PDA

View Full Version : Allstar game and our "SLUG" emblem

kgun12
01-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Ok so the reason for the "SLUG" was cause the new form fitting uniforms would make it hard to put the "buffalo and crossed Sabres" (our 3rd) jersey. Well I am watching the Allstar game and they are wearing the "new look" jersey for next year, the form fitting one and the emblem on the all star jersey is a big as the buffalo and crossed sabres. Folks we have been had into thinking that the slug was because of the newly designed form fitting jersey would make it hard to fit our emblem on it. . Well it's crap, and I hate the slug more than ever! For sure I will NEVER own ANYTHING that has the "SLUG" on it!

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Who cares?

kgun12
01-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Who cares?

I do I think the slug is embarassing!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-24-2007, 07:36 PM
:shutit:

camelcowboy
01-24-2007, 07:39 PM
I do I think the slug is embarassing! waaaaaaaaa

Dr. Lecter
01-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Did anybody hear that the Sabres are currently 1st in the East and 2nd in the NHL, trailing the Predators by only 1 point?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Ok so the reason for the "SLUG" was cause the new form fitting uniforms would make it hard to put the "buffalo and crossed Sabres" (our 3rd) jersey. Well I am watching the Allstar game and they are wearing the "new look" jersey for next year, the form fitting one and the emblem on the all star jersey is a big as the buffalo and crossed sabres. Folks we have been had into thinking that the slug was because of the newly designed form fitting jersey would make it hard to fit our emblem on it. . Well it's crap, and I hate the slug more than ever! For sure I will NEVER own ANYTHING that has the "SLUG" on it!

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Hockey/NHL/BUF_mr0hxulwx96q3jgfzrug.gif:snicker:

kgun12
01-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Did anybody hear that the Sabres are currently 1st in the East and 2nd in the NHL, trailing the Predators by only 1 point?

Hey thanks for the news! :offtopic: :shakeno:

Philagape
01-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I've been lied to. I am so outraged. Yes, I really, really am. Grrr.

im4bflo
01-24-2007, 08:29 PM

You're right!
How many Sabre fans got suckered???

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Enough already with this crying. It is our jersey and that is that.

im4bflo
01-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Enough already with this crying. It is our jersey and that is that.
It's our jersey, but your logo. F the ReebokSLUG!

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Ok who gives a ****? This isn't a fashion show.

Michael82
01-25-2007, 03:24 AM
Great post! I can't wait until I can get ahold of a blank jersey, I'm going to put the old logo right on the crest and trash that slug immediately. We got screwed! :curse:

The worse part is that the Sabres are trying to shove the Slug down our throat by barely even selling the throwback stuff. :mad:

SkateZilla
01-25-2007, 04:32 AM
did we have to start another jersey thread as soon as im4blfo got back?

Michael82
01-25-2007, 05:07 AM
it's proof that im4bflo isn't alone in hating the slug. :up:

BlackMetalNinja
01-25-2007, 05:20 AM
it's proof that im4bflo isn't alone in hating the slug. :up:
And for the 8 millionth time, nobody ever said he was alone!

I think at least 80% of us here have freely admitted that we don't care for the logo... we're just all sick of hearing about it nonstop. It's completely unproductive and there are much better things to talk about at this point than what we're wearing.

Like I said before... I really suggest you guys that won't drop it go start up your own Buffalo Sabres Fashion Forum and ***** and complain to your heart's content!

Michael82
01-25-2007, 05:29 AM
And for the 8 millionth time, nobody ever said he was alone!

I think at least 80% of us here have freely admitted that we don't care for the logo... we're just all sick of hearing about it nonstop. It's completely unproductive and there are much better things to talk about at this point than what we're wearing.

Like I said before... I really suggest you guys that won't drop it go start up your own Buffalo Sabres Fashion Forum and ***** and complain to your heart's content!
:rofl: Again, I say that if the slug talk bothers you...stay out of the slug threads. That would solve the problem. I will make sure I don't ***** about the logo in anything but "slug threads" :up:

BlackMetalNinja
01-25-2007, 05:32 AM
I will make sure I don't ***** about the logo in anything but "slug threads" :up:

You're alone in that theory for the most part however... It constantly creeps into other threads...

kgun12
01-25-2007, 05:38 AM
The ONLY reason I bought it up was the organizations reason for the slug was because the new jersey wouldn't hold the old crest. I accepted (not liked) the slug for that reason. However seeing the allstar logo on the new jersey, there reason they had to go to the slug is crap. I do love the new/old colors and the uniforms, but the slug bothers me. Ilke mikey said if you don't want to talk about the slug, don't!

Dude
01-25-2007, 07:07 AM
:rolleyes:

im4bflo
01-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Oh, you're going to blame this one on me too?
I'm not the only one who hates the damn thing! OBVIOUSLY!
Why don't you guys that got suckered by Reebok get over it?

im4bflo
01-25-2007, 07:23 PM
And if the clique would of left me alone on the 'bickering about the logo thread', you wouldn't have to worry about it, would you?

im4bflo
01-25-2007, 07:25 PM
:rolleyes:
the instigator himself... nice reply :rolleyes:

chernobylwraiths
01-25-2007, 07:43 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=118120

I posted something like this a couple days ago.

I was in the Sabres store with Mikey and Lecter last Friday and didn't see much of the throwback stuff. Whatever though.

Nighthawk
01-25-2007, 08:37 PM

No, I actually thought we were supposed to constantly complain about the logo? You mean, that's not what we're supposed to do? [sarcasm}

Nighthawk
01-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Oh, you're going to blame this one on me too?
I'm not the only one who hates the damn thing! OBVIOUSLY!
Why don't you guys that got suckered by Reebok get over it?

What we need for you to do is have a take on hockey or don't bother posting. I'm sure that if you're as big of a Sabres fan as you say, then you have to have some hockey knowledge...don't you? If so, please talk about that and don't waste space on this website complaining about something that isn't going to change.

im4bflo
01-25-2007, 08:50 PM
What we need for you to do is have a take on hockey or don't bother posting. I'm sure that if you're as big of a Sabres fan as you say, then you have to have some hockey knowledge...don't you? If so, please talk about that and don't waste space on this website complaining about something that isn't going to change.
I suggest that all you complaining about slug threads, STOP reading them!!!
The slug subject, to everyone involved, brings everyone in like a moth to flame, it's a hot topic, everybody's got an opinion, and just can't ignore it, what's wrong with that?
Thank God the games begin again tomorrow.
It's so funny, you Reebok slug clones call me a whiner :snicker2:

im4bflo
01-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I do talk hockey, but for some reason, my slug reply's negate it for some reason.
And, actually, I'd love to come here with some killer news about the Sabres, but I live in CA., and am relying on you guys for that.

BlackMetalNinja
01-25-2007, 10:22 PM
I do talk hockey, but for some reason, my slug reply's negate it for some reason.
And, actually, I'd love to come here with some killer news about the Sabres, but I live in CA., and am relying on you guys for that.

Yes, they do get outweighed by your comments on the logo, because you drag that into everything instead of JUST talking about hockey, hence my complaints for the past several months about just that very thing.

And as far as you not getting news about the Sabres because you're in California.... lame ass excuse, since I'm in North Carolina and don't seem to have any trouble at all following the Sabres. Marvelous thing called the internet that you seem to be at least mildly familiar with... let's you find out about stuff regardless of where you are!

Or, being the superfan that you are and all, perhaps you could get NHL Center Ice like myself and watch the team play, if that wouldn't be too much support for those evil bastards that forced their dreadful new logo upon us like some abominable plague!

Or maybe being able to actually watch your team is too much of a bandwagon thing as well... I'm far too young and ignorant to determine such things for myself, I need long-term, committed, die-hard fans to explain them to me.

Bill Brasky
01-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Ok who gives a ****? This isn't a fashion show.

:rofl:

i hate the damn logo but amen brother!

though, i will say.... if this team was losing, people would be *****ing left and right about the logo. i guarentee it.

but like everyone knows - winning cures all. too bad the bills didn't get that memo.

Dude
01-26-2007, 06:31 AM
And, actually, I'd love to come here with some killer news about the Sabres, but I live in CA., and am relying on you guys for that.Lamest excuse ever.

I don't live in Buffalo anymore, and I have no problem finding news about the team. I have no problem seeing their games. In fact, I'm going to watch them play tonight in Columbus. I support my team.

Go Sabres!!

http://images.sportsline.com/images/nhl/logos/BUF.gif :up:

kgun12
01-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Just to clarify, this thread wasn't started as much to complain about the slug as much as it was to complain as to why they went to the slug! I know the slug is here to stay, and it's selling well. I just don't understand why they had to use the lame excuss, that the original logo wouldn't fit on the new uniforms coming out next year. After looking at them in the allstar game, it clearly would have fit.

Philagape
01-26-2007, 01:06 PM
I want to see a link that proves the team's reason for creating a new logo was because the old one wouldn't fit on the new jerseys. That doesn't make sense to me.

Michael82
01-26-2007, 01:25 PM
though, i will say.... if this team was losing, people would be *****ing left and right about the logo. i guarentee it.

but like everyone knows - winning cures all. too bad the bills didn't get that memo.

And that's the thing that bothers me and im4bflo the most. We know how Buffalo fans are. If the Sabres weren't hot or any good, there's no way in hell that the Sabres fans would have welcomed the slug as much as they have. There is no way that they would have scooped up every little bit of slug gear as fast as they did. They would have *****ed like crazy and we might have won out. The old logo might have come back. We'll never know.

Dude
01-26-2007, 01:27 PM
We'll never know.And that, my friend, is why the endless griping is a waste of time.

Philagape
01-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Another point is the reality of uniform design. Its primary purpose in modern times is to sell merchandise. Most sports teams change their uniforms frequently; the Sabres have had three in 12 years. The minority that don't tend to be the oldest franchises with the most tradition.
Now, with the frequency of uniform changes comes the inevitability that some of them will be ugly. If they are, the fan has a choice: to sacrifice their own preferences and tastes in the name of supporting the team; or to be a stubborn old coot and shake their fist into the wind in a futile rebellion. I choose the former, because to do the latter would be a naive denial of reality.
In our case, the reality is the slug is here to stay, at least until the next major overhaul. It's undeniable that fan demand has been overwhelming, resulting in lengthy shortages of jerseys. These fans buy the merchandise NOT because they like the slug, but to support the team in ways they always have before. Their attitude is, "I love my team so much I'm willing to accept ugliness to support them." It's a selfless attitude, which is the definition of love. Because of the love that Sabres fans have for their team, the popularity of the new jersey shouldn't be surprising at all.
Only the Sabres have the right to determine what their uniforms will look like and how they want to be represented. It's not a democracy. And they've made their choice.
And the fact that the Sabres are winning just clarifies what's really important about the team. Fans who buy stuff only because they're winning are putting their celebration of success before their own aesthetic tastes. That's what real fans should do.
Would the slug have bombed if we were losing? Maybe, but I'll take winning every time. Nothing about winning "bothers" me.

Michael82
01-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Another point is the reality of uniform design. Its primary purpose in modern times is to sell merchandise. Most sports teams change their uniforms frequently; the Sabres have had three in 12 years. The minority that don't tend to be the oldest franchises with the most tradition.
Now, with the frequency of uniform changes comes the inevitability that some of them will be ugly. If they are, the fan has a choice: to sacrifice their own preferences and tastes in the name of supporting the team; or to be a stubborn old coot and shake their fist into the wind in a futile rebellion. I choose the former, because to do the latter would be a naive denial of reality.
In our case, the reality is the slug is here to stay, at least until the next major overhaul. It's undeniable that fan demand has been overwhelming, resulting in lengthy shortages of jerseys. These fans buy the merchandise NOT because they like the slug, but to support the team in ways they always have before. Their attitude is, "I love my team so much I'm willing to accept ugliness to support them." It's a selfless attitude, which is the definition of love. Because of the love that Sabres fans have for their team, the popularity of the new jersey shouldn't be surprising at all.
Only the Sabres have the right to determine what their uniforms will look like and how they want to be represented. It's not a democracy. And they've made their choice.
And the fact that the Sabres are winning just clarifies what's really important about the team. Fans who buy stuff only because they're winning are putting their celebration of success before their own aesthetic tastes. That's what real fans should do.
Would the slug have bombed if we were losing? Maybe, but I'll take winning every time. Nothing about winning "bothers" me.
Good post! It also means something when the 3rd jerseys are sold out too. Hell, the Sabres are now selling All-Star Briere, Campbell and Miller jerseys just because they now people want a Sabres jersey.

RockStar36
01-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Anyone realize that personalized all-star jerseys are over 400? That's insane.

Michael82
01-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Anyone realize that personalized all-star jerseys are over 400? That's insane.
Didn't you see my post? I was at the store last week and checked the price on the replicas and authentics of the new Reebok All-Star jerseys and they were $140 for the replicas.... and $349 for the authentic. It appears those will be the new prices for Sabres jerseys next year. The replicas looked like replicas too, compared to the current sweet replicas that still have the sewn on patches and numbers, the new replicas dont and it looks cheaper.

RockStar36
01-26-2007, 02:30 PM
That sucks. I have a red 3rd jersey replica that looks badass with the sewn on patches. I need to get a few new Bills jerseys first anyways.

im4bflo
01-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Yes, they do get outweighed by your comments on the logo, because you drag that into everything instead of JUST talking about hockey, hence my complaints for the past several months about just that very thing.

And as far as you not getting news about the Sabres because you're in California.... lame ass excuse, since I'm in North Carolina and don't seem to have any trouble at all following the Sabres. Marvelous thing called the internet that you seem to be at least mildly familiar with... let's you find out about stuff regardless of where you are!

Or, being the superfan that you are and all, perhaps you could get NHL Center Ice like myself and watch the team play, if that wouldn't be too much support for those evil bastards that forced their dreadful new logo upon us like some abominable plague!

Or maybe being able to actually watch your team is too much of a bandwagon thing as well... I'm far too young and ignorant to determine such things for myself, I need long-term, committed, die-hard fans to explain them to me.

Thanks for the love, sunshine. You must be the #1 Sabre fan :hail:sunshine

BlackMetalNinja
01-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the love, sunshine. You must be the #1 Sabre fan :hail:sunshine

Your witty and enlightening responses just continue to amaze me!

im4bflo
01-26-2007, 07:04 PM
:rofl:

i hate the damn logo but amen brother!

Exactly, it's so simple, it's stupid.

BlackMetalNinja
01-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Exactly, it's so simple, it's stupid.

So seriously, what's your answer... everybody STOP supporting the team because they're winning?!!?!?

im4bflo
01-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Lamest excuse ever.

I don't live in Buffalo anymore, and I have no problem finding news about the team. I have no problem seeing their games. In fact, I'm going to watch them play tonight in Columbus. I support my team.

Go Sabres!!

http://images.sportsline.com/images/nhl/logos/BUF.gif :up:

I'm not talking about the news ANYBODY can get:rolleyes:
It's the stuff you get from fans at the game, that's news!
From the hands on fans, that get to do what we can't,
stupid me, I thought that was obvious, but simple things have to be explained to the 'clique':lmao:

im4bflo
01-26-2007, 07:20 PM
And that, my friend, is why the endless griping is a waste of time.
Not if we all stuck together, but those type of fans, sadly, are gone I guess.
The new fan buys the Reebok cartoon buffaSLUG because we're winning, not because they like it. Reebok found some suckers in Buffalo.

im4bflo
01-26-2007, 07:26 PM
So seriously, what's your answer... everybody STOP supporting the team because they're winning?!!?!?
Damn man, how many times do I have to say, it's got nothing to do with team, or even the uni's, it's the Reebok buffaslug that's being forcefed to the 'blinded by winning' fans. I'll always support the team as always. But not Reebok.

im4bflo
01-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Your witty and enlightening responses just continue to amaze me!
Yes, your majesty :hail:sunshine :roflmao:

chernobylwraiths
01-27-2007, 10:23 AM
In all honesty the "we can't do anything about it so why bother" excuse is defeatest. It is giving up worse than the French in a World War. If there WERE enough people that said "screw that crappy logo, I want to buy a throwback!" the Sabres would listen. But, since the young people that follow then seem to have an endless amount of either desposible income or credit continue to buy the crappy looking logo gear, it will continue to be our logo. It is kind of like the "if you don't support our president you don't support our troops" logic. Unfortunately, there are just too many sheep out there who will buy anything because they believe it means they support the team. I have two new logo pieces of apparel. Two hats for my girls. I told them I don't like them but they can wear what they want.

im4bflo
01-27-2007, 10:29 AM
In all honesty the "we can't do anything about it so why bother" excuse is defeatest. It is giving up worse than the French in a World War. If there WERE enough people that said "screw that crappy logo, I want to buy a throwback!" the Sabres would listen. But, since the young people that follow then seem to have an endless amount of either desposible income or credit continue to buy the crappy looking logo gear, it will continue to be our logo. It is kind of like the "if you don't support our president you don't support our troops" logic. Unfortunately, there are just too many sheep out there who will buy anything because they believe it means they support the team. I have two new logo pieces of apparel. Two hats for my girls. I told them I don't like them but they can wear what they want.

great post :bf1:

kgun12
01-27-2007, 10:30 AM

Well said chern. Except for having to throw in that remark about the president!

:tap: :;

Michael82
01-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Great post! :bf1:

BAAA BAAAAAA!

Philagape
01-27-2007, 03:02 PM

Yeah, it's a WAR! It's US against THEM! You're either with us or against us! (And if you're against us, we'll call you names!) We will not cut and run! War! War! :insane:

chernobylwraiths
01-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Well said chern. Except for having to throw in that remark about the president!

:tap: :;

Sorry man, couldn't help myself.

kgun12
01-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Sorry man, couldn't help myself.

I know chern, I know.