PDA

View Full Version : NEWS FLASH!!!!

jamze132
01-25-2007, 08:04 AM
WE HAVE CAP ROOM TO SIGN PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't we beating a dead horse now? Please refrain from beating me.

ICE74129
01-25-2007, 08:06 AM
News flash...Ralph better realize he has the room and can't take the money with him

RockStar36
01-25-2007, 08:12 AM
When has Ralph been to cheap to sign free agents?

Mitchy moo
01-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Enough already.

OpIv37
01-25-2007, 08:38 AM
First, we don't have as much cap room as it appears because we still have like 20 or 22 guys to sign.

Second, some of the names being thrown around (Clements, Fletcher, Freeney, Briggs) will require HUGE amounts of cap room, and even with our space we'll only be able to get one or maybe 2 if we're lucky. So it's a worthwhile discussion to debate where the money is best spent.

Third, we have cap room THIS year but we won't have cap room EVERY year. All of these guys are going to get big contracts that are going to affect the cap for 4 or 5 years down the road. Some thought needs to be put into who is worth this risk and who isn't.

Ickybaluky
01-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Pretty much the entire NFL has plenty of cap room to sign people. Over half the NFL is $20M+ under the cap right now.

ICE74129
01-25-2007, 09:04 AM
First, we don't have as much cap room as it appears because we still have like 20 or 22 guys to sign.

Second, some of the names being thrown around (Clements, Fletcher, Freeney, Briggs) will require HUGE amounts of cap room, and even with our space we'll only be able to get one or maybe 2 if we're lucky. So it's a worthwhile discussion to debate where the money is best spent.

Third, we have cap room THIS year but we won't have cap room EVERY year. All of these guys are going to get big contracts that are going to affect the cap for 4 or 5 years down the road. Some thought needs to be put into who is worth this risk and who isn't.

First off we have TONS of cap room to spend. Second We can get ALL of them if the contracts are done right. Third THIS is the room to get the players in here. You do the contracts right and things work out over time.

No more friggin excuses. If ralph and Marv dont' spend the money, then they won't sell out one game, fans are tired of the BS

RockStar36
01-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Let me try this again.....

OpIv37
01-25-2007, 09:32 AM
First off we have TONS of cap room to spend. Second We can get ALL of them if the contracts are done right. Third THIS is the room to get the players in here. You do the contracts right and things work out over time.

No more friggin excuses. If ralph and Marv dont' spend the money, then they won't sell out one game, fans are tired of the BS

Oh I'm plenty sick of the BS and I want them to spend every penny of that money. But I want them to do it WISELY- that money needs to be spent to build a complete TEAM, not overpay one overrated player (yes, I mean Clements).

clumping platelets
01-25-2007, 09:33 AM
:movie:

gr8slayer
01-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Last year he was pretty cheap IMO.

ICE74129
01-25-2007, 09:42 AM
:movie: Look mr popcorn eater :bandwagon

Clump in all seriousness brother, how many do we have under contract for next year?

ICE74129
01-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Let me try this again.....He was really cheap last year.

And I think fans greatest concern is this, tons of cap room, clear cut needs that if addressed really give us a great shot at being a playoff team THIS year.

BUT!

Ralphs constant whining about money, CBA etc may leave us setting with 15-20 mill sitting in cap room and us just drafting and putting in mid tier fa's again which wont amount to much. Ralph has got to come up with about 50 mill in signing bonus money this offseason if we address what we need to. I am not sure he can let alone will.

SquishDaFish
01-25-2007, 09:47 AM
He used to be cheap way back in the day. But in recent years he hasnt been. Just because he doesnt go out and get every probowler to make some of you happy doesnt mean hes being cheap.

SquishDaFish
01-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Dont you think he was cheap last year for a reason??? It was first year with new coaches and systems why not see what players we have now and rookies can play in these systems to see who the NEW GM and NEW coaches want to keep? And then go work with that??

jamze132
01-26-2007, 06:17 AM
I don't know, I wonder if he lost confidence in Donahoe. Maybe that's why we were el-cheapo his last season.

And last year when Marv came on board, he really didn't have a lot of time to evaluate all the available free agents and at the same time he couldn't honestly assess the Bills personnel to see what he actually had. He knew he had Spikes coming back from an injury, he had a promising CB duo with Clements and McGee, he had 2 unproven QBs to go along with a veteran back-up, and he knew he didn't have **** at DT or Safety. So I think he did what he could with the time he had.

This offseason will tell us a lot of things about the organization from the owner on down. Let's let it play out.

X-Era
01-26-2007, 07:04 AM

Ralph is the head of this team and the past 4 years we have been cheap in signing free agents.

You guys treat him like hes an innocent victim. Hes the leader of the team and t he buck stops at him.

He fired TD only to have Marv follow the same FA philosophy the next year. Now, Im willing to hold judgement until after this season. It could be that Marv wanted to play a season out and wait and see what they would need to fit their schemes after watching the current team play in the system for a whole year. That makes sense to me. But, if we go the cheapo route yet again with 40 mill in cap space, your darned right Im blaming Ralph as the head of this team.

X-Era
01-26-2007, 07:06 AM
Pretty much the entire NFL has plenty of cap room to sign people. Over half the NFL is $20M+ under the cap right now.

Yep, and the teams are going to spend this year. What we will do? get left in the dust?

jamze132
01-26-2007, 07:15 AM
I think Marv will spend the money wisely.

RockStar36
01-26-2007, 07:58 AM
There is a difference between being cheap and being Daniel Snyder. And if I had to choose, I'd take a cheap owner over a stupid owner.

HHURRICANE
01-26-2007, 09:35 AM

I'm about 20 years older than you. Ralph had a 15 year span there where he sucked the big one and "cheap" was the correct adjective. 12 of those years were before you were born. During our "glory days" he found himself in a position where he had to pay. It's not like he said "it's time to spend and build a winner" but rather it was a set of circumstances that Bill Polian engineered.

HHURRICANE
01-26-2007, 09:55 AM
He fired TD only to have Marv follow the same FA philosophy the next year. Now, Im willing to hold judgement until after this season. It could be that Marv wanted to play a season out and wait and see what they would need to fit their schemes after watching the current team play in the system for a whole year. That makes sense to me. But, if we go the cheapo route yet again with 40 mill in cap space, your darned right Im blaming Ralph as the head of this team.

Totally agree. No issues with how 2006 was handled.

As I have posted numerous times here this FA period is make or break for us on many points. If we do not sign some seious talent in the offseason you can pretty much figure out were Ralph's heart is and the future of this team. In 5 weeks we will know a lot!!

TacklingDummy
01-26-2007, 09:56 AM

The Bills may have the cap room to sign all those guys but the one thing they don't have is the revenue to pay the signing bonus to get them here.

RockStar36
01-26-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm about 20 years older than you. Ralph had a 15 year span there where he sucked the big one and "cheap" was the correct adjective. 12 of those years were before you were born. During our "glory days" he found himself in a position where he had to pay. It's not like he said "it's time to spend and build a winner" but rather it was a set of circumstances that Bill Polian engineered.

So he was cheap in the early 70's. I suppose I can let that slide seeing that it's about 35 years later.

HHURRICANE
01-26-2007, 10:02 AM
So he was cheap in the early 70's. I suppose I can let that slide seeing that it's about 35 years later.

????????????????????

You were born in 1984, right? I used '73 as a starting point. Plus 15, puts us into 1988.

RockStar36
01-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Well if he was cheap in 73, that's about 34 years ago. It lasted till 88 which is about 18 years ago. Regardless, I can't speak on the situation so I'll take your word for it.

X-Era
01-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Hold up, are you going to say we have spent the proper amount on FA's? We finished 7 and 9 and yet again out of the playoffs and went INTO the season with 7-15 mill in cap room.

Im not saying Marv came to Ralph and said we want to sign this guy and Ralph said no. Frankly I dont care WHO is to blame. If Ralph looked at his cap and saw 7-15 mill still unspent, he should be demanding that we spend it to make this team better!

By the way, Dan Snyder has no problem putting fannys in the seats!

Also, the cap is the cap, if Dan spends up to his limit good for him. The signing bonuses count against the cap.

We have 40 mill, there will be some players that can drastically upgrade this team, will we get them? remains to be seen.