We don't need much to improve...check this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

We don't need much to improve...check this!

Some of the Zoners have been crying the blues about Ralph needing to pony up and tap into the Federal Reserve to pick up big name FA's. Between the draft and a few solid FA's we can do some damage as far as improving enough to get up to playoff caliber ball.

A few scenarios....

FA pickups- Ian Scott DT, Nick Harper CB, Derrick Dockery G, Daniel Graham TE & Jordan Black OT.

Draft- Patrick Willis ILB Round 1, Jason Hill WR Round 2, Aaron Ross CB Round 3, Doug Free OT Round 4, Samson Satele G Round 5, Jason Snelling FB Round 6.

Of course a few things have to fall into place for this to happen, but you can see that we don't have to be the Washington Deadskins of the league to make some waves. This would be a solid off season.

Defense
    LE-Kelsay/Denney
    DT-Triplett/McCargo
    DT-Scott/Williams
    RE-Schoebel/Hargrove
    WLB-TKO/Ellison
    ILB-Willis/DiGiorgio
    SLB-Crowell/Stamer
    CB-McGee/Greer/Ross
    CB-Harper/Youboty
    SS-Whitner/Bowen
    FS-Simpson/Leonard

KR-McGee
    PR-Ross (Solid special teamer in college)

Offense
    QB-JP/KH
    RB-Willis/A-Train
    FB-Shelton/Snelling
    WR-Evans/Hill
    WR-Price/Reed
    TE-Royal/Graham
    C-Fowler/Preston
    G-Gandy/Merz
    LT-Peters/Black
    G-Dockery/Preston
    RT-Pennington/Free

So throw a wrench into the works and Willis is a dink and the Bills buonce him for a draft pick...

FA- Scott, Harper, Dockery, Graham, Black & Kevin Curtis WR Rams.

Draft-Marshawn Lynch RB Round 1, David Harris ILB Round 2, A. Ross CB Round 3, Doug Free OT Round 4, Samson Satele OG Round 5, Jason Snelling FB Round 6.

Either way I don't see Ralph and Marv spending big bucks on Briggs, June, Steinbach, whomever. I think that we can get it done and still be somewhat conservative.

Any thoughts?
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: We don't need much to improve...check this!

I can agree fro the most part. I'd go about drafting a little differently, aned I think the Bills will step in a different direction as far as signing free agents. As I've said before, the Bills are just not in the hunt for top tier FAs. They will continue to court 2nd tier players and fill in using the draft.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Re: We don't need much to improve...check this!

Originally posted by jpdex12
      Some of the Zoners have been crying the blues about Ralph needing to pony up and tap into the Federal Reserve to pick up big name FA's. Between the draft and a few solid FA's we can do some damage as far as improving enough to get up to playoff caliber ball.

A few scenarios....

FA pickups- Ian Scott DT, Nick Harper CB, Derrick Dockery G, Daniel Graham TE & Jordan Black OT.

Draft- Patrick Willis ILB Round 1, Jason Hill WR Round 2, Aaron Ross CB Round 3, Doug Free OT Round 4, Samson Satele G Round 5, Jason Snelling FB Round 6.

Of course a few things have to fall into place for this to happen, but you can see that we don't have to be the Washington Deadskins of the league to make some waves. This would be a solid off season.

Defense
      LE-Kelsay/Denney
      DT-Triplett/McCargo
      DT-Scott/Williams
      RE-Schoebel/Hargrove
      WLB-TKO/Ellison
      ILB-Willis/DiGiorgio
      SLB-Crowell/Stamer
      CB-McGee/Greer/Ross
      CB-Harper/Youboty
      SS-Whitner/Bowen
      FS-Simpson/Leonard

KR-McGee
      PR-Ross (Solid special teamer in college)

Offense
      QB-JP/KH
      RB-Willis/A-Train
      FB-Shelton/Snelling
      WR-Evans/Hill
      WR-Price/Reed
      TE-Royal/Graham
      C-Fowler/Preston
      G-Gandy/Merz
      LT-Peters/Black
      G-Dockery/Preston
      RT-Pennington/Free

So throw a wrench into the works and Willis is a dink and the Bills buonce him for a draft pick...

FA- Scott, Harper, Dockery, Graham, Black & Kevin Curtis WR Rams.

Draft-Marshawn Lynch RB Round 1, David Harris ILB Round 2, A. Ross CB Round 3, Doug Free OT Round 4, Samson Satele OG Round 5, Jason Snelling FB Round 6.

Either way I don't see Ralph and Marv spending big bucks on Briggs, June, Steinbach, whomever. I think that we can get it done and still be somewhat conservative.

Any thoughts?
      That could work, but I would love to have Lance Briggs on the outside and move Crowell inside. Draft eslewhere.

Comment

Working...
      X