PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl XXV

BillsNick
01-26-2007, 11:32 AM
I just watched the replay of the infamous "wide right" game and I realized something.

If Andre Reed would have shown up for the damn game, we would have won easily. He dropped so many friggin passes! :cynic:

Don't get me wrong, I love Andre, but he cost us that game. Not Scott Norwood.

patmoran2006
01-26-2007, 11:38 AM
I really think the back seven of our defense lost that game, missing so many crucial tackles that kept Giant drives alive and kept our offense off the field too much.

BillsNick
01-26-2007, 11:45 AM
I really think the back seven of our defense lost that game, missing so many crucial tackles that kept Giant drives alive and kept our offense off the field too much.

We only gave up 20 points. If Andre would have caught HALF of the balls he dropped, we would have put atleast 30 points on the board.

RedEyE
01-26-2007, 11:49 AM

Absolutely!

Hostetler completed 20 of 32 passes for 222 yards and one touchdown.

Again, that's Jeff Hostetler!

RedEyE
01-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Giants quarterback Jeff Hostetler kept the long drive going by converting three third-down plays – an 11-yard pass to running back David Meggett on third-and-eight, a 14-yard toss to wide receiver Mark Ingram on third-and-13, and a 9-yard pass to Howard Cross on third-and-four-to give New York a 17-12 lead in the third quarter.

Once again, that's JEFF HOSTETLER!

patmoran2006
01-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Nick I agree about Reed.

but how many time consuming drives did the Giants eat up? Even if they didnt score on them, they kept our potent offense off the field.. If we were better on third down we'd have gotten 3-4 more possessions and we woulda scored more, and forced them to throw, then it was over for them.

That game STILL drives me crazy because we were the far better team.. Frankly, we were outcoached that game.

BillsNick
01-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Nick I agree about Reed.

but how many time consuming drives did the Giants eat up? Even if they didnt score on them, they kept our potent offense off the field.. If we were better on third down we'd have gotten 3-4 more possessions and we woulda scored more, and forced them to throw, then it was over for them.

That game STILL drives me crazy because we were the far better team.. Frankly, we were outcoached that game.

I agree with you as well.

I'm just saying, we had a few drives stall because of Reed's dropped passes. Had he caught the passes, it would have been a different story.

Captain gameboy
01-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Super Bowl 25. Steve Tasker:
"I was proud of the country I lived in and of the team I played on."

3rd and something, Bills up 12-3. Second quarter.
Kelly hits Al Edwards between the 8 and the 5.
Would have been a first down.
He drops it.

We would have scored and we would have taken them out of their game plan.

In my mind, that was the play of the game.

The last buffalo fan
01-26-2007, 12:21 PM
:ill:

OpIv37
01-26-2007, 12:22 PM
this game is so frustrating- a handful of tackles, a dropped pass or two, and a kick that was 3 feet too far to the right- that's the difference between eternal glory and being a laughingstock.

Dr. Lecter
01-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Mark Ingrahm.

I hate the POS. He killed the Bills. A below average WR beat them on a big play.

SquishDaFish
01-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Please stop talking about this damn game lol. I get a ****ty feeling in my stomach when I hear about this DAMN GAME!! lol

BillsNick
01-26-2007, 01:00 PM
All in all though, it was nice to watch the K-gun again.

Thurman really tore it up in that game.

Crazygoo
01-26-2007, 02:23 PM
i hate talking about this game

Ickybaluky
01-26-2007, 02:33 PM
The Bills should have run the ball more, the Giants played them to pass. They only ran 25 times as opposed to 30 passes, despite gaining 6.6 yards per rush.

That is why they lost. The Giants were in a nickel defense the whole game, daring them to run.

OpIv37
01-26-2007, 02:37 PM
The Bills should have run the ball more,
That is why they lost. .

funny- a decade and a half later, and nothing has changed.

Michael82
01-26-2007, 04:11 PM
All in all though, it was nice to watch the K-gun again.

Thurman really tore it up in that game.
That's what cost them the game. They should have focused on pounding the ball all game long with Thurman Thomas, he had an MVP type game, but they kept passing. :ill:

Michael82
01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
:sigh: :dream:

http://buffalobills.com/photos/billssbxxvchamps.jpg

http://buffalobills.com/display_cont.jsp?cont_id=45207

http://buffalobills.com/display_cont.jsp?cont_id=45226

DynaPaul
01-26-2007, 04:29 PM
God, not this game again. 9 times out of 10 we would have blown that team up. But no, a bunch of washed up chump players managed to squeak one out of their ass.

Bill Brasky
01-26-2007, 09:42 PM
I just watched the replay of the infamous "wide right" game and I realized something.

If Andre Reed would have shown up for the damn game, we would have won easily. He dropped so many friggin passes! :cynic:

I think the D cost them the game more than anything. There is no excuse for a backup to dominate the T.O.P. in a Super Bowl against the favored team.

We were favored by a TD and our offense had the ball less than 20 minutes!

Bling
01-26-2007, 09:45 PM

No, Norwood lost the game. He had it in his hands.

Ingtar33
01-26-2007, 10:00 PM
two things beat us:

1) dropped passes. jimbo was on that night, so was thurman.

2) what really killed us is the giants ran a high school offense, and the bills never made any adjustments, bring 9 men into the box and force hostetler to do anything. They played off as if hostetler was cunningham, played man, which ceded the running game to the front 7, and let the giants go 2TE 2RB on our front 7... had the bills even brought in our goal line defense when the giants went heavy they would have been doing something.

Force the giants to spread it out, or something.

But no. the giants ran the same 10 plays over and over again, my god, they ran 4 passing plays the whole game (out of three formations) roll right, roll right, roll right, roll right, roll left when bruce starts knifing inside, then roll right, roll right, roll right...

ugh. you know this week was the first time i ever watched a replay of that game.

small note: the site adjustments that Kelly and the O made to BB's 2 lineman, 4-5LB defense happened between the bill's 2nd drive and 3rd drive. The only reason we didn't blow them off the field before halftime was penalties killing drives + costly drive killing drops.

The Bills never really had a chance to get Thurman into the game, as i think they touched the ball 1 time in the 3rd quarter.

Mitchy moo
01-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Lets move on folks, we will get our chance again and not F-it up.

Historian
01-27-2007, 07:00 AM
The play of the game was the Hostetler safety.

We strip the ball, it's a TD for us.

Instead, he hangs onto it, and only gives up 2.

mikemac2001
01-27-2007, 10:39 PM
dont really remember much being 5 and all ive gone back and watched it a few times it just is to hard....the SB hurts me the most is the 2nd cowboys how we let them score TD before half then the thurman fumble...would have been a sweet way to end the run getting revenge on the boys .....atleast beebe got a ring

mikemac2001
01-27-2007, 10:42 PM

your right you can blame reed all you want but your kicker is suppose to make that kick...i know it wasnt easy but norwood is suppose to make that kick...it wasnt no 50+ yarder it was sin his range and if it wasnt SB or a pressure kick i bet he makes it ...he just couldnt handle it...if Adam V misses all those kicks everyone would blame him bc thats his Job to do one thing

finsrclowns
01-27-2007, 10:53 PM

Knowing Norwood was poor outside 45 yards the Bills should have tried one more play with 8 seconds left to get within realistic range. Odds were maybe 3-10 he makes that kick so saying it's his fault is saying he should be better than he was. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-28-2007, 02:31 AM
The Giants were offsides on the FG