X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

Dolphins should draft Reggie Nelson

I know that Amobi Okoye is a great talent and one of the best DT in a while, but something just intrigues me about Reggie Nelson. Reach? Yes. Need? Not like DT, but his high character is a good enough reason to draft him. Also, who cares what draft experts think if I know Reggie Nelson is a future player in this league?

REGGIE NELSON BABY!!!!
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Dolphins should draft Reggie Nelson

Originally posted by Bling
    I know that Amobi Okoye is a great talent and one of the best DT in a while, but something just intrigues me about Reggie Nelson. Reach? Yes. Need? Not like DT, but his high character is a good enough reason to draft him. Also, who cares what draft experts think if I know Reggie Nelson is a future player in this league?

REGGIE NELSON BABY!!!!

High Character guy? Yes right, he celebrates when he makes a tackle even if its 20 yards down the field. Kid has all world talent but I think its gone to his head.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bling
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      High Character guy? Yes right, he celebrates when he makes a tackle even if its 20 yards down the field. Kid has all world talent but I think its gone to his head.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

I have a hard time seeing the Fins take a S round 1 for two straight years. Im not saying they shouldnt of course, its also the same reason I have a hard time seeing the Bills take another DT round 1. (unless of course Branch fell )
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Bling
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Devin
          I have a hard time seeing the Fins take a S round 1 for two straight years. Im not saying they shouldnt of course, its also the same reason I have a hard time seeing the Bills take another DT round 1. (unless of course Branch fell )
          I didn't do a good enough job, huh? It was a total shot at the Bills FO... I still agree with what you say though. Fins got to go DT!

Comment

• feelthepain
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bling
            I didn't do a good enough job, huh? It was a total shot at the Bills FO... I still agree with what you say though. Fins got to go DT!
            Good one, I didn't get what you were doing or why, I thought it was strange and I wasn't with you. Now that I know, it's funny. Although I must say Whitner wasn't a bad pick for the Bills, he was just picked in the wrong spot. Considering the strength of this draft and where it is, I'd say either DT or WR will be where we select. Unless ofcourse someone falls to us like Joe Thomas.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Your tongue in cheek is appreciated, Bling, but I don't mind if the Bills do draft a DT fairly high. The reason is that the Bills were really decimated at the position when in successive years they lost Pat Williams and Sam Adams. I know Sam Adams was past his prime and neither he nor Phat Pat really fits the new Bills' scheme anyway. The Bills were counting on Tim Anderson developing, but he's lloking more like a bust than anything else. That leaves the Bills with three Viable DTs Larry Tripplet and John McCargo (assuming he comes back from injury ans shows some development) and Kyle Williams. Tripplet and McCargo alternate at the penetrating under tackle position (Is that the 3 technique spot?) and Kyle Williams mans the nose position. I was pretty happy with Williams, but he was a 5th round pick. The Bills have invested far more on the other side in McCargo and Tripplett. I think that was exposed in the weakness of the Bills' run defense.

The question the Bills have to answer for themselves is how much of the weakness in run defense was due to London Fletcher and how much was the offensive line. It's pretty clear they're letting Fletcher go, but it wouldn't surprise me if they felt they needed to get one more DT with some ability to stop the run either in free agency or the draft, and the DT market in free agency is looking mighty weak.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                • Sep 2003

Reggie Nelson will be a pro bowler, kid is awesome! The next Ed Reed!

Comment

Working...
                X