Ideal Buffalo Mock Draft + Free Agency..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Ideal Buffalo Mock Draft + Free Agency..

Just dreaming a little something up to keep myself and some of you entertained. Does anybody see this as atleast a possible scenario? All comments welcomed!

FA: Briggs or Thomas. ( Thomas is my favorite athlete of the bunch but Briggs has more experience in the Cover 2.. I'm kinda torn on which one I'd rather have. )

WLB - Lance Briggs ··· MLB - Takeo Spikes ··· SLB - Angello Crowell

Jerramy Stevens would also be a great pick up for Buffalo and probably wouldn't cost too much. He would add another quality target for Losman to throw to and would be a legitimate redzone threat.

Resign Kiwaukee Thomas. I think anybody that watched the Bills all season long, understands that Kiwaukee Thomas was a complete beast for us.

Resign Mike Gandy. Versatile lineman who can play multiple positions and most importantly he plays at LG the best, which is a position we could use him in.

1st Round.) Darrell Revis, CB, Pittsburgh.
    2nd Round.) Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
    3rd Round.) Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida

LT - Peters ·· LG - Gandy ·· C - Fowler ·· RG - Preston/Merz ·· RT - Staley

Another defensive draft by the Buffalo Bills will not help JP Losman too much, but it looks like we are going to have to find some difference makers for a bargain again this year. In particular, a new FB would be beneficial to Buffalo and would come at a reasonably cheap price. Along with a legitimate RB is a necessity.
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: Ideal Buffalo Mock Draft + Free Agency..

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
    Just dreaming a little something up to keep myself and some of you entertained. Does anybody see this as atleast a possible scenario? All comments welcomed!

FA: Briggs or Thomas. ( Thomas is my favorite athlete of the bunch but Briggs has more experience in the Cover 2.. I'm kinda torn on which one I'd rather have. )

WLB - Lance Briggs ··· MLB - Takeo Spikes ··· SLB - Angello Crowell

Jerramy Stevens would also be a great pick up for Buffalo and probably wouldn't cost too much. He would add another quality target for Losman to throw to and would be a legitimate redzone threat.

Resign Kiwaukee Thomas. I think anybody that watched the Bills all season long, understands that Kiwaukee Thomas was a complete beast for us.

Resign Mike Gandy. Versatile lineman who can play multiple positions and most importantly he plays at LG the best, which is a position we could use him in.

1st Round.) Darrell Revis, CB, Pittsburgh.
    2nd Round.) Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
    3rd Round.) Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida

LT - Peters ·· LG - Gandy ·· C - Fowler ·· RG - Preston/Merz ·· RT - Staley

Another defensive draft by the Buffalo Bills will not help JP Losman too much, but it looks like we are going to have to find some difference makers for a bargain again this year. In particular, a new FB would be beneficial to Buffalo and would come at a reasonably cheap price. Along with a legitimate RB is a necessity.
    i like yur FA stuff and i like us drafting Joe Staley but not Darrell Revis or Marcus Thomas....id rather draft Daymeion Hughes at CB and then at DT Kareem Brown

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

I think a RG is a much bigger need than RT. Pennington, while not great, was decent and was better than Preston.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Why a RT in the second when Pennington was playing fairly decent. The problem with our line was the interior.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          Why a RT in the second when Pennington was playing fairly decent. The problem with our line was the interior.
          We had to use Robert Royal the majority of the time to help Pennington pass protect and block, that doesn't exactly reak of performance, imo. Plus, I'm not sure how many times I've seen Pennington get beat like a drum by speed rushers but I know it was more than enough for me to lose interest and quit keeping track. Both RG and RT could be upgraded on this team, pick your poison. Lastly, I think that Merz will jump into the starting guard role and I actually advocated this before they made the OL changes midway through the season.. Either way, if you want to substitute an OG in Staley's place that would be fine with me as well.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
            • Jun 2003

I agree with Thurm. Make the 2nd rounder Beekman or someone.
            www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

The Bills could consider upgrading the RT spot. But please don't tell me about the positives of Mike Gandy. He was blown up more than I care to remember. Preston needs to improve a lot before I'm thinking he's a long term solution.

Guard is a crying need for this team.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• clumping platelets

Stevens has MAJOR character issues.......Bills need a legitimate #2 WR not TE

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
                  The Bills could consider upgrading the RT spot. But please don't tell me about the positives of Mike Gandy. He was blown up more than I care to remember. Preston needs to improve a lot before I'm thinking he's a long term solution.

Guard is a crying need for this team.
                  You really think Gandy is that bad?? He is a serviceable LT and in my eyes he is atleast an adequate LG.. Maybe, I'm not seeing something that you did but I thought Gandy has done well for us at LG. God forbid that Peters gets injured next year, but if this were to happen we could move Gandy right back over to LT. Not sure about you, but I like having options.

I agree about Preston but Pennington really isn't much better, he constantly gave up sacks against speedy DE's. Who knows, if Sears is available when we pick in the 2nd round, that would be a great option for OG, imo.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Another defensive draft by the Buffalo Bills will not help JP Losman too much
                    I'm more interested in the front office doing what's necessary to help out the team as a whole, not JP Losman individually. If that means taking defensive players in the draft, I'm all for it.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

You really think Gandy is that bad?? He is a serviceable LT and in my eyes he is atleast an adequate LG.. Maybe, I'm not seeing something that you did but I thought Gandy has done well for us at LG. God forbid that Peters gets injured next year, but if this were to happen we could move Gandy right back over to LT. Not sure about you, but I like having options.

I agree about Preston but Pennington really isn't much better, he constantly gave up sacks against speedy DE's. Who knows, if Sears is available when we pick in the 2nd round, that would be a great option for OG, imo.
                      If Gandy is serviceable then he's nothing more than a backup, which is how I view him. Both Tenny DT's Smith and Hainsworth just launched the guy 5 yards back. I saw it from the stands. The pressure up the middle all season was very evident. Fowler is OK but needs help covering up DT's. He gets little help from Gandy and Preston in pass protection.
                      I still give Preston a chance to work and improve. Gandy is maxed out. Pennington may only be a good backup himself, which is why I'm fine with this mock Draft.
                      http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

OT Levi Brown looked fantastic in the drills this week, just dominating any DL going up against him. We can find guards in the later rounds or in FA prior to the draft.

We have to get serious about upgrading this line.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

We had to use Robert Royal the majority of the time to help Pennington pass protect and block, that doesn't exactly reak of performance, imo. Plus, I'm not sure how many times I've seen Pennington get beat like a drum by speed rushers but I know it was more than enough for me to lose interest and quit keeping track. Both RG and RT could be upgraded on this team, pick your poison. Lastly, I think that Merz will jump into the starting guard role and I actually advocated this before they made the OL changes midway through the season.. Either way, if you want to substitute an OG in Staley's place that would be fine with me as well.
                        That's true. Buffalo did play Royal on that side a lot to help Pennington out. But that is not unexpected for a rookie seventh round pick starting at RT.
                        The question the Bills have to ask is how much better can Pennington get and how quickly can he get there? The answer will determine what the do of course.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

RT is not a need at this point, I think Pennington did well for a 7th round draft pick rookie. Also we have still to see what Brad Butler can bring us.

I think Revis is a bad pick, I think a much better pick would be Eric Wright in Rd 3. And I could see Marcus Thomas being there in rd 4.

Not knowing who is avail in your mock, Id say ideally Id like Jaamal Anderson or Dwayne Jarrett to be there at our pick in round 1, and then in round 2, I could see us going with Beekman.

1. Anderson/Jarrett
                          2. Beekman
                          3. Wright
                          4. Thomas

Along with your FA's, though Stevens has huge injury/consistency/character concerns makes for a good offseason.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            RT is not a need at this point, I think Pennington did well for a 7th round draft pick rookie. Also we have still to see what Brad Butler can bring us.

I think Revis is a bad pick, I think a much better pick would be Eric Wright in Rd 3. And I could see Marcus Thomas being there in rd 4.

Not knowing who is avail in your mock, Id say ideally Id like Jaamal Anderson or Dwayne Jarrett to be there at our pick in round 1, and then in round 2, I could see us going with Beekman.

1. Anderson/Jarrett
                            2. Beekman
                            3. Wright
                            4. Thomas

Along with your FA's, though Stevens has huge injury/consistency/character concerns makes for a good offseason.
                            I'm not sure why you would take Jarrett and Anderson over Peterson or say Lynch. Is DE really that big of a concern when we have a dominant DE in Schobel and 2 very good DE's in Kelsay and Denney? Combined, I believe Denney and Kelsay had around 10 sacks + Schobels 13 or whatever it was, equals roughly 23 sacks by your DE's. That's not bad at all. I can see some areas of concern on the WR position, but not enough to spend a 1st rounder on, especially when guys like Sidney Rice and Samarjidiza can be had in the 2nd round..

Beekman may turn out to be a decent pick. At first glance his height and arm span may draw some red flags for some people, but from what I've seen the kid can flat out play football.

Wright, I'm not sure about and don't know very much about, I will not lie, so I can't really comment too much on this until I find some film on him..

Thomas, I absolutely love this pick but do you honestly think he will fall to the 4th? If so, this pick is a complete steal.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by TigerJ
                              That's true. Buffalo did play Royal on that side a lot to help Pennington out. But that is not unexpected for a rookie seventh round pick starting at RT.
                              The question the Bills have to ask is how much better can Pennington get and how quickly can he get there? The answer will determine what the do of course.
                              From what I've seen of Pennington, I'm not happy with - as him as a starter anyway. I think he would make a fine backup and in due time a quality starter. I'm just not willing to allow our QB get killed for the next couple of years while waiting for the kid to develope.

Comment

Working...
                              X