PDA

View Full Version : Jason Garrett top candidate for Cowboys HC job

BILLSROCK1212
01-24-2007, 08:08 PM
I just saw that on ESPNews......going from back up QB to QB coach to head coach of the Dallas Cowboys im rooting for you Jason!

Carlton Bailey
01-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Mike suggested this today on Mike and the Mad Dog. Dallas listened.

LtFinFan66
01-24-2007, 08:15 PM
The Fins must know something. They have been trying to protect him from other teams. Obviously they can't keep him from a HC job

BILLSROCK1212
01-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Mike suggested this today on Mike and the Mad Dog. Dallas listened.who do u like more Tony Paige Steve Summers or Mike and the Mad Dog?

dolphan117
01-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Bill Parcels called him "a head coach waiting to happen" so he may have put in a good word with him to Jerry before he left and Garrett has quite a few fans around the league. He also spent some time in Dallas as a backup QB so its possible that he already had a relationship with Jones..... I would be kinda surprised if he ends up as the HC though, probably ends up with the OC job.

!Papacrunk!
01-24-2007, 09:36 PM
hmm methinks he's too old. You'd think they'd want to hire someone who's at least 24 at the oldest.

BILLSROCK1212
01-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Bill Parcels called him "a head coach waiting to happen" so he may have put in a good word with him to Jerry before he left and Garrett has quite a few fans around the league. He also spent some time in Dallas as a backup QB so its possible that he already had a relationship with Jones..... I would be kinda surprised if he ends up as the HC though, probably ends up with the OC job.Parcells i am pretty sure is also helping Jones interview him according to one report i have seen or heard

jamze132
01-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Mike suggested this today on Mike and the Mad Dog. Dallas listened.
Mike had inside info, he didn't just come up with this out of no where.

jamze132
01-25-2007, 07:02 AM
The Fins must know something. They have been trying to protect him from other teams. Obviously they can't keep him from a HC job
I wonder why he wasn't named your guys OC when Cam came on board. Does Cam have his own ideas on who he wants?

bluehaze
01-25-2007, 07:52 AM
I wonder why he wasn't named your guys OC when Cam came on board. Does Cam have his own ideas on who he wants?

Cam probably didn't want to make him OC because he knew Garrett would be getting a HC job soon after. I think he would rather have a lesser known with a better chance of having consistency at the OC position for a few years.

Carlton Bailey
01-25-2007, 08:05 AM
who do u like more Tony Paige Steve Summers or Mike and the Mad Dog?

I wouldn't know the other guys, BR. I watch Mike and the Dog everyday on the YES Network.

NJFINSFAN1
01-25-2007, 09:23 AM
When Garrett was with the Giants years ago, Parcells said he would be an excellent head coach in the league someday.

Mort said yesterday that he was the most highly sort after assistant coach this year, and the Fins were doing everything they could to keep him.

I hate to see him go.

texasphinsfan
01-25-2007, 10:34 AM

that's exactly what it is. i have no idea why they didn't promote Garrett... probably because they knew he'd be sniped away for a higher job somewhere, and didn't want to risk implementing a whole new system again.

word has it we're interviewing Zampese (Ken, not Ernie). Zampese is the QB coach in Cincy who is responsible for Carson's development. Sounds promising, but i have no idea what scheme he'd be running.

dolphan117
01-25-2007, 12:08 PM
I wonder why he wasn't named your guys OC when Cam came on board. Does Cam have his own ideas on who he wants?He seems to, we have asked for and been granted permission to interview Ken Zampese for our OC postion. He is currently the QB coach for the Bengals who run the same offense that Cam ran in SD, the Air Coryell.

BILLSROCK1212
01-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Garrett has signed on with the 'Boys and could be either HC or OC

Cowboys | Garrett hired as offensive coordinator
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:32:09 -0800

Updating a previous report, ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports the Dallas Cowboys have hired Jason Garrett as their offensive coordinator. Garrett had been serving as the Miami Dolphins quarterbacks coach. As previously reported, Garrett still remains a candidate for the club's vacant head coaching position

Marvelous
01-25-2007, 03:32 PM
I just saw that on ESPNews
So?

BILLSROCK1212
01-25-2007, 04:55 PM
So?
i dont get it

jamze132
01-26-2007, 06:30 AM
When Garrett was with the Giants years ago, Parcells said he would be an excellent head coach in the league someday.

Mort said yesterday that he was the most highly sort after assistant coach this year, and the Fins were doing everything they could to keep him.

I hate to see him go.
They could have replaced Mularkey with him, no?

jamze132
01-26-2007, 06:31 AM
that's exactly what it is. i have no idea why they didn't promote Garrett... probably because they knew he'd be sniped away for a higher job somewhere, and didn't want to risk implementing a whole new system again.

word has it we're interviewing Zampese (Ken, not Ernie). Zampese is the QB coach in Cincy who is responsible for Carson's development. Sounds promising, but i have no idea what scheme he'd be running.
Well I feel for ya, the Bills know a little bit about coach and scheme changes.

Kerr
01-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Who knows he may be the next sean payton to come out of dallas someday.

dolphan117
01-26-2007, 11:34 AM
They could have replaced Mularkey with him, no?Its been reported that we offered him our OC job but he elected to go to Dallas where his responsibilities as well as possibilities are larger. If he had been our OC Cam has already said he will call the plays so if he had stayed in Miami Garrett would have been in more of a gameplanning roll I guess. Not really all that surprising that he went to Dallas when they are offering either a full OC job or maybe even the HC gig.