PDA

View Full Version : The Houston Penguins?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Well it could happen

HOUSTON, United States (AFP) - Ice hockey's Pittsburgh Penguins will visit the city here this week as they consider a move from their current home, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Mario Lemieux, owner and retired star of the National Hockey League club, is expected to lead a delegation from Pittsburgh, the team's home since its 1967 debut, an unnamed source told the newspaper.

The Penguins' stadium lease expires after this season and a new arena project fell through. Lemieux has already been to Kansas City to explore relocation options there.

Tad Brown, chief executive of basketball's Houston Rockets, would have to share his club's home arena, the Toyota Center, with the Penguins if they made a move here.

"We look forward to seeing them if they're here," Brown told the Chronicle. "We'll show them how great a city Houston is and how great Toyota Center is."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070123/ts_alt_afp/ihockeynhlpenguins_070123182406

I still think they're going to move to Kansas City if they go to K.C. they will have their own arena rent free and if they move to Houston they will have to share with the Rockets of the :lolpoint: NBA :rolleyes:

SkateZilla
01-23-2007, 10:14 PM
adn neither teams are even remotely close to any "Penguin" relations... so they might change the name to something else..

RockStar36
01-24-2007, 08:02 AM
I think it will be funny if the Pens move, but I'd still rather see them move to Canada for the good of the game. Moving to KC or Houston does nothing for the NHL.

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Again guys as fans of a small market city how could we be happy for the Pens to move? How would you feel if Pittsburgh didn't support the Bills staying in Buffalo. GET IT TOGETHER GUYS!

RockStar36
01-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Simple.

I hate everything about Pittsburgh. I basically live in a little Pittsburgh and I'm so sick of everything black and gold that those two colors put together instantly make me want to puke. Therefore, I think it would be funny to see them move.

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2007, 08:19 AM
I went to college in near Pittsburgh and was surrounded by them. We even lost to them in the playoffs one year and I came back from winter break to my dorm room covered in Terrible towels. I was never that pissed in my life. Truth be told small markets need to stick together. Erie does have a lot of Steeler fans but the city is probably closer to Buffalo than the burgh....

SabreEleven
01-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Thurm? You are the ambassador to Buffalo but you went to college in Pittsburgh? I think an inquiry to revoking your ambassadorship to be convened. For shame, young man, for shame. :cynic:

RockStar36
01-24-2007, 09:57 AM
It is closer to Buffalo. When it comes down to NFL games this is a Buffalo market which is why I hate the Steeler fans even more. I'm constantly having to deal with *****ing and moaning about how the Bills don't deserve to be on TV and so on.

Anyways, I'm not trying to hijack any thread. I'm just saying that living in Erie has made me literally hate everything black and gold. I hate the Penguins with a passion and Penguin fans are annoying as ****. I couldn't tell you how many people reminded me that the Sabres lost to them recently, yet those people never bring up how the Sabres are #1 in the EC. I just can't stand them. I know it would suck if one of my teams moved so maybe I should revise my stance on this, but right now I just hate Pittsburgh so much that anything bad that happens to them I slightly enjoy.

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Thurm? You are the ambassador to Buffalo but you went to college in Pittsburgh? I think an inquiry to revoking your ambassadorship to be convened. For shame, young man, for shame. :cynic:
Going to Pittsburgh played a large part in me becoming Embassador. I spread the love of Buffalo down there and made me realize my true love for Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2007, 10:15 AM
It is closer to Buffalo. When it comes down to NFL games this is a Buffalo market which is why I hate the Steeler fans even more. I'm constantly having to deal with *****ing and moaning about how the Bills don't deserve to be on TV and so on.

Anyways, I'm not trying to hijack any thread. I'm just saying that living in Erie has made me literally hate everything black and gold. I hate the Penguins with a passion and Penguin fans are annoying as ****. I couldn't tell you how many people reminded me that the Sabres lost to them recently, yet those people never bring up how the Sabres are #1 in the EC. I just can't stand them. I know it would suck if one of my teams moved so maybe I should revise my stance on this, but right now I just hate Pittsburgh so much that anything bad that happens to them I slightly enjoy.
I hear what you are saying and deep down have some of the same feelings but we need to be the bigger people.

SABuffalo786
01-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Part of me finds the idea of Pittsburgh losing their hockey team hilarious.

Part of me finds the idea of another team going South of the Mason-Dixon absolutely repulsive.

SABuffalo786
01-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Part of me finds the idea of Pittsburgh losing their hockey team hilarious.

Part of me finds the idea of another team going South of the Mason-Dixon absolutely repulsive.

Now that I've thought more about it, the part of me that finds Pittsburgh losing its team absolutely hilarious FARS outweighs the other part of me.

You know just as well as I that Pittsburghers are going to give us plenty of **** if we lose the Bills, so we should probably just beat them to the chase and wind them up about the Pens while we can.

So **** off you Black and Gold ****s!

I hope Crosby wins 5 Cups in KC/OKC/Houston!