X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

possible replacements if clements leaves

Brian Kelly - Tampa Bay (TB signed Phillip Buchannon and is most likely to cut him due to his large cap figure...has played in the cover 2 for many years)

Nick Harper - Indianapolis (Another player with cover 2 experience who more than likely wont be resigned...im pretty sure hes a FA can anyone confrim?)

David Macklin - Arizona (most likely wont be too expensive, smart veteran who played in the cover 2 in indianapolis)

Charles Tillman - Chicago (once again im pretty sure hes a FA, he was drafted by jauron and has played in the cover 2, a very expereiced young corner)

hey dont rip on me just throwin some names out there
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: possible replacements if clements leaves

I dont think Tillman is FA. But Harper wouldnt be a bad addition.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I think Ricky Manning is the FA CB from Chicago- I'd like to have him.

Asante Samuel is out there but he doesn't have Cover 2 experience and probably won't be much cheaper than Clements.

None of those guys are spectacular but they're all better replacements for Clements than anyone currently on our roster. I'd like to see Youboty take his lumps at nickel before we have to put him in a starting role. He's completely unproven at this point.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

Asante Samuel is out there but he doesn't have Cover 2 experience and probably won't be much cheaper than Clements.

None of those guys are spectacular but they're all better replacements for Clements than anyone currently on our roster. I'd like to see Youboty take his lumps at nickel before we have to put him in a starting role. He's completely unproven at this point.
        So is Ricky Manning an FA? im seeing that he is on one site,,,, but not on others...

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

It appears that he was just signed away from Chicago. I'm not sure of the length of the contract, but I can't imagine it was for only one year given his talent and youth.
          I was fooled by the same site that listed him.
          Apparently, he's not a very nice person either.
          On April 23, 2006 Ricky Manning, Jr. attacked a man, Soroush Sabzi [1], in a Denny's restaurant after teasing him for working on a laptop computer.[2] He was charged with assault with a deadly weapon after allegedly fighting a man and eventually pled no contest to felony assault. Manning faced up to four years in prison because of a previous assault charge in 2002, for which he received probation.
          According to the police report, Manning and former UCLA teammates, Tyler Ebell and Maurice Jones-Drew bullied a student sitting at another table. Manning confronted the student with "Are you a f****t?", "You ****ing Jew," and then called him "an ugly ****ing Jew" and a "f****t." The student asked to be left alone and the football players beat him unconscious.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by andyxc71
            It appears that he was just signed away from Chicago. I'm not sure of the length of the contract, but I can't imagine it was for only one year given his talent and youth.
            I was fooled by the same site that listed him.
            Apparently, he's not a very nice person either.
            On April 23, 2006 Ricky Manning, Jr. attacked a man, Soroush Sabzi [1], in a Denny's restaurant after teasing him for working on a laptop computer.[2] He was charged with assault with a deadly weapon after allegedly fighting a man and eventually pled no contest to felony assault. Manning faced up to four years in prison because of a previous assault charge in 2002, for which he received probation.
            According to the police report, Manning and former UCLA teammates, Tyler Ebell and Maurice Jones-Drew bullied a student sitting at another table. Manning confronted the student with "Are you a f****t?", "You ****ing Jew," and then called him "an ugly ****ing Jew" and a "f****t." The student asked to be left alone and the football players beat him unconscious.
            You beat me to posting this.

No way Marv Levy, a Jewish person, will sign an anti-Semite.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

I'd like to see Youboty take his lumps at nickel before we have to put him in a starting role. He's completely unproven at this point.
              ding ding ding. Youboty may be a great player. But I just can't see naming him as Clements' replacement at this point. He has like 1 game of NFL experience. I've got to think that if he was really showing skills in practice he'd have been dressing for a few more games.

I'm fine with listing him as the nickel back, but very uncomfortable making him an every down cover guy. It'd be different if McGee was leaving and we still had Clements. One very solid corner (Clements) and one unproven one (Youboty) is liveable. But one average CB (McGee) and one unproven one (Youboty) would be scary.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• B-DON
                hi
                • Mar 2004

As long as we dont keep K.Thomas i will be happy which ever way we go. I cant find one reason people on this board think he is even decent. I never even noticed him on the field, ever! Someone please explain why some are high on him

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by B-DON
                  As long as we dont keep K.Thomas i will be happy which ever way we go. I cant find one reason people on this board think he is even decent. I never even noticed him on the field, ever! Someone please explain why some are high on him
                  K. Thomas was actually a very good corner in the slot for us this year and was one of the reasons we had such good pass D. He should be re-signed.

Comment

• B-DON
                    hi
                    • Mar 2004

i honestly dont think our cbs played well at all with the excepyion of clements. thomas never stoodout. i know third corners dont standout every game but i cant think of one play the guy made all year

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by B-DON
                      i honestly dont think our cbs played well at all with the excepyion of clements. thomas never stoodout. i know third corners dont standout every game but i cant think of one play the guy made all year
                      Well thats because he usually had good coverage. So no plays to be made.

Comment

• Kerr
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

I like Brian Kelly of the bunch. I also think Tory James of the Bengals wouldn't do so bad in the cover 2.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                          !?!?!?!?!?
                          • Mar 2006

i like all of those guys except Nick Harper

Comment

• B-DON
                            hi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
                            Well thats because he usually had good coverage. So no plays to be made.
                            not good enough to get many if any picks. great coverage though.

Comment

• texasphinsfan
                              • Mar 2004

i said this in the other thread, but i'll re-iterate it here.

Samuel will cost more than Clements... he just had a career year and led the league in INTs, plus had those HUGE and visible plays in the playoffs.. IMO he costs more than Clements. so count him out

Manning Jr. is a limited-production guy. he isn't an every-down player... just in nickel situations (or is it dime? correct me if i'm wrong), not to mention he is not as skilled as Clements, worse on run defense, and has a criminal record (tendencies?).

i'd rather have Clements over Manning, and Samuel will cost more..... is my point i'm trying to make here.

Comment

Working...
                              X