PDA

View Full Version : Question on Attendance

patmoran2006
01-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Got a serious question if anyone knows the answer. I'm tryin to do some research.

Does anybody remember the last time before this year that the Bills had four blackouts in one season?

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-24-2007, 01:25 PM
I would start looking somewhere in the mid-80s. Funny thing, there were 7 blackouts total in the NFL this year.

jamze132
01-25-2007, 07:41 AM
I would start looking somewhere in the mid-80s. Funny thing, there were 7 blackouts total in the NFL this year.
You can thank Donahoe for 4 of them. Not Levy.

patmoran2006
01-25-2007, 09:18 AM
I wasnt thanking anybody, I was just asking if anyone could remember what year was the last time we had that many blackouts.

BillsFever21
01-25-2007, 10:31 AM
You can thank Donahoe for 4 of them. Not Levy.

How is it Donahoe's fault for the blackouts. He did a great job marketing this team and our seats were always hopping. It's no coincidence that we can't sell out after he left.

It's funny that some give Donahoe no credit for some improvement we showed this year even though all the good young core players we have that we producing were brought in by Donahoe but it's only his fault that we couldn't sell out our home games.

BillsFever21
01-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Was Donahoe the one who went out and signed a bunch of backups and thrown away trash from other teams this year? A collection of castoffs that didn't make any major impact on our team this year.

Around 20+ million dollars in average cap space a year for a collection of castoff nobodies that won't make an impact on our team. This is the new strategy of the Bills.

Instead of signing stud impact starters for 6 million or so a year and replacing the backup positions with cheap draft picks our strategy is to sign a bunch of multiple backups for 2.5 million a year or so.

Instead of paying impact starters the big bucks and finding cheap backups for a million a year the way most teams do we just go cheap and sign a bunch of backup players for 2-3 times what we could get them for.

We paid out around 30 million dollars last season in signing bonuses for a bunch of castoffs that will never make an impact on our team and will probably be gone in another year or two. I guess that's the better strategy then spending 30 million in signing bonuses for 3 impact players that can produce for 5 years or so.

Mitchy moo
01-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Was Donahoe the one who went out and signed a bunch of backups and thrown away trash from other teams this year? A collection of castoffs that didn't make any major impact on our team this year.

Around 20+ million dollars in average cap space a year for a collection of castoff nobodies that won't make an impact on our team. This is the new strategy of the Bills.

Instead of signing stud impact starters for 6 million or so a year and replacing the backup positions with cheap draft picks our strategy is to sign a bunch of multiple backups for 2.5 million a year or so.

Instead of paying impact starters the big bucks and finding cheap backups for a million a year the way most teams do we just go cheap and sign a bunch of backup players for 2-3 times what we could get them for.

We paid out around 30 million dollars last season in signing bonuses for a bunch of castoffs that will never make an impact on our team and will probably be gone in another year or two. I guess that's the better strategy then spending 30 million in signing bonuses for 3 impact players that can produce for 5 years or so.

Your hitting the nail on the head here, pay for the right players.

OpIv37
01-25-2007, 11:46 AM

I agree- the only thing I have to say in Levy's defense is that we kinda got hosed by the CBA situation- it didn't look like we were going to have cap room, and by the time we found out what the 06 cap was, most of the impact players were gone.

That being said, this strategy of signing retreads and second stringers cuz we couldn't get the guy we want has got to go (ie giving Denny 10 million cuz we couldn't get Idonije from the Bears).

jamze132
01-26-2007, 06:37 AM
How is it Donahoe's fault for the blackouts. He did a great job marketing this team and our seats were always hopping. It's no coincidence that we can't sell out after he left.

It's funny that some give Donahoe no credit for some improvement we showed this year even though all the good young core players we have that we producing were brought in by Donahoe but it's only his fault that we couldn't sell out our home games.

I'll give Donahow credit for putting together a core of somewhat good players, ultimately it was his fault that the fanbase was turned off. I can't blame marv what what he did last postseason. It's not like he had the ability to sign anyone in the free agent maket he wanted. Besides, he didn't even know what he already had on the roster.

The fans are tired of losing and they spoke up last season with the blackouts. Let's give Marv a chance to place a winning prodcut on the field.

Jeff1220
01-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Donahoe definitely brought in some good players, but let's not forget that he started this trend of bringing in no names on the cheap, then giving a master sales pitch to the fans that these same nobodies were going to be the difference makers the team needed to become the next big thing.