PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous Injustice

Michael82
01-25-2007, 09:03 AM
I saw this on another site and I read it and wanted to share it with everyone. It's really sad and makes you wonder about Georgia's court system.... :ill:

There is a cardboard box in Genarlow Wilson's old bedroom.

It rests on the floor of his empty closet, near the deflated football and basketball. It's filled with things he needed in his old life. Mostly, it's overflowing with recruiting letters, from schools big and small. A "Good luck on the SAT" postcard from the coaches at Columbia. From another Ivy League college, Brown, a note from the football coach: "You have been recommended to me as one of the top scholar-athletes in your area."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=wilson

LtFinFan66
01-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Yeah I read that! What a load of Bull****!!

ICE74129
01-25-2007, 09:09 AM
I saw this on another site and I read it and wanted to share it with everyone. It's really sad and makes you wonder about Georgia's court system.... :ill:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=wilson
Of all the ****ing things to put someone in jail for. This kid was headed for GREAT things in life and the system has ****ed him.

Christ I am so ****ing pissed right now

Mitchy moo
01-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Horrible.

RedEyE
01-25-2007, 09:18 AM
I nearly bought a house in Douglasville.

SquishDaFish
01-25-2007, 09:44 AM
That is complete BULL****.

Michael82
01-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Of all the ****ing things to put someone in jail for. This kid was headed for GREAT things in life and the system has ****ed him.

Christ I am so ****ing pissed right now
Believe me, I felt the same way when I read it. That's why I wanted to share it. :mad:

Statman
01-25-2007, 10:37 AM
That girl is no innocent puppy. Her parents, and she, ought to be ashamed themselves and have an "A" sewn to her sweater too. Unless I missed something, it doesn't really sound as if she was coerced into anything here.

Great parents she has allowing their daughter to get so screwed up on mind altering substances, at 15 and essentially become a tart.

Yet another fruit from our marvelous culture whereby we let kids engage in behavoir such as this to begin with looking at it from a big picture angle.

This guy apparently should have lived in Vermont where it's all but legal for a grown man to rape a child and get a curfew and no sugar in his cereal for a week.

DraftBoy
01-25-2007, 10:56 AM
As an employee of the Georgia State Government (I work at the Capital) allow me to assure you there currently elected officials working to fix this.

Devin
01-25-2007, 11:00 AM
I read that this morning before class, truly a shame. Sometimes I simply cant understand the justice system.

Gunzlingr
01-25-2007, 11:02 AM
It said that everybody, including the girl said it was her initiating it, and that he shouldn't be punished. They should punish the prosecutor that gets off on making people "take their medicine".

DMBcrew36
01-25-2007, 11:04 AM
in jail for gettin a blowie... that sucks

Michael82
01-25-2007, 11:06 AM
As an employee of the Georgia State Government (I work at the Capital) allow me to assure you there currently elected officials working to fix this.
:clap:

Michael82
01-25-2007, 11:06 AM
It said that everybody, including the girl said it was her initiating it, and that he shouldn't be punished. They should punish the prosecutor that gets off on making people "take their medicine".
the prosecutor should be fired. :up:

ICE74129
01-25-2007, 01:15 PM

Yeah but fix what? They will release him but then what? The state has ruined this kids rep and he will have that tag on him for life as well as a record.

What about his education? he had a GREAT opportunity ahead of him, they most likely wont' touch him now.

sorry man but in this case the state owes him greatly!

OpIv37
01-25-2007, 01:22 PM
BJ's are still a crime in the South. It's scary that people in the bible belt are still afraid of sex.

madness
01-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Wow, so much injustice in this world.

tat2dmike77
01-25-2007, 02:11 PM
oh well

mayotm
01-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Hopefully, as this story gains more exposure, this injustice will be rectified.

raphael120
01-25-2007, 03:24 PM
I dunno, i wasnt all for gettin high and having huge orgies and video taping them when i was 17, but i sure as hell got my knob shlobbed, and when it comes down to it, thats what got him in trouble, and thats crap. if he should be punished for anything it should be smoking and drinking as a minor, and that wouldnt include jailtime im sure

OpIv37
01-25-2007, 03:29 PM
I dunno, i wasnt all for gettin high and having huge orgies and video taping them when i was 17, but i sure as hell got my knob shlobbed, and when it comes down to it, thats what got him in trouble, and thats crap. if he should be punished for anything it should be smoking and drinking as a minor, and that wouldnt include jailtime im sure

well, I don't think a first offense for smoking and drinking as a minor is worthy of jail time- it's usually just a fine and maybe community service. The kid's no angel but he didn't do anything worth 10 years in prison and ruining his entire future.

Marvelous
01-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Total BS. Seems like there's no human thinking instead they go by what the law says..In this case this young kid got screwed...Glad i never got caught when i was a teen....

--After watching his interview and hearing his accent i wonder how innocent he is though...I guess he was keeping it real...

madness
01-25-2007, 03:53 PM
--After watching his interview and hearing his accent i wonder how innocent he is though...I guess he was keeping it real...

"When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong"

I could actually see this situation as a skit on Chappell's Show. Too bad it really happened. :ill:

ParanoidAndroid
01-25-2007, 04:18 PM
That girl is no innocent puppy. Her parents, and she, ought to be ashamed themselves and have an "A" sewn to her sweater too. Unless I missed something, it doesn't really sound as if she was coerced into anything here.

Great parents she has allowing their daughter to get so screwed up on mind altering substances, at 15 and essentially become a tart.

Yet another fruit from our marvelous culture whereby we let kids engage in behavoir such as this to begin with looking at it from a big picture angle.

This guy apparently should have lived in Vermont where it's all but legal for a grown man to rape a child and get a curfew and no sugar in his cereal for a week.

I agree. It's as if society almost encourages this type of behavior. She offered, he accepted. He is no less guilty of sexual misconduct than she is. But 10 years without possibility of parole? That's overkill to the nth degree. I think the public humiliation is punishment enough for the girl, and a quick walk through of the justice system for him does the trick.
It sounds as though he has admitted to being a jerk, which is a lesson learned, that could have been learned with a good scare and a bit of probation.
Free him, now!!!

tat2dmike77
01-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Funny how up and arms people get when a guy who may or may not of had some promise ends up in jail. You want some real injustice go here www.wm3.org (http://www.wm3.org) these guys have been getting screwed and not one word about it. A athlete that could of went to college gets arrested and thrown in jail and the whole country makes a stink of it. Three teens who live in a bible thumping community get accused and convicted of murder because thier different. This guy from GA he will get out eventually and soon. Then his record will be cleared and the state of georgia will probly pay for him to goto a state university blah blah. The other men will never get out unless thier convictions are over turned.

PECKERWOOD
01-25-2007, 10:38 PM
That's a ****ing travesty. How is it that REAL child molesters who rape 8 year olds over the course of 4 years only get 3 years on probation? This is almost like putting to death an innocent man.. A 2 year age difference? Are you ****ting me? The judge outta be ashamed of himself. I know justice is seldomly seen in todays society, but I hope to God that the people who did this are held accountable in atleast the afterlife if you share my beliefs..

PECKERWOOD
01-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Wow, look at all the posts here in support of this young man. I doubt that court officials are oblivious to how ****ed up this situation is. They oughta suck up their pride and admit they made a very stupid decision and apologize and more importantly release him and clear his name.

TigerJ
01-25-2007, 10:51 PM
I hope the Georgia State legislature has the guts to pass a legislative act that will free him, and then apologize to him and his family.

CuseJetsFan83
01-25-2007, 11:44 PM
its sad that the laws that got him in jail are technically "abolished" but they didnt make it retroactive.....

back in the mid 90's a drug bust was being performed, memory escapes me, but they caught a couple performing felatio....... well long story short.... both were charged wtih sodomy

CuseJetsFan83
01-25-2007, 11:46 PM
That's a ****ing travesty. How is it that REAL child molesters who rape 8 year olds over the course of 4 years only get 3 years on probation? This is almost like putting to death an innocent man.. A 2 year age difference? Are you ****ting me? The judge outta be ashamed of himself. I know justice is seldomly seen in todays society, but I hope to God that the people who did this are held accountable in atleast the afterlife if you share my beliefs..

minors here get abused, and the pedophiles that commit the crimes get 60 days in a county lockup.... unless they are repeat offenders, tahts the real travesty....

CuseJetsFan83
01-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Wow, look at all the posts here in support of this young man. I doubt that court officials are oblivious to how ****ed up this situation is. They oughta suck up their pride and admit they made a very stupid decision and apologize and more importantly release him and clear his name.

at the time it was a crime, thats the thing..... it wasnt so much just the age thing, if they would have had intercourse, it would have been a misdemeanor, but it was a felony for sodomy acts (oral/anal) and thats what he got charged with.....

gosh, good thing good ole willy got outta the south lol

PECKERWOOD
01-26-2007, 12:41 AM
at the time it was a crime, thats the thing..... it wasnt so much just the age thing, if they would have had intercourse, it would have been a misdemeanor, but it was a felony for sodomy acts (oral/anal) and thats what he got charged with.....

gosh, good thing good ole willy got outta the south lol

Sure, but judges have the ability to determine how severe the punishment is. This probably could have been decreased to a misdemeanor atleast. 10 years in prison? No sir, that isn't right. He fell through the cracks of the system.

jamze132
01-26-2007, 07:00 AM
I doubt this kid did anything different then what they *****head prosecutor didn't do when he was a little brat. It's so obvious that the prosecutor is a member of the Klan.

Michael82
01-26-2007, 03:39 PM
I doubt this kid did anything different then what they *****head prosecutor didn't do when he was a little brat. It's so obvious that the prosecutor is a member of the Klan.
member of the clan? :rofl:

No, the prosecutor is just a piece of **** that thinks he knows best and wants to teach kids lessons the hard way, when he has no right to. :ill:

Statman
01-26-2007, 05:37 PM
BJ's are still a crime in the South. It's scary that people in the bible belt are still afraid of sex.
Could be why Clinton left Arkansas for D.C.

Maybe this kid was simply exemplifying his former president who stated that it wasn't sex. Seems to me that a good attorney could have used that.

Statman
01-26-2007, 05:38 PM

They probably realize that it makes their state look a little silly.

Statman
01-26-2007, 05:39 PM
well, I don't think a first offense for smoking and drinking as a minor is worthy of jail time- it's usually just a fine and maybe community service. The kid's no angel but he didn't do anything worth 10 years in prison and ruining his entire future.
I'm sure that the penalty wouldn't be that stiff for driving drunk and killing someone at his age.

Statman
01-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Hell, it's rarely that stiff for adults that do that, anywhere.

Bling
01-26-2007, 07:58 PM
AoSC laws are so hard to comprehend.

FLORIDA 18

The age of sexual consent is 16 for adults who are under 24 years of age,
or if the adult that is 24 years of age or older is married to the minor. </pre>http://www.actwin.com/eatonohio/gay/consent.htm

Could someone explain this to me? Anyone from 23-16 can have sex together, but if you are 24 or above, you can only have it with 18 year-olds? And I'm 16, and I have sex with a 15 year-old, I'm going to serve jail time?

Ingtar33
01-26-2007, 10:02 PM
yes

jamze132
01-27-2007, 04:02 AM
member of the clan? :rofl:

No, the prosecutor is just a piece of **** that thinks he knows best and wants to teach kids lessons the hard way, when he has no right to. :ill:
And he hates little black kids because they have bigger penises then him.

Goobylal
01-27-2007, 09:49 AM
The fact that it GOT to the point that he's actually doing jail time, much less THREE years of it, is pathetic. I guess it's asking too much for the legislators to take time out from their vacations and fund-raising to change a stupid law, but hey, that's government for you!

Shameful.

Michael82
01-27-2007, 11:27 AM
The fact that it GOT to the point that he's actually doing jail time, much less THREE years of it, is pathetic. I guess it's asking too much for the legislators to take time out from their vacations and fund-raising to change a stupid law, but hey, that's government for you!

Shameful.
:hi5: