• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

1st Round Projections

It seems a lot of specualtion on who we are going to take in the 1st round has been spilling into other threads, so I thought I'd try to centralize it a bit. After looking at mocks (albeit early ones) for at least 12 hours, I feel there are some clear cut directions we may take with the #12 pick. I was hoping you all wouldn't mind contributing your thoughts as well. Based on need, and not considering what we do in free agency, I'd say our top 5 stacks up like this:

1. Branch, DT Michigan
    2. Jarrett, WR USC

Many feel those two will be gone, so here is where it gets interesting...

3. Willis, LB Ole Miss
    4. Brown, OT Penn St. (still not convinced the Bills brass is 100% about Pennington)
    5. Pozluszny, LB Penn St.
    Wild Cards: Peterson, RB Okla and Lynch, RB Cal (Depends on the McGahee situation)

To be honest, I'd be happy with any of these top 5. Each offers a distinct improvement at a position of weakness. The RBs would only be looked at if we trade McGahee for a pick, something I doubt we do. Ginn and Tyler are quality players but both are a reach at #12. Of course, this is all subject to change with free agency.
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: 1st Round Projections

PWillis is versatile and could start right away. I think he could be the pick.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

1. Jaamal Anderson
      2. Alan Branch
      3. Dwayne Jarrett
      4. Amobi Okoye
      5. Patrick Willis
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

With where we are picking I'll go my top 5 wants at pick number 12 for us, that realistically can/may be available....

OLB-Lawrence Timmons FSU....based on if the Bills think Spikes won't regain his early 2005 form and wash their hands of him...Personally, I'm skeptical and Timmons would be a huge acquistion.

OT-Levi Brown PSU...I know most people will complain about reach on this one, but we could move down a few spots, still probably get him and pick up some extra picks in the process. I'm not sold on pennington being any sort of answer.

OG-Justin Blalock...See above, except I can't see us starting Merz.

RB-Marshawn Lynch...McGahee in all likelihood will be gone after the next season, Lynch can step in to give him breathers and gain some experience which will bode well for him stepping in as the 2008 starter.

WR-Ted Ginn JR..Gives Losman another weapon to work with at WR and makes Roscoe Parrish expendable considering his only use is return man because of his lack of size. Versatile pick up...Ginn could step in as the slot receiver and PR.

Some other names that may be interesting come April....Posluszny, Quentin Moses DE, Adam Carriker DE, DeMarcus Tyler DT.

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          1. Jaamal Anderson
          2. Alan Branch
          3. Dwayne Jarrett
          4. Amobi Okoye
          5. Patrick Willis
          I'd go with this list although I'd probably have a different order...

Comment

• Kenny
            • Aug 2004

Mine's:

1. Alan Branch DT (by far)
            2. Patrick Willis (only if we dont sign Lance Briggs and then only if we trade down).

3 Leon Hall CB (not the fastest CB, but his physical style is perfect for zone defenses such as ours)

4. Okobi Okoye DT (worried about the report that he looks too small... especially in the legs)

5. Dewayne Jarrett WR

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Lynch or Ginn would be real nice, and could realistically both be there.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Kenny
                Mine's:

1. Alan Branch DT (by far)
                2. Patrick Willis (only if we dont sign Lance Briggs and then only if we trade down).

3 Leon Hall CB (not the fastest CB, but his physical style is perfect for zone defenses such as ours)

4. Okobi Okoye DT (worried about the report that he looks too small... especially in the legs)

5. Dewayne Jarrett WR
                That is pretty close to how I see things, though I would move Hall down the list a bit. If there was another DT or a guard worthy of a top 15 pick, I would add them to the list as well.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
                  PWillis is versatile and could start right away. I think he could be the pick.
                  You speak troof!

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    Teddy makes me sad, he doesn't have good hands.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

He'll fit right in then.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

My preferred order

1 trade down and get Polsuzny
                        East coast blue collar guy can play in and out - Marv type of guy. fills a need
                        and extra pick could be a OL, DT or No2 WR

2 trade down and get Willis
                        Simply prefer Pos but would not be unhappy. Fills a need

3 Amobi Okoye, DT
                        at 6ft1 and 317lbs definitely big enough and with great upside. Fills a need

4 Levi Brown, RG
                        would prefer to go RG through FA

5 Justin Blaylock RG
                        as above - not a good history with Longhorn OLs a concern

I would only stand pat for Okoye and look to trade down and get extra picks with the others

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Ginn: TOO SMALL, geez enough already with undersized receivers!!

Okoye: TOO YOUNG, we saw what a year of Youboty baby sitting got us.

I believe something good will be sitting at #12. Be patient. You can draft a RB and than trade Willis.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            I like both of them, but I like Ginn more at #20-25, not #12. My only problem with Ginn is that he seems to have quite a few similarities to Evans, and we probably need someone with some more size at the other WR spot. Lynch is looking better and better every time I look at him. If McGahee is gone, he slides right up in there with the rest of them.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Amobi Okoye if he can put on 15 pound of muscle by the draft. His weight at the Senior Bowl practices scares me (287lbs.)

Dwayne Jarrett - I would love for Losman to have a big target who has great hands and extraordinary body control to pair with Lee Evans.

Jamaal Anderson - What a pair he would make with Aaron Schobel

Marshawn Lynch-Does everything well.

Darrelle Revis-I like his athleticism paired with his cover skill.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X