PDA

View Full Version : Maybe T.O. wasn't as big a baby as we thought he was in Philly

Mitchy moo
01-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Mcnabb is showing a side we have never seen and obviously other teammates never mentioned. T.O. called him out and got ran out, maybe he wasn't to far from wrong:

It’s hard to go from hero to jerk in one news cycle, but McNabb may have pulled it off.

It’s too bad Terrell Owens isn’t still an Eagle. If he were, at least we’d have someone to blame for the storm clouds once again gathering over that city and that franchise. But unless Donovan McCrabb — I mean McNabb — is channeling T.O., this one is all on the team’s injured quarterback.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16776646/

DraftBoy
01-24-2007, 10:33 AM
What a whiny little punk

mikemac2001
01-24-2007, 11:19 AM
i dont see the problem, he has done everything for that team except win the SB what if kelly was hurt in playoffs and didnt let him go to an away game, how do you think he would feel. If it was me it would hurt.

Mitchy moo
01-24-2007, 11:22 AM
i dont see the problem, he has done everything for that team except win the SB what if kelly was hurt in playoffs and didnt let him go to an away game, how do you think he would feel. If it was me it would hurt.

Did this need to get brought up to the press or the team that set the rules?? From the article:

But talking about it isn’t. That’s what causes T.O.’s problems — talking about his feelings. In sports, you use disappointment and slights — real or imagined — as psychic fuel to drive yourself to prove the s.o.b.’s wrong. But you don’t make them public issues, because when you do, you put yourself ahead of the team.

Jeff1220
01-24-2007, 01:30 PM
I didn't know McNabb even brought this to the media until this article and, to be honest, this article doesn't even have any McNabb quotes to support his overall thesis. This is a reporter trying to make news where there is none.

HHURRICANE
01-24-2007, 02:14 PM
I'll make this easy for everyone. Most of TO's team mates like him. Even in Philly there were plnety of players that didn't want to see him go. TO has a giant ego. Guess what? So does McNabb? McNabb has gotten more benefit of the doubt cards than anyone.

The_Philster
01-24-2007, 02:58 PM
I didn't know McNabb even brought this to the media until this article and, to be honest, this article doesn't even have any McNabb quotes to support his overall thesis. This is a reporter trying to make news where there is none.
That's what it sounds like :scratch:

B-DON
01-24-2007, 03:04 PM
um what is the problem here? i was trying to find something wrong with what mcnabb said but could not find a thing

The_Philster
01-24-2007, 03:09 PM
um what is the problem here? i was trying to find something wrong with what mcnabb said but could not find a thing
the alleged fact that he complained to the media...if in fact he did, he should've known better. That kind of stuff should be kept in-house

DynaPaul
01-24-2007, 04:26 PM
What does it matter? Garcia is testing the free market anyways.

The_Philster
01-24-2007, 04:27 PM
What does it matter? Garcia is testing the free market anyways.
Last I heard (just a few days ago on Total Access) he wanted to stay in Philly

DynaPaul
01-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Last I heard (just a few days ago on Total Access) he wanted to stay in Philly

He said today in the news that he wants to see what free agency has for him.

gil
01-24-2007, 04:37 PM
I know it's the off-season and all, but this is weak - the guy hasn't said one thing publicly, where's the story?

B-DON
01-24-2007, 04:40 PM
I know it's the off-season and all, but this is weak - the guy hasn't said one thing publicly, where's the story?

Thank You!!! This is the weakest excuse for a story i have ever seen. get off the guys back. There cant honestly be one guy on this board who woud take garcia over McNabb. End of Story. McNabb has class and has earned the right in this league to say what ever the hell he wants. I was expectin much worse when i began to read the sotry.

Mitchy moo
01-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Well Mcnabb usually shuts his mouth, at least never gets caught talking anyways. I personally think he maybe the backstabber that T.O. said he was, which means T.O was right. T.O. being wronged for real is a story in itself.

The_Philster
01-24-2007, 04:41 PM
He said today in the news that he wants to see what free agency has for him.
damn.....sounds like a woman...can't make up his mind :D

texasphinsfan
01-24-2007, 04:45 PM
damn.....sounds like a woman...can't make up his mind :D
HEY-O!

lol....

anyway, i have to give McNabb the benefit of the doubt here. For starters, he has never opened his mouth before, even while enduring all the T.O. bullcrap. Whats more, he's in a precarious position right now and there was issues about his mother brought in as well.

He's allowed to talk about dissatisfaction with a situation.

Until i see a direct quote that sounds like crying, i will render him innocent.