PDA

View Full Version : From Bengals.com on the Spikes interview...

Jeff1220
03-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Spikes: Change is good

3/6/2003 - 3-6-03, 4:15 p.m.
BY GEOFF HOBSON

www.bengals.com

Bengals linebacker Takeo Spikes made it clear for the umpteenth time this offseason that he wants to change teams.

This time the setting was Orchard Park, N.Y., during his visit to the Bills’ facilities Thursday afternoon. Asked by the Western New York media what his mind frame would be if the Bills offer him a contract that the Bengals match, he said, “I’m crossing my fingers.”

“I think change is good,” Spikes said. “Change is good for everybody. For my point right now, I think change would be more than welcome.”

Spikes, who arrived in Buffalo Wednesday, indicated it’s still up in the air if he will stay over another night, with the implication that it hinges on getting an offer sheet put together for him to sign.

The Bengals would have seven days to match the Buffalo offer, but will his repeated public statements convince new Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis not to match?

In another era, the Bengals signed Carl Pickens and Corey Dillon despite saying toxic things compared to what the low-key Spikes has uttered. Yet Lewis has insisted from the day he was hired he seeks only players who want to be here.

“I’m very impressed with everything I can see,” Spikes said in Buffalo. “Just how organized it is. And the commitment to winning in the organization, From the top, Mr. (owner Ralph) Wilson all the way to the bottom and the water boy. It’s very impressive. It’s the little things that are done right around here.”

The personable Spikes was his usual outgoing self and made a favorable impression on the Bills’ press corps. After the news conference, he came back into the interview room with a disposable camera and took a picture of the media contingent.

RedEyE
03-06-2003, 05:36 PM
:clap:

shelby
03-06-2003, 05:38 PM
:up:

justasportsfan
03-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
Spikes: Change is good

3/6/2003 - 3-6-03, 4:15 p.m.
BY GEOFF HOBSON

www.bengals.com

After the news conference, he came back into the interview room with a disposable camera and took a picture of the media contingent.

TD, Please include a digital camera in the contract. That should make him sign.

Michael82
03-06-2003, 05:46 PM
If the Bengals match the Bills' offer...I will be amazed! They will have one of the biggest problems on their team and it could ruin the first year coach, Marvin Lewis!

BillsMan80
03-06-2003, 06:00 PM
I hate Marvin Lewis.

JJamezz
03-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Man, I've been quietly hoping for this since about mid-season when I heard he'd be a FA... If TD pulls this off, it will be absolutely HUGE for this team... Let alone if he can finagle a first rounder out of Atlanta and possibly get Adams in here too.. My God... I'm tearing up...

Mikey, get me some tissue...

:biggrin: