PDA

View Full Version : Netflix Review #3

Gunzlingr
01-24-2007, 09:23 AM
*Employee of the Month* - Dax Shepard, Dane Cook, Jessica Simpson
This movie centers around Super Club employees Vince (shepard) and Zach (Cook) who both compete to win Employee of the month to get in new cashier Amy's (Simpson) pants. As far as I was concerned this movie just wasn't that funny. The only good parts were the result of supporting characters Russell (Harland Williams) and Jorge (Efran Ramirez). The only thing that would have made this move watchable would have been some full frontal Jessica Simpson.

2/5.

*Idiocracy* - Luke Wilson, Maya Rudolph, Dax Shepard
The US Army needs volunteers for a human cryogenic trial. Selected are private Joe Bowers (Wilson), and prostitue Rita (Rudolph)- both chosen because of their complete averageness. Instead of waking up a year later, circumstances beyond their control leave them forgotten in a scrap pile for 500 years. It is in this future world where corporations rule and every one is a complete moron that they discover they are the smartest people alive.

I didn't know what to expect with this low budget film by Mike Judge, but I really enjoyed it. It gets slow at times, but the sheer absurdity (with a hint of truth) makes it very enjoyable. I especially enjoy the scene where Joe has to convince the cabinet to water the crops instead of irrigating with gatorade-type drink Brawndo.

3.5/5

OpIv37
01-24-2007, 09:26 AM
funny- you're the second person that's mentioned Idiocracy this week. I'm gonna have to check that out.

LtFinFan66
01-24-2007, 09:32 AM
I almost picked that up last week

Gunzlingr
01-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Next up is 'The Illusionist'

LtFinFan66
01-24-2007, 09:36 AM
I bought "Saw 3" and "The Guardian" yesterday

Earthquake Enyart
01-24-2007, 09:37 AM
My boy keeps telling me how hilarious Dane Cook is, but I watch him on HBO and I don't think he's all that.

BAM
01-24-2007, 09:52 AM
I saw Idiocracy this weekend and thought it was awesome! I'd probably give it 4/5.

BAM
01-24-2007, 09:52 AM
My boy keeps telling me how hilarious Dane Cook is, but I watch him on HBO and I don't think he's all that.

I don't find him that funny at all really. He has a few moments here and there but is WAYYY overrated IMO.

DraftBoy
01-24-2007, 10:09 AM
I like Employee of the month closer to a 3.25/5,

however Gridiron Gang was amazing, 4.5/5

LtFinFan66
01-24-2007, 10:32 AM
guess I need to watch Gridiron Gang. Had it since last Tuesday

Gunzlingr
01-24-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't find him that funny at all really. He has a few moments here and there but is WAYYY overrated IMO.

Agreed.

He definitely isn't funny as an actor either.

Forward_Lateral
01-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Dane Cook is repetitive and unoriginal. It's the same act over and over and over.

Gets old after about 10 minutes of listening to him, IMO.

Gunzlingr
01-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I like Employee of the month closer to a 3.25/5,

however Gridiron Gang was amazing, 4.5/5

I didn't laugh at all at EotM. I rarely dislike a movie, and this was just below average. Nothing special at all, and I didn't laugh at all - I take that back, I laughed when he asked the security guy if he was named Semi after the truck, or because he was semi-retarded.