PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills announce ticket prices for 2007 season

Michael82
01-24-2007, 11:19 AM
The Bills today announced their ticket prices for the 2007 NFL season in Ralph Wilson Stadium. The average price for a Buffalo Bills season ticket will be $46.45 - nearly $16.00 less than the 2006 NFL average ticket price and approximately five dollars more than Buffalo's 2006 average.

Season ticket prices will increase to $60 in the Lower Level Sideline area and $54 in the Upper Level Center (rows 1-20) area. For fans sitting in the Lower Level Sideline Ends (between the 10-yard line and the end zone) season tickets increase to $54. Bills tickets remain the most affordable sideline seat in the NFL and nearly $30 less than the NFL average (88.09 in 2006).

Ticket prices in nine of the 12 seating areas in Ralph Wilson Stadium will see a minimal increase of $3 or less.

Ticket prices in the 'Rock Pile' will remain at $27. Tickets in the 200 Level Corners/Endzone Tunnel side and the Upper Level Center (rows 21-38) increase one dollar.

Individual game prices for areas of lower demand have dropped or seen minimal increases for 2007. Individual game ticket prices for the Upper Deck Corners will decrease to $42. The Scoreboard End Zone seats are increasing one dollar to $46.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4580

Mitchy moo
01-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Well there goes my dream of season tickets, $6 More ughh.

Michael82
01-24-2007, 11:22 AM
That's not too bad. Mine only went up $30 for the year. :up:

BAM
01-24-2007, 11:25 AM
So does this mean we'll be around for the 2007 season, Ralph?

Mitchy moo
01-24-2007, 11:27 AM

One might safely assume that.

BAM
01-24-2007, 11:28 AM
I remember reading something that had him quoted as saying I can't guarantee anything past the 2006 season or something to that effect. What an old windbag!

Michael82
01-24-2007, 11:34 AM
yeah, we'll be around. And we'll be sitting in the Ralph enjoying our new High Def JumboTron. :drool:

:clap:

OpIv37
01-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Someday I'll have seasons.

It's not the cost of the tickets. It's the cost of food, gas, lodging, time off and wear and tear on my car for eight 800+ mile round trips in a four month period.

mybills
01-24-2007, 01:05 PM
yeah, we'll be around. And we'll be sitting in the Ralph enjoying our new High Def JumboTron. :drool:

Weren't they supposed to add one on the other end?

Michael82
01-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Weren't they supposed to add one on the other end?
I'm not sure. I know they are replacing the current one.

The_Philster
01-24-2007, 02:50 PM
That's not too bad. Mine only went up $30 for the year. :up:
Yeah...not bad...WGR scared me...they were talking about tickets that sold for $43 going up to $60 :wtf: Still a good price...but that's a significant increase

Bill Brasky
01-24-2007, 06:42 PM
it'll be interesting to see how tickets sell this year when the schedule comes out. raising prices after a terrible year at the gate is a risky move, esp if the team tanks...

Dr. Lecter
01-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Looks like mine will be $60 a game.

Michael82
01-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Looks like mine will be $60 a game.
That's a pretty big jump. :shocked:

SquishDaFish
01-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Im trying to convince the wife into letting me spend the rest of our tax money on 2 seats. I wish they has a paymwnt plan of like 6-8 payments LMAO

Dr. Lecter
01-24-2007, 09:12 PM
That's a pretty big jump. :shocked:

That is not the jump it is the price.

Besides I am moving this year.

"Movin' on up, to the sky-hi, got a deluxe seat on the 50-yard line"

BAM
01-24-2007, 09:43 PM

It's not the cost of the tickets. It's the cost of food, gas, lodging, time off and wear and tear on my car for eight 800+ mile round trips in a four month period.

Amen brother I hear you on this one!

clumping platelets
01-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Eb and I will pay $40 more each..............it's worth it to me..........I want the team to stay

chubluv
01-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Eb and I will pay $40 more each..............it's worth it to me..........I want the team to stay

What did you pay last year?

clumping platelets
01-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Ours went from $42 to $46

Michael82
01-25-2007, 03:19 AM

Michael82
01-25-2007, 03:20 AM
I'm actually interested in seeing if any of the people near midfield will choose to not renew because of the big price increase. if they do, I'm going to look into putting my name on a list to move. :up:

jamze132
01-25-2007, 06:50 AM
I still wish I lived in Buffalo. I will try to get stationed at Ft. Drum when I leave Italy. Then I can buy tickets in between trips to Iraq!

Billsrock4life
01-25-2007, 07:58 AM
thnx for the news Mikey........I hope to get 2 atleast one game this year. When i go down to Buffalo this summer I'll try and get tickets then.

TedMock
01-25-2007, 08:07 AM

Yuck. Don't drive. Southwest is $49 each way. The only down side is that you have to fly out of BWI, but even that's not too bad. Having said that, I don't think I'm renewing mine this year. Not because I don't want to, but because I now have a much bigger house (which equals much bigger mortgage) and a child going on two (which means she's gotten more expensive). I do have the NFL and NHL packages via DirecTV and I'll still make 2, or so games this year plus the one in Washington. I sold most of my seasons last year after we bought the house. It wasn't tough to do. I'm also not sure if I can renew my Maryland seasons either. Eventually I'll have them all again.

Bill Brasky
01-25-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm actually interested in seeing if any of the people near midfield will choose to not renew because of the big price increase. if they do, I'm going to look into putting my name on a list to move. :up:

this is my gameplan! i'm betting there will be many cheapskates that jump ship. and eventhough we have an awesome schedule this year i wouldn't be surprised to see blackouts. once this team proves it's a playoff team, the cheapskates will come back in droves.

i don't think the price increases are justified because our team has sucked for almost a decade now... but people need to realize we are one of 32 cities lucky enough to not only have a team, but we also have the cheapest ticket prices in the league... people in wny need to stop their constant *****ing and enjoy what they have instead of constantly dwelling on the negatives.

Michael82
01-25-2007, 11:08 AM
this is my gameplan! i'm betting there will be many cheapskates that jump ship. and eventhough we have an awesome schedule this year i wouldn't be surprised to see blackouts. once this team proves it's a playoff team, the cheapskates will come back in droves.

i don't think the price increases are justified because our team has sucked for almost a decade now... but people need to realize we are one of 32 cities lucky enough to not only have a team, but we also have the cheapest ticket prices in the league... people in wny need to stop their constant *****ing and enjoy what they have instead of constantly dwelling on the negatives.
Great post, man! :bf1:

but i will say this, for Ralph to raise the prices after another losing season and 4 blackouts, he better spend the money this year and bring in the talent that is needed.

Bill Brasky
01-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Great post, man! :bf1:

but i will say this, for Ralph to raise the prices after another losing season and 4 blackouts, he better spend the money this year and bring in the talent that is needed.
well, if he expects people to pay more after 8 years of a terrible product, he better put a team on the field that will get to the playoffs or at least sign some big draw names so people have a reason to come out.

also, here are some more details:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070125/1019395.asp

The season-ticket price for fans between roughly the 15-yard lines in the lower bowl will rise from $470 for a 10-game package to $600. That's $13 a game more, or an increase of 27.7 percent. The fans sitting in the best seats in the upper deck - the first 20 rows in the middle four sections - will pay 22.7 percent more, with season tickets rising to $540 from $440, or $10 a game.
Those sitting higher in the upper deck or in the end zones won't face much of a rise. Ticket prices in nine of the 12 seating areas in the stadium will see an increase of $3 per game or less.

seems really stupid for them to have their biggest raise in almost 2 decades come after a season with 4 blackouts while everybody is "spending money on the sabres"

this is a very risky move.

Michael82
01-26-2007, 03:51 PM
well, if he expects people to pay more after 8 years of a terrible product, he better put a team on the field that will get to the playoffs or at least sign some big draw names so people have a reason to come out.

seems really stupid for them to have their biggest raise in almost 2 decades come after a season with 4 blackouts while everybody is "spending money on the sabres"

It is a VERY risky move. I hope it doesn't mean anything other than he just had to do it.... :pray:

Cntrygal
01-26-2007, 11:21 PM
I'll spend a few extra bucks if I'm a bit closer this season for the opener. :pray:

Every year we've gotten further away from the field. :(

PromoTheRobot
01-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Im trying to convince the wife into letting me spend the rest of our tax money on 2 seats. I wish they has a paymwnt plan of like 6-8 payments LMAO
They do have a 3-monthly payment plan.

PTR

PromoTheRobot
01-27-2007, 12:50 PM

But it will be a good home schedule to draw fans. Giants and Cowboys will sellout immediately. Why not milk it? Hey, there's no guarentee the Sabres are going to stay good, and the Bills will always be numero uno in Buffalo.

PTR

G. Host
01-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Yuck. Don't drive. Southwest is $49 each way. The only down side is that you have to fly out of BWI, but even that's not too bad..
Only? I have done that in winter.
An hour minimum to drive to BWI (even longer if you try to take Metro to Rail to Bus to BWI. Parking. Shuttle to airport from parking lot. Waiting for ticket. Security. Waiting for plane. Waiting to depart. Getting a rental car.

Not very easy anymore nor cheap when you add in parking, taxes, rental car, etc and you do not save much time except in Winter when planes are on time and roads are ok.

Season tickets are not even an option for me anymore. Need to work half the weekends and need to give notice of days off for year in beginning of year. If I get lucky the game will be a home game when I have that weekend off and I do not need to work Monday.

Michael82
01-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Seeing how this was the biggest price increase in 17 years....anyone else think that the parking and concessions will increase also? $20 for parking, anyone? :ill:

Dont drink the water
01-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Would not be surprised to hear parking increased.

Has it been posted what raise in price club seat holders are getting?

Has anyone seen the new map of stadium which shows the new ticket price zones?

Jan Reimers
01-29-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm happy about the increase. It will generate more revenue, which the Bills desperately need, especially in light of the uncertainty surrounding the proposed revenue sharing agreement.

No one should complain, as we still have the lowest ticket prices in the league. In fact, everyone ought to suck it up and renew, or buy season tix if you don't currently have them.

Ultimately, only local ownership will keep the Bills in Buffalo. But a full stadium with people paying an appropriate price for their seat, just might get a local buyer a little more interested.

Michael82
01-29-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm happy about the increase. It will generate more revenue, which the Bills desperately need, especially in light of the uncertainty surrounding the proposed revenue sharing agreement.

No one should complain, as we still have the lowest ticket prices in the league. In fact, everyone ought to suck it up and renew, or buy season tix if you don't currently have them.

Ultimately, only local ownership will keep the Bills in Buffalo. But a full stadium with people paying an appropriate price for their seat, just might get a local buyer a little more interested.
Good post. I'm renewing and looking to see if any of the really good seats open up. :drool:

Typ0
01-29-2007, 12:17 PM

sounds good if it would get the job done but the relevance is minimal IMO. The team staying is more a question of opportunity cost in television revenues and merchandising.