PDA

View Full Version : Yes, we want Spikes and he wants us, but...

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2003, 03:30 PM
will we really end up getting him?

Bills | Spikes - Maybe Yes, Maybe No - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
11:50 PT: Bengals.com reports just because free agent LB Takeo Spikes is taking an extended visit to the Buffalo Bills, it does not mean he will get an offer sheet presented to him. "Let’s see how the visit goes," said Bills President Tom Donahoe Thursday morning. "He’s here now and staying on through Friday is probably going to be optional and might depend on how it’s going. There is the physical to go through and sitting down with our coaches to get through. We obviously value him. We think he can play all of our (linebacker) spots." Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is also talking about re-structuring contracts if need be to combat the Bills offer, but Donahoe indicated Thursday he isn’t about to do anything gross with the deal in an effort to deter the Bengals from matching.
It scares me to death that the Bengals are considering matching the offer, and TD may back off.

Brian H
03-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Ah damn you killed the mood.........

Romes
03-06-2003, 03:34 PM
TD is a smart man. If he structures the contract right, Spikes will be ours.

(That is what I keep telling myself)

Voltron
03-06-2003, 03:34 PM
So much for Marvin Lewis saying he didn't want players there that didn't want to be there!

Lyin *****!

Romes
03-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Lewis, says they will match any offer. Yet at the same time he brings in Peterson, Hardy and wanted to bring in Barber. He is preparing to loose Spikes. I don't believe him when he says that he will match our offer. He is just trying to scare us away from Spikes.

justasportsfan
03-06-2003, 03:45 PM
If Bengals match is it over or can we make a counter offer again?

lordofgun
03-06-2003, 03:46 PM
Like Lewis has a choice. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows that loser, Mike Brown, calls all the shots. :snicker:

Aero II
03-06-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
If Bengals match is it over or can we make a counter offer again?

It'll be over.

BillsNYC
03-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Aero II

It'll be over.

wow...i didn't know that...thats too bad:xplode:

Michael82
03-06-2003, 03:55 PM
It won't be over! If they match...Spikes will ***** and then force a trade! We will use our new 1st rounder (from Atlanta) and trade it to Cincy for Spikes. :D

But we don't have to worry about this. I really feel that TD will work on a deal that will take too much money out of Mike Brown's pocket...forcing him to say goodbye! :up:

BLeonard
03-06-2003, 04:09 PM
I look at it this way:

Donahoe wouldn't be wasting the time and the week on the offer sheet if he thought Cincy would honestly match.

-Bill

Michael82
03-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Exactly! I think Cincy is just bluffing and trying to save face! They are also trying to scare the Bills off.

Buffarama
03-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Are you sure we only get one chance if they match it? Can anyone else come after him for more? If so, why can't we up the bid?

RedEyE
03-06-2003, 04:28 PM
The thing is nothing is guaranteed. Cincy reserves the right to match any offer that any team puts on the table regardless of whether or not Takeo wants to play for them or not. Just as Buffalo reserves the right not to trade or release Price if the appropriate compensation is not presented. If either Takeo or Peerless hold out they quickly put their career in jeopardy. We all want the Price deal to go through (well most of us anyway) and we all want Spikes in Buffalo, but neither transaction may occur regardless of how frugal TD can be. I hate to admit it.

Michael82
03-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Don't start this negativity crap already! Please....after listening to him today...I'm soo pumped...I want to live in my dream world right now and not be bothered with pessimism. :D

MissBuffalo
03-06-2003, 04:52 PM
:up: Well said Mike. I haven't even heard the interview yet and I'm pumped myself.

RedEyE
03-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Don't start this negativity crap already! Please....after listening to him today...I'm soo pumped...I want to live in my dream world right now and not be bothered with pessimism. :D

Sorry Mike. I'm not at all trying to be pessimistic. I truly beleive that Spikes will be here. I'm just too much a realist sometimes. :tomato:

venis2k1
03-06-2003, 05:11 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Takeo.

The_Philster
03-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE

Sorry Mike. I'm not at all trying to be pessimistic. I truly beleive that Spikes will be here. I'm just too much a realist sometimes. :tomato:

We've already got one of those here...the rest of us should be able to dream. :D

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2003, 09:44 AM
Hmmmmmm I wonder who that might be...:scratch:

I wasn't trying to be pessimistic. God knows I know Spikes as much as any of you do. It's just a occupational hazard for me to consider all of the worst case scenerios. But in the end I have plenty of hope.

Earthquake Enyart
03-07-2003, 09:49 AM
"We think he can play all of our (linebacker) spots" - TD

Read anything into this??? :huh: