PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Bills strategy starts with...

JPFBillsFan
01-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Out with the OLD WILLIS
In with the NEW WILLIS
Patrick that is.........

Already people talking about how he has impressed more than D Ryans (Texans) and he is Ryans was very good this year....

If Brady Quinn is there at 12 I say we trade back to 16 with Carolina for something useful and draft Willis at 16.

Thoughts

ParanoidAndroid
01-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Carolina drafts at #14. They know we aren't taking Quinn and STL isn't about to take Quinn either.
It's difficult to speculate trades at this early stage, but I'm pretty sure that one is a no-go.

patmoran2006
01-24-2007, 10:21 PM
YOu lost me when you suggested Brady Quinn may be there at #12.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-25-2007, 06:48 AM
Out with the OLD WILLIS
In with the NEW WILLIS
Patrick that is.........

Already people talking about how he has impressed more than D Ryans (Texans) and he is Ryans was very good this year....

If Brady Quinn is there at 12 I say we trade back to 16 with Carolina for something useful and draft Willis at 16.

Thoughts

Quinn won't be on the board at # 5, let alone # 12, and Carolina needs a MLB as badly as we do with Dan Morgan's questionable health and no Witherspoon.

If the Bills decide that Okoye is too small or fill their need for a 1-gap DT through free agency, Willis may very well be the pick at # 12. Then, it all depends on whether they choose to draft a MLB or move Crowell to MLB and draft a play-making OLB and, if they decide to draft a MLB, how they feel about Willis' background and personality in comparison to Posluzny's (if they decide to add an OLB instead, the pick could be Timmons from Fla. St.). I don't know enough about Willis to say how he stacks up in the intangibles against Posluzny--Posluzny is definitely a Marv Levy kind of guy, but Willis seems to be more suited physically to what the Bills seem to want in a MLB.

jamze132
01-25-2007, 07:05 AM
To be honest, I would be suprised if Willis McGahee isn't our featue back next year.