral
01-23-2007, 01:28 PM
the only thing I hate about these interviews is that you have to take them with a grain of salt. I'm sure Marv is pleased with Jauron for the most part, but even if he thought Jauron was the worst coach in NFL history, there is no way he would say that to the media.

Well, if he thought that, he'd fire Jauron, but I get your point, and I agree. Marv is not going to say anything negative about anyone to the media. It's bad form.

patmoran2006
01-23-2007, 02:32 PM
1- I love Marv

2- He's a very smart man.

3- He's a great football guy.

4- What he does with this year's FA class and draft will show me if he's cut out to be a successful GM.

Mudflap1
01-23-2007, 02:34 PM
1- I love Marv

4- What he does with this year's FA class and draft will show me if he's cut out to be a successful GM.

100% agree.

Jon

X-Era
01-23-2007, 04:41 PM
1- I love Marv

Absolutely on the money.

With 40 mill in cap space, the 12th pick, no QB issues, theres no reason not to be in the playoffs next year after a big offseason.

But if he goes the cheapo route and doesnt use what hes given, I will be down on him.

Mr. Cynical
01-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Well, if he thought that, he'd fire Jauron, but I get your point, and I agree. Marv is not going to say anything negative about anyone to the media. It's bad form.

He can't fire a coach he just hired. It would make both he and Ralph look incompetent. Like it or not, we're stuck with Dick for two more seasons regardless of how he performs. Otherwise Marv will look impulsive.

Mr. Cynical
01-23-2007, 06:19 PM

"There is some improvement to be made against playoff teams," said Levy. "We were 1-7 against playoff teams this past season. So we have to be better than that going forward."

SOME improvement? :huh:

ALOT of improvement or we're going to miss the playoffs for 8 straight years.

HHURRICANE
01-23-2007, 06:22 PM
1- I love Marv

He's already proven to me that he can be a GM in this league. If Wilson doesn't cheap out on the fans I believe that Levy will smack this out of the park!!

HHURRICANE
01-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Absolutely on the money.

With 40 mill in cap space, the 12th pick, no QB issues, theres no reason not to be in the playoffs next year after a big offseason.

But if he goes the cheapo route and doesnt use what hes given, I will be down on him.

Marv won't cheap out on us. Wilson is the one who scares me right now!!

Luisito23
01-23-2007, 09:51 PM
1- I love Marv

:cheers: :up: :clap: :beers:....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

jamze132
01-24-2007, 06:44 AM
It's official... Marv loves Dick.

Forward_Lateral
01-24-2007, 06:49 AM
He can't fire a coach he just hired. It would make both he and Ralph look incompetent. Like it or not, we're stuck with Dick for two more seasons regardless of how he performs. Otherwise Marv will look impulsive.

OK, true, but Marv isn't going to say bad things about Jauron, no matter what. That's what I was trying to get at.