PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign their first OL Free Agent

RedEyE
01-25-2007, 11:27 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4583

By the end of the 2006 season the Bills were down to three offensive tackles, four guards and a center. One more injury could have really begun to stretch the group thin. That's partly why the club began to bolster their roster with potential offensive line depth Thursday in the form of Kirk Chambers who signed a free agent contract with Buffalo.
A sixth-round pick of the Cleveland Browns in 2004, Chambers appeared in 21 games in 2004 and 2005, after being a four-year starter at left tackle in college at Stanford.
"My first year I saw some limited time in a few games," said Chambers of his time in Cleveland. "Then my second year I was a swing tackle backup guy. I saw some time on special teams that year."

See link for more info..

Kerr
01-25-2007, 11:39 AM
FuntimesYay, get in here. What's the scoop on Chambers?

Mr. Pink
01-25-2007, 12:06 PM
I guess I was beckoned!

Kirk Chambers is a virtual no-name....He's just depth nothing more, nothing less. If he were to be cut before week 1 it wouldn't be surprising.

Chambers was a backup to both Tackle spots in Cleveland prior to his release just before week 1 last year, as far as I know he didn't play anywhere last year, which speaks volumes for how well respected he is around the league.

Ryan Tucker clevelands' starting RT had surgery on his knee in June and Chambers was released 2 months later. My guess is he never showed any promise nor did Crennel think very highly of him. I know he saw some action at Tackle for the Browns but I honestly don't remember anything about him on the field, good, bad or indifferent.

My opinion is just based upon his experience or lack there of at the NFL level in the past year.

However he's a huge guy and maybe if he's teachable he can be good for what he is, depth. Seeing he's 6'7" 313.

bigbub2352
01-25-2007, 12:45 PM
He comes from a good school, and he has size, he might be better camp fodder then Aaron Gibson

Nighthawk
01-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Just another body...nothing more, nothing less.

PECKERWOOD
01-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Probably just fodder, but I can't help feeling happy that we are brining in smart individuals from prestigious schools.

Bert102176
01-25-2007, 10:11 PM
yeah more camp fodder and who actually thought Jason Peters would turn out as good as he has who knows many think McNally is so great

jamze132
01-26-2007, 07:08 AM
Now the fans can't say the Bills didn't do anything to improve their O-line! LOL

more cowbell
01-26-2007, 10:27 AM
well were set now for the season hahaha