PDA

View Full Version : We're going to come up short

Typ0
01-26-2007, 08:04 PM
again

Nighthawk
01-26-2007, 08:10 PM
This team just is not good enough right now. Anybody who thinks otherwise, well, they are fooling themselves.

im4bflo
01-26-2007, 08:13 PM
I'll never ever give up.
We are good enough!
GO SABRES!

Nighthawk
01-26-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm a huge fan, but I'm not blind...I can see this team is missing something and it is becoming more apparent every game.

GThirst
01-26-2007, 08:38 PM
We havn't lost 6 in a row this season though!

We always slump in the middle of the season it seems. I bet we'll lose our first seed and drop a spot or 2. Hopefully the team kicks it into gear in the playoffs.

Nighthawk
01-26-2007, 08:41 PM
We havn't lost 6 in a row this season though!

We always slump in the middle of the season it seems. I bet we'll lose our first seed and drop a spot or 2. Hopefully the team kicks it into gear in the playoffs.

Hopefully just aren't good enough. This team is sitting in an ideal position to make a few tweaks to win the cup. The make up of this team as it stands today, is not good enough to win the cup. IMO

Darcy, please make a move and don't let this season go to waste!

GThirst
01-26-2007, 08:44 PM
That is true. I would like to see Spacek go for something useful... Like a talented player worth the money. Everyone is obsessed with trading Kotalik, but Spacek should GTFO. OH and Biron, hes not going to be usefull in the playoffs even if miller is hurt, he isn't good enough.

I bet we could get some hot players from teams with goalie problems...

Biron for Kopitar! :dance:

Philagape
01-26-2007, 08:46 PM

Are all Fan based trades made on the assumptions that the 29 other teams are ******s? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=118352)

Nighthawk
01-26-2007, 08:48 PM
That is true. I would like to see Spacek go for something useful... Like a talented player worth the money. Everyone is obsessed with trading Kotalik, but Spacek should GTFO. OH and Biron, hes not going to be usefull in the playoffs even if miller is hurt, he isn't good enough.

I bet we could get some hot players from teams with goalie problems...

Unlike many on this board, I'm all for moving Biron if it helps the team win the Cup. I just believe that their is a big lack of grit and heart on this team and you can see it when the puck is being played along the boards...the Sabres barely win those matchups. Hecht might just be the softest player I've witnessed play the game. This team is getting out muscled and it has been successful for other teams lately and this is not something that can be ignored. It is only going to get tighter in the playoffs, against better teams.

Nighthawk
01-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Are all Fan based trades made on the assumptions that the 29 other teams are ******s? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=118352)

Dude, he's a fan...that's what he would like to see, not what is going to happen. Relax.

Philagape
01-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Then I'd like to see us trade Biron to Pittsburgh for Crosby, Malkin and Staal.

SkateZilla
01-26-2007, 08:54 PM
once Taqllinder comes back.. sit teppo.. he's slow and out of position mor ethan peters and kalinin combined!

Philagape
01-26-2007, 08:57 PM
once Taqllinder comes back.. sit teppo.. he's slow and out of position mor ethan peters and kalinin combined!

It's Tallinder, not Taqllinder.

Nighthawk
01-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Then I'd like to see us trade Biron to Pittsburgh for Crosby, Malkin and Staal.

Man, have a logical reply and don't be ridiculous...too many fans here can't see what is happening and are just pleased to except what the Sabres feed to us...such as: Biron = Great insurance. Yeah, that's great, but he won't help us win the cup. I have life insurance, but I never want to see it and you know what happens if that life insurance gets paid out? Well, that means I'm dead and so are the Sabres if Miller gets hurt.

Nighthawk
01-26-2007, 08:58 PM

I agree, Teppo and Kalinin might be our 2 worst defenseman at this point of the season. Our defense is killing us right now.

Dr. Lecter
01-26-2007, 11:11 PM
It is all over.

PANIC TIME PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im4bflo
01-26-2007, 11:13 PM
you guys are unbelievable :cynic:
GO SABRES!

SabreEleven
01-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Maybe it's time to sit a couple people....did Vanek even play tonight?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Maybe it's time to sit a couple people....did Vanek even play tonight?

What game were you watching:question: Vanek was all over the place last night!

Philagape
01-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Since Dec. 14, we're 9-8-2. That's .500 hockey for a month and a half. I think that's reason to be concerned.

BlackMetalNinja
01-27-2007, 08:58 AM
I need to go buy a new Sabres hardhat I guess... didn't realize the sky was falling so soon this season!

Nighthawk
01-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Since Dec. 14, we're 9-8-2. That's .500 hockey for a month and a half. I think that's reason to be concerned.

Exactly! However, there are a lot of people on here who only look at the overall record and think, "man, our record is really good...we're playing great, nothing to worry about!" That, my friend, is not seeing the forest through the trees. The fact is, this team has not played well in a very long time. Something has to change...it isn't just a slump, it's far past that now.

THATHURMANATOR
01-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Blanket statements like this from negative nancies have 0 basis. The team however is not working right now. They were embarrassed last night. They need to get their heads out of their ass that is for sure!!!

Nighthawk
01-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Blanket statements like this from negative nancies have 0 basis. The team however is not working right now. They were embarrassed last night. They need to get their heads out of their ass that is for sure!!!

Listen, I'm not negative, just a realist...and the fact is, right now, as I type this, the team is not good enough. How can you argue this? Are you seriously believing that it will just take a flip of the switch and things will, "poof", be all better?

SabreEleven
01-27-2007, 10:55 AM
They need to stop reading the newspaper and the standings and start hustling.

Nighthawk
01-27-2007, 11:18 AM
They need to stop reading the newspaper and the standings and start hustling.

That's my point. This team thinks that they are better than what they really are and that is not good. They must start working again...

Bufftp
01-27-2007, 11:57 AM
I will render judgement when the playoffs start.
Mid season blues.

THATHURMANATOR
01-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Listen, I'm not negative, just a realist...and the fact is, right now, as I type this, the team is not good enough. How can you argue this? Are you seriously believing that it will just take a flip of the switch and things will, "poof", be all better?
I was speaking more of the initial post of this thread.

RedEyE
01-27-2007, 12:09 PM
There is hardly a perfect team out there. This is a perfect tim to hit a slump for the Sabres (better then the end of the season). This team will bounce back when it counts.

Where's Max been?

Nighthawk
01-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I was speaking more of the initial post of this thread.

Ok, sorry about that.

Philagape
01-27-2007, 08:28 PM
How long does a slump have to go before it's no longer just a slump? Seven weeks? Nine?

Nighthawk
01-27-2007, 09:13 PM
How long does a slump have to go before it's no longer just a slump? Seven weeks? Nine?

If you ask some people, everything is just fine...just a minor bump in the road. However, I've been calling for changes for a couple of weeks. Darcy cannot sit still at the trade deadline and do nothing...this team NEEDS a shake up and RIGHT NOW!

im4bflo
01-27-2007, 10:51 PM

If you've been a fan as long as me :fogey: some slumps take years!
But I'm betting we'll be just fine. GO SABRES!

chernobylwraiths
01-28-2007, 05:25 PM

Yeah, over .500 and slumping badly. Once Tallinder comes back, make him wear kevlar body armour and braces on every joint.

Philagape
01-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah, it's all Tallinder. He's our savior.

I hope so, because I don't think .500 will cut it in the playoffs.

chernobylwraiths
01-28-2007, 05:29 PM
That's my point. This team thinks that they are better than what they really are and that is not good. They must start working again...

So, the team isn't good enough but if they work at it they will be? Well which is it? Work at it more and they are good enough or trade several prospects away for a rent a player to get better?

chernobylwraiths
01-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah, it's all Tallinder. He's our savior. I hope so, because I don't think .500 will cut it in the playoffs.

No, but I think everyone agrees that they are playing poorly and not anywhere near as good as they can and should be playing. Tallinder will help immensely, but they need to play much better.

Gleason had an article in today's Buffalo News and mentioned Eric Brewer. He makes about $2 million a year and might be a great acquisition.

Philagape
01-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Brewer would be nice.

Nighthawk
01-28-2007, 06:43 PM
So, the team isn't good enough but if they work at it they will be? Well which is it? Work at it more and they are good enough or trade several prospects away for a rent a player to get better?

The point is that this team is not good enough just to assume it can step on the ice and beat teams. It is a team that must work hard each night to win. And yes, they need a trade to bring in some grit and heart. Brewer would be a nice addition, but they also need to add somebody up front that is talented, gritty and willing to go into the corner to make a play. Get those things and this team is in better shape for the playoffs.

RockStar36
01-29-2007, 08:44 AM
I'm not that concerned just yet. It's pretty obvious that they are struggling and need to get things together, but I'm not about to panic. They did the same thing last year after the Olympic break. I do think a trade needs to be made before the deadline.

Dude
01-29-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm concerned that they are (now) consistently letting games get away from them. I'll be more concerned if they are still doing it in a month.