PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Takeo Spikes

Michael82
03-06-2003, 03:10 PM
Linebacker Takeo Spikes was in Buffalo for a visit today. He met with the Buffalo media (WNSA carried the interview) and this is what he had to say:

1. The Buffalo Bills fans made him feel welcome at the last Bills' home game. Spikes said that you always want to be somewhere where the fans want you and he feels that the Bills' fans want him here. He said that the fans made the game feel like it was a home game.

2. Takeo Spikes is friends with LT Jonas Jennings. They grew up together and talked to eachother all the time. He has also talked to Eric Moulds a couple other players.

3. Spikes likes everything about the Bills and really likes the coaches, especially Gregg Williams. "I like the way Gregg Williams runs the team."

4. Ralph Wilson met with him today and the two of them talked. He also talked to Dick Lebeau recently.

5. He wants to play the Weakside Linebacker position and feels he can really help the Bills.

6. Spikes is staying all day today and will workout and have a physical. He might stay through tomorrow because he wants to walk around and familiarize himself with the new surroundings and "get a feeling of home."

7. Takeo Spikes would be excited to play here and already likes it here a lot.

8. Finally, Spikes also said he expects the Bills to submit an offer to him shortly.

Pride
03-06-2003, 03:12 PM
cha ching!!

Schobel94
03-06-2003, 03:14 PM
BOOYA!!! My gut tells me he's as good as ours. This would be the biggest thing since... getting Bledsoe... hmmm... we seem to be getting lots out of our offseasons lately.

lordofgun
03-06-2003, 03:14 PM
:pray: Please God, don't let the Bengals match! :pray:

Michael82
03-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Here it is guys....I hope you like it! With everything that I heard....I think that Spikes will be signed to an offer tonight or tomorrow morning. He will be a Bill next week! :party:

Apparently, the Bengals HC was saying that he would like to change Spikes to a MLB and I think that is why Spikes mentioned that he would like to play the WLB spot. :D

Brian H
03-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Was it me or did one of the media say he wants to come to Buffalo really bad he should just sign? lol

SoCalBillsFan
03-06-2003, 03:19 PM
:up:

awesome!

Spikes jersey would be sweet....

Romes
03-06-2003, 03:19 PM
Good work Mike! :up:

Log, I'm praying with you. :pray:

BillsNYC
03-06-2003, 03:21 PM
this is awesome!!

THIS IS REALLY AWESOME!!!!

SPKES AND FLETCHER!!!!! ITS LIKE BENNET AND TALLEY ALL OVER AGAIN...BUT EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJamezz
03-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Dammit!! I step away for a few minutes and miss the interview...

But you can bet your ass I won't be missing this... C'mon TD!!!!

http://www.billszone.com/jjamezz/spikes-pc.jpg

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2003, 03:22 PM
With all the hype and everything, I sure hope he doesn't flop for us next season. Otherwise I'd be sooooo embarassed, with my sig and all....

justasportsfan
03-06-2003, 03:23 PM
If the Bengals match, do we get to make another offer?

Brian H
03-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Great Pic JJ,I made that my new wallpaper........

Billz_fan
03-06-2003, 03:24 PM
OMG

:pray:

I may cry,

no.....I might get drunk, Oh man please get him singed TD, and oh Lord, give the Bengals the strength to walk away from the deal entirely :D

:pray:

Michael82
03-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Come on TD....get this deal done! And God...please stop the Bengals from matching the Bills. :pray:

I will be saying a prayer tonight and every night until he becomes a Bill! :D

shadowfax
03-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by BillsNYC
this is awesome!!

THIS IS REALLY AWESOME!!!!

SPKES AND FLETCHER!!!!! ITS LIKE BENNET AND TALLEY ALL OVER AGAIN...BUT EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
03-06-2003, 03:42 PM
JJamez, it would be cool if Spikes ever saw your signature.

lordofgun
03-06-2003, 03:43 PM
They can see his stuff. Just tell them to get their butts over here and look. ;)

Brian H
03-06-2003, 03:46 PM
:wave: Takeo

Michael82
03-06-2003, 03:53 PM
My gut feeling....

This deal will be signed either tonight or tomorrow and will include too big of a signing bonus for cheap ole Mike Brown to match! They will take the whole week...but it will be worth the wait! Spikes will be a Bill! :up:

Lebeau will sign with Buffalo next week and reveal that he helped recruit Spikes. :D

Aero II
03-06-2003, 03:55 PM
PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE
:pray: :hail: :pray: :hail: :pray:

Michael82
03-06-2003, 04:26 PM
PLEASE.... :pray:

RedEyE
03-06-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

4. ..........He also talked to Dick Lebeau recently.

I like this comment a lot. Obtaining Spikes should have a huge impact on Lebeau.

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-06-2003, 04:38 PM
:pray::hail::hump:

MissBuffalo
03-06-2003, 04:44 PM
OMG this is soooooooo great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pray: Please, please pretty please!!!!! :pray:

Tatonka
03-06-2003, 04:52 PM
i would love to have spikes here, but read today (no i dont have a link) that cincy doesnt want to let spikes walk still, and i also read that TD said he does not have any intention of having takeo sign a contract with a "poison pill", meaning have it be a contract with some crazy options taht would make cincy unable to match the offer.

i am keeping my fingers crossed, but i am not super hopeful. td is shrewd with his money too, so i am not sure that he can or will put together a contract that the bengals would be scared to match.. really i think it comes down to spikes telling cincy, if you match, i wont play for you, i dont want to play for you, i think this organization sucks. if you match i still wont sign with you, i will just hold out.

i think that is the only thing that gets this done.

ublinkwescore
03-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Spikes, if you ever read this before all this ever gets resolved, tell Cincy the next time you talk to them, that you will under no circumstances play another down in your NFL career in orange and black, and that they might as well just let you become a Bill, and concentrate on building that team with other personell.

TD, get on the ball with Price and Atlanta NOW!!! (or as soon as Takeo signs your offer sheet).

shelby
03-06-2003, 05:34 PM
i want Spikes....he is amazing.
i hope TD can work his magic:pray:

But it frightens me to read this:

originally posted by Mikey90210

3. Spikes likes everything about the Bills and really likes the coaches, especially Gregg Williams. "I like the way Gregg Williams runs the team."

Doesn't that scare y'all, just a little bit?!?!?!
:eek:

Romes
03-06-2003, 05:41 PM
It doens't scare me. It actually gives me confidence that GW might be doing something right.