PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember this name? McCARGO

im4bflo
01-25-2007, 09:12 PM
What's the latest on McCARGO? :idunno:
I almost forgot about him!

Dr. Lecter
01-25-2007, 09:15 PM
I would assume he is continuing to recover from the stress fracture, but have heard nothing.

PECKERWOOD
01-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Honestly, I'm not trying to jump the gun here but these are trademark signs of him becoming a bust. This could very well be because of his injury ( which is what I'm hoping it's about.. ) or it could be because he isn't doing things well enough to stand out. Who knows, we will know alot more about what our coaches and front office thinks of him after the draft!

im4bflo
01-25-2007, 09:32 PM
It is kind of weird he just vanished for the year, without updates or any news at all. I hope he's not a bust like Williams, what a wasted draft pick.

ICE74129
01-25-2007, 09:39 PM
thing is its the same foot injury that hampered him in college

SpillerThrills
01-25-2007, 09:40 PM
they put him on the IR so there was really no reason to give updates on his status cause no matter what he wan't gonna play again this year......

TigerJ
01-25-2007, 09:45 PM
I assume if it's a stress fracture, it's probably healed by now. We'll try again next season.

Mitchy moo
01-25-2007, 09:47 PM
feet injuries never go away, ever.

Tatonka
01-25-2007, 10:03 PM
he will be fine.

HAMMER
01-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Everyone is jumping the gun again on the bust label.

RedEyE
01-26-2007, 02:32 AM
McCargo is the primary reason I believe the bills will NOT look to the 1st round of the draft for a DT.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-26-2007, 05:12 AM
McCargo is the primary reason I believe the bills will NOT look to the 1st round of the draft for a DT.

Even if McCargo comes back and has a marvelous year, the Bills still have to replace Tim Anderson in their DT rotation. When the Bills do better stopping the run in a game that Anderson doesn't even play, I think it is safe to say that there is a good chance that he will not be on the team next season. And, I seriously doubt that they are going to want to go into next season with Jefferson as part of their DT rotation.

Now, with Okoye showing up at the Senior Bowl at 287 pounds, the Bills may not want to use their first round draft pick on him, but they absolutely must add at least one DT to their roster this offseason, either through free agency or the draft. The draft is pretty thin at DT after the first couple of picks--Thomas from Florida has first round talent, but may slip into the middle or later rounds after getting kicked off the team and with his character issues (which probably means the Bills wouldn't want him anyway)--but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of talent there after the first round or two if the Bills don't sign a DT in free agency.

The question that I have with McCargo is whether, with his foot problems, the Bills would want him to carry the weight he would need to play the 1-gap spot. The Bills had said that they anticipated moving McCargo to the 1-gap spot, after starting him out at the 3-gap, once he put on a little more weight, but, after re-injuring his foot, I wonder if they would want him to risk injuring it yet again by putting on additional weight (more weight would increase the risk of re-injury). If they decide to keep McCargo as a 3-gap DT (where he could actually lose a little weight and take some pressure off of his foot), that would increase their need to get a 1-gap DT--which Okoye may not be.

Either way, so far I haven't heard anything at all about how McCargo's recovery is going. I can just hope that it is going well because he will be a key player for the Bills in terms of what they can and will do this offseason.

jamze132
01-26-2007, 06:53 AM
They might go DT in the first round. McCargo is still an unproven.

Tim Anderson must go!

Jeff1220
01-26-2007, 07:36 AM
After watching SBXXV for the first time in quite a while last night, I think Jeff Wright is perfect for the Tampa2. Let's lure him out of retirement. lol.

Don't Panic
01-26-2007, 08:50 AM
I really think that whether McCargo plays the 1 gap or 3 gap, we look to fill our needs at DT in Free Agency. Three guys with one year of total experience between them in the DT rotation next year seems to be a bit risky. Plus, as stated, there is definitely a drop in talent after Branch. DTs are relatively cheap as well, which makes getting one in FA much more fiscally sound.

ICE74129
01-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Guys we are going to look to fill the 1 gap DT in Free agency. We need some more veteran experience.

McCargo isn't going to beat out tripplet, no matter how much the homers want him too. McCargo will rotate in with Tripplett IF McCargo makes it back 100%

Kerr
01-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Guys we are going to look to fill the 1 gap DT in Free agency. We need some more veteran experience.

McCargo isn't going to beat out tripplet, no matter how much the homers want him too. McCargo will rotate in with Tripplett IF McCargo makes it back 100%

Ian Scott.

ICE74129
01-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Ian Scott. I think so as well

Tatonka
01-26-2007, 10:18 AM
ian scott doesnt really impress me personally, but i guess he is an upgrade over anderson

by the way.. does it not seem a little crazy to think that if mccargo is 290 or 310 that pressure is going to effect his foot greatly?

ParanoidAndroid
01-27-2007, 10:12 AM
I think everyone has forgotten about Justin Harrell and how he was considered a potential competitor for the first DT picked in the draft before his biceps injury. Kareem Brown has some potential and he could be had in the 4th.

ParanoidAndroid
01-27-2007, 10:26 AM
ian scott doesnt really impress me personally, but i guess he is an upgrade over anderson

by the way.. does it not seem a little crazy to think that if mccargo is 290 or 310 that pressure is going to effect his foot greatly?

Hopefully, they let it heal naturally and gave him plenty of rest and rehab. That's the advantage of youth. Had this injury ocurred in his 6th year, he might not recover fully, but I think he'll do just fine with a stress fracture. The team was smart to not risk the investment and put him on ice for the year.

When I was 25, I had just goten out of the Army and was running track and cross-country. Over the summer of my freshman year, I came up with a spinal injury. One of my discs was severely bulged, nearly ruptured, and pressing on my sciatic nerve. The pain shooting down my legs was almost unbearable. I went through 8 months of chiropractic care and rehabed on my own. I started back up my junior year and stayed for an extra year to add to my degree and use my eligibility. Three years of 70-90 miles of running per week plus weight training and some intermural basketball. Not once did I experience any pain in my back. You might say it's not the same as the beating football players take. That's true, but that's a lot of repetitious pounding on the pavement which puts quite a lot of pressure on the spine. My chiropractor said he had never seen anyone my age get this injury but he'd also never seen anyone recover as well as I did. Ten years later, the damn thing acts up every time the weather changes. :sigh:Just thought I'd share that. Injuries heal when you're young.

chernobylwraiths
01-27-2007, 10:31 AM

This was my thinking when I made that thread a couple weeks back. I didn't explain myself completely enough though.

RedEyE
01-27-2007, 11:29 AM
This was my thinking when I made that thread a couple weeks back. I didn't explain myself completely enough though.

I assumed as much. This team drafted on nessecity last year. I'd be shocked if they took another DT first round this season.

Throne Logic
01-28-2007, 12:21 AM

You could make the same argument about his ability to play on the line. Is the difference between 290 and 310 really going to help him that much?

feelthepain
01-28-2007, 12:50 AM

Especially when battling against 300 pounders pushing back all day long!