X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Clements leaving is no big deal!!

Clements is a top 5 or 6 corner in the league. Any time you lose a player like this it hurts. PERIOD. However, he wants #1 money and I have a hard time believing anybody here thinks thats a good move. Raise your hand if you feel otherwise.

We drafted Youboty for a reason. He will be the starter this coming season. The only reason people should get upset and lose their mind is if we don't address the DT, DE and LB positions which is not going to happen.

When we drafted Youboty everyone here pretty much acknowledged that we weren't going to resign Clements so I don't understand why a year later people are surprised.

This team is one FA market and draft class from making the playoffs:

(1) #2 WR, (1) starting RG, (1) starting LB, (1) starting DT and (1) starting DE.

If these psoitions get addresses in the off-season we are going. Any additional upgrades or additions just will determine how far.
  • cocamide
    • Oct 2006

Re: Clements leaving is no big deal!!

I just hope McGee has a better year than last. Clements is an amazing shutdown corner. I hope Youboty can do the same, because I don't think McGee can.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by cocamide
      I just hope McGee has a better year than last. Clements is an amazing shutdown corner. I hope Youboty can do the same, because I don't think McGee can.
      I agree that losing Clements hurts as I stated above. McGee had a disappointing year. I hope that's all it is. However, for those who are worried Whitner, Simpson, McGee and Youboty doesn't look like a bad secondary. With the obvious improvements on the DL and at LB we should be a much better D next year.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Did anyone watch Clements for the last two years? The guy had like 6 good games out of the last 32 and quite a few horrid ones in there. He's not nearly as good as he thinks he is.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Did anyone watch Clements for the last two years? The guy had like 6 good games out of the last 32 and quite a few horrid ones in there. He's not nearly as good as he thinks he is.
          I just posted this on another thread:

In a must win game for the Bills, the Titans ran on 12 of the 13 plays to put their team in field goal range. They started from their own 10 yard line. They were so convinced that they could run on us that they threw the ball once. A top 5 or 6 corner didn't help us aginst a game winning drive.

My grandfather died recently with all of his hair which is amazing for a guy in his 70's. He was in great shape but had a bad heart and they couldn't do anything for him. My aunt was in crappy shape and was about 220 pounds her whole life. She just died in her 90's outliving my grandfather by about 20 years. She had a very strong heart. Do you see the analogy?

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            I agree, the thing is he is still the bills best corner at the moment and will be a tough loss.

That said though I am concerned that if the Bills do sign him to a huge contract he'll revert to his 2005 form...which was putrid.

I don't want clements for big money but I also don't want McGee as our #1 corner (we all saw how he got burned against the lions). What to do...
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• JPFBillsFan
              • Jan 2006

Chris Chambers...enough said... he ate the Bills for breakfast lunch and dinner in 2005......Nate did nothing when he was assigned to him....

Money not spent on Nate can address other issues....I agree 100% with this thread and with Marv's philospohy that the preasure applied to a QB up front can make an avg DB/CB into a superstar......Clements is good but not as good as he thinks.....when he's somewhere else looking like FThomas the DB on the Saints this year everyone will be thankful we didn't dole out the cash on him rather than our real problem areas.....

Nate on your way out help us find a new home for Willis...thanksx

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

I think we might be trying to downplay how important Clements has been. His coaches acknowledge that he is a shutdown corner and the franchise tag should be evidence of that. Youboty may pan out, but he is in no way ready to take on #1 receivers in the NFL and won't be after one offseason. Do I know that for sure? No. But chances are pretty good that I am correct on this one.
                Clements was left one-on-one quite often and vey rarely gave up the big play. Because he didn't have safety help due to our need to use the safety in run defense, he played off the line of scrimmage to prevent the big play. He allowed a lot of catches underneath, but he seemed to never miss the tackle.
                If we go with Youboty and McGee, we will get killed unless we drastically improve the pass rush, and even then...
                Our cornerbacks are much like our receivers. We have one #1 and a bunch of #3's. Everyone after Clements is a nickel back.
                We need help at corner.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

I'm not comfortable w/ Youboty taking over considering he about one game of NFL experience. And McGee as a #1 makes me even more nervous.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by JPFBillsFan
                    Chris Chambers...enough said... he ate the Bills for breakfast lunch and dinner in 2005......Nate did nothing when he was assigned to him....

Money not spent on Nate can address other issues....I agree 100% with this thread and with Marv's philospohy that the preasure applied to a QB up front can make an avg DB/CB into a superstar......Clements is good but not as good as he thinks.....when he's somewhere else looking like FThomas the DB on the Saints this year everyone will be thankful we didn't dole out the cash on him rather than our real problem areas.....

Nate on your way out help us find a new home for Willis...thanksx
                    The defense was in a soft cover-2 zone in the second half and the safety help was non-existant. That was not all on Clements, but he is partially to blame. It was also an example of a lack of in-game adjustment, a testament to poor safety play all year and Vincent and Milloy's fading abilities. Lo and behold, the new coaching staff goes and gets 2 safeties in the draft, and both are starting while Clements gets the franchise tag.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Create a pass rush and many CBs will look good. The Bills need a better DE then Aaron "Here 1 game, take the next 5 off" Schobel.

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        This team is one FA market and draft class from making the playoffs:

Uhhhhh, yeah!

My grandfather died recently with all of his hair which is amazing for a guy in his 70's. He was in great shape but had a bad heart and they couldn't do anything for him. My aunt was in crappy shape and was about 220 pounds her whole life. She just died in her 90's outliving my grandfather by about 20 years. She had a very strong heart. Do you see the analogy?
                        No disrespect to your relatives, but that's not the same kind of heart. Having heart like you are trying to compare, is mental, not physical.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                          Uhhhhh, yeah!

No disrespect to your relatives, but that's not the same kind of heart. Having heart like you are trying to compare, is mental, not physical.
                          FTP, your team is so far away from the playoffs, they make the Bills look like their winning it this year so I would drop it.

Comment

• eyedog
                            • Jul 2002

You guys must be blind or high. 6 out of 32 ?????

And if he leaves they will definitely have to bring in another legit corner regardless of what Youboty or tiny McGee do.

Your gonna miss him next season when the other teams #1 kills us the whole game. Who on this roster will be taking over that job ?????

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

I dont think there is any way that Youboty goes from barely playing as a rookie to being our team's #1 CB in just one season; and lining up against the opposition's best WR.

If we lose Clements and we likely will-- Then we have to find a corner in FA that is at least immediate-starter material- even if its only for one year while YOuboty continues to learn the NFL game.

Its possible that we could use our first rounder on a corner, but I highly doubt that as it makes the Youboty first day pick last year a pick that was made for a career nickel back?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X