PDA

View Full Version : A-10 still angered by Bonnies' refusal to play

Ebenezer
03-06-2003, 04:03 PM
The Atlantic 10 might discuss the possibility of dumping St. Bonaventure from the conference at its April meetings after some believe the program embarrassed the league by refusing to finish its season, sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

It is unlikely that the Bonnies would be dropped, but the issue will be discussed after the presidents of the Atlantic 10 schools were livid with the Bonnies' decision Tuesday to quit, leaving remaining opponents Massachusetts and Dayton in the lurch. St. Bonaventure was scheduled to play at UMass on Wednesday and at home against Dayton on Saturday.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/news/2003/0306/1519245.html

don137
03-06-2003, 04:50 PM
I think it is awful that the team quit under adversity. How many teams go on probabtion and not qualify for post season play but play there season and not quit. I don't think they will be dropped from the Atlantic-10 either but the basketball program is going to take a big hit. Who wants to play basketball for a school that is labeled as quitters?

BillsNYC
03-06-2003, 04:54 PM
hahaha! i love it...i'm a fordham university alum and until this happened we were the joke of the A-10 this year!

BillC
03-06-2003, 06:13 PM
Go figure....